Jack Robinson

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The blocks I'd expect us to have in place for 2024/25 are;

Wes
----- / Egan / Robinson
Baldock or Bogle / ----- / ----- / RND
----- / -----
McBurnie

Which means we should at least have a solid team. But that still depends on 2 or 3 more extensions

Exactly. Most of our permanent signings made this summer have to have one eye on next year likely being in the Championship. That's not to raise the white flag, but it's to make sure we're in the best possible place to come straight back up, if the worst did occur.

We need at least 2 of the midfielders we sign this summer to be fill the vacant spots in your team above, and probably a striker as well. That leaves us with a squad next season of:

GK
Wes
Davies

CBs
JLT,
Egan,
New RCB
Backup CB
Backup L/R CB

RWB
Bogle/Baldock (one sold?)

LWB
RND
New Signing

CM
New Signing x 4
Norwood
Blaster/Peck

CF
New Signing
McBurnie
Brewster
Jebbo/Osula

That's around 10 new signings to be made - if we can get 5 or 6 of those sorted this year (including January), it should make next summer a bit less chaotic.

Great news. The most improved player of the last couple of years. Prone to an error but they’re less frequent and his performances more than make up for it
agreed and agreed - every defender has errors, closer to goal you play more they stand out - imagine if Fleck played CB and every mis-stimed tackle or pass lead to a opportunity on goal, thats the pressure these lads play under

This season Egan will get turned, Anel, will give a penalty away, Robbo will chop someone in half and see red - but when he makes a mistake he doesnt hide, and has frequently gone up t'other end and bagged a goal
Much rather have him in the side striking the fear of god into the oppo than someone like Lowe who will be like a rabbit in the headlights i reckon, notwithstanding JLT will be a potent weapon as we wont be breaking forward in numbers, set pieces will be important to us.

All in all good signing, knows the place, respected by the players and as a bunch of pessimistic negative need a scapegoat set of fans, hes won us over and thats fair play to him

I'd sooner have JLT and RND as a combination down the left if RND can get back to full fitness. Pair of nasty buggers who you'd encounter at your peril. Lowe's a bit of a wet lettuce IMO.
I quite like Lowe going forward. I'm definitely not in the camp of thinking he's useless like some do on here. Good squad player IMO but shouldn't be starting in the prem.

Back
Top Bottom