Incoming? Jack Hendry

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We need another big lad at the back who's first instinct is to head and kick the ball away. If he's an out and out stopper then that's good enough for me as I'm sick of seeing us give away daft and soft goals this season.

We can work on his ball skills and bringing the ball out of defense skills on the training pitch but first and foremost i want to see us signing a big lad who just loves to defend. Anything more than than that is a bonus next season.

I've always thought he was a lot better than Celtic fans make out. Strong and decent in the ball too, any mistakes you could put down inexperience. Was very good for Dundee in the Scottish Prem and standing out in a relegation fight as a defender is no mean feat. He seems to have done pretty well out on loan too.

I think he is a decent young player who moved to Celtic at the wrong time.

could be that hendry and sanderson are our 2 centre back targets then

Yeh, obviously depending on transfers etc. but it could be a first choice of:
O'Connell - Egan - Basham
and a backup of:
Robinson/Bryan - Hendry - Sanderson

and a backup of:
Pair that with proper creative midfield signings and would be lavvly jabbly. ⚔️

As long as it's not

I'm struggling to see why either would come as a back-up
I think backing up Basham is the easier sell as in the long term he’s unlikely to be here. You could pitch it as a take 6 months get your feet under the table then push had in training and the cup and see if you can dislodge him he’s unlikely to still be starting in 2 years time. Backing up Egan is a harder sell because unless you’re extremely good in training or he picks up an injury you’re unlikely to dislodge him.

and a backup of:
I can’t see us spending that kind of money on back up CBs

I think backing up Basham is the easier sell as in the long term he’s unlikely to be here. You could pitch it as a take 6 months get your feet under the table then push had in training and the cup and see if you can dislodge him he’s unlikely to still be starting in 2 years time. Backing up Egan is a harder sell because unless you’re extremely good in training or he picks up an injury you’re unlikely to dislodge him.
That's the difficulty with CBs. You're literally not going to play, outside of cup games, unless there's an injury.

I don't know why Sanderson would come on loan in that situation or leave Wolves permanently.

Hendry is much more likely but it's strange he's not been anywhere near Celtic's first team for two years.

Looks like Hendry is starting for Scotland tonight. Probably miss out on him to a PL club.

Is he a very serious contender to sign for us? Especially if Egan attracts interest?

Bumping this. More news today circulating that we're looking to bring him in.

Funny enough Oostende only just signed him permanently from Celtic for 2 mill (Oostende triggered loan to buy clause), but now looking at offers around 10 mill to sell.

If any truth in it then I would assume Egan has offers or going to 4 at the back.

Made the Euros squad, West Brom and Leeds also potentially interested.

Bumping this. More news today circulating that we're looking to bring him in.

Funny enough Oostende only just signed him permanently from Celtic for 2 mill (Oostende triggered loan to buy clause), but now looking at offers around 10 mill to sell.

If any truth in it then I would assume Egan has offers or going to 4 at the back.

Made the Euros squad, West Brom and Leeds also potentially interested.

He scored a good goal in our 2-2 friendly against the Netherlands the other night. Was bombing about all over the place from centre back. Really decent performance overall.

Was slightly at fault for the free kick that gave the Dutch their late equaliser mind you, but it was a pretty soft decision.

I would be shocked if we spent 10 million on any player. Even if we sold JoC and Egan. That's Jordan Rhodes laughing territory for a Championship club in the middle of an economic crisis.

I would be shocked if we spent 10 million on any player. Even if we sold JoC and Egan. That's Jordan Rhodes laughing territory for a Championship club in the middle of an economic crisis.
Depends how the deal was structured I could see us agreeing a couple for whom that could be the fee including add ons based on achieving promotion. But I do agree I don’t think we’ll pay anything like that as a lump sum fee.

We need another big lad at the back who's first instinct is to head and kick the ball away. If he's an out and out stopper then that's good enough for me as I'm sick of seeing us give away daft and soft goals this season.

We can work on his ball skills and bringing the ball out of defense skills on the training pitch but first and foremost i want to see us signing a big lad who just loves to defend. Anything more than than that is a bonus next season.
GERRIT AHT YOONITED

Depends how the deal was structured I could see us agreeing a couple for whom that could be the fee including add ons based on achieving promotion. But I do agree I don’t think we’ll pay anything like that as a lump sum fee.
Yeah seems a bit of a stretch for an £8M price hike based on one decent season in the Jupiler. At £4M with add ons it might get my Blessin.

Yeah seems a bit of a stretch for an £8M price hike based on one decent season in the Jupiler. At £4M with add ons it might get my Blessin.
Yeah listening to the Hemmingham interview today apparently we’re looking to identify undervalued players with high resale value so to fee would definitely have to come down from the reported asking price.

Back
Top Bottom