Ivo Grbic's Magic

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

He had to take the ball For the first goal, impose himself
Second one he left a massive gap to his right

Every time the commentators mention his full name I keep thinking he's going to write a classic in his attic.

Is he ruled out of Saturday too? 5 days for concussion if I remember correctly?
For a player to be deemed fit to return to play, the League will first impose these five steps, each one taking a minimum of one day:
1) No activity, 2) Light aerobic exercise, 3) Sports specific exercise, 4) Non-contact sports drills, 5) Full contact practice , 6) Return to play.
The assessment of the player will be ongoing throughout the above steps with a minimum recovery period of six days imposed from the time of the injury.

Verrips got a 'concussion' on one of his very few appearances as well didn't he...

He looks like a downgrade on wes, who was making mistakes but also making some excellent saves.

Gribic seems way off it and all over the place, he doesn’t come for crosses despite his height and every decent shot so far has gone in with him him being nowhere near it.

He will cost us a lot of points, Wilder will have noticed this too but my guess is he will be too stubborn to drop him

Son who is a goalkeeping coach, says for the second goal Gribic (sp) was out of position, to near the left hand post to deal with a cross if one had come in, and to slow to move to his right when the ball was passed across. He has sent me two photos, one is from behind the goal at the other end, and the space Eze had to shoot at is unbelievable.

I’m happy to be shot down by this after but from what i’ve seen from him so far he’s poor. Would be my 3rd choice keeper. Wes is far more athletic, positionally aware, intelligent and commanding.

He plays like he’s stoned and our scouts must be on spice with some of these signings.

I had a go at someone on here for slating him after the Brighton game. I thought it was unfair but his performance last night was that bad it was almost Baxteresk and needed pulling at half time like Baxter.

We don’t stand a chance with him in goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so out of his depth.

Did anyone see the moment when he rolled the ball out short bit didn’t make it to the player he was rolling it 5 yards to but luckily a player was running on to it saving his blushes?

It’s early obviously and I hope I’m proved to be wrong but he looks way out of his depth. So far he looks nothing like a goalkeeper. He really is that bad

I’m happy to be shot down by this after but from what i’ve seen from him so far he’s poor. Would be my 3rd choice keeper. Wes is far more athletic, positionally aware, intelligent and commanding.

He plays like he’s stoned and our scouts must be on spice with some of these signings.
Completely agree. All the hype was typical of our fans who thought cos he's a foreign name from Atletico Madrid he'd be decent. If you look into it, he's only played 30 games over the past 2 seasons combined, so he is far from ready to get thrown in at the deep end. To somebody else's point, he should have been made to earn his place.

To make things even better, Wilder has completely pissed Wes off and now we need to call him back into the team. Great for team morale.

He looks like a downgrade on wes, who was making mistakes but also making some excellent saves.

Gribic seems way off it and all over the place, he doesn’t come for crosses despite his height and every decent shot so far has gone in with him him being nowhere near it.

He will cost us a lot of points, Wilder will have noticed this too but my guess is he will be too stubborn to drop him
I fear your last sentence prophecy will prove to be correct. Wilder will dig his heels in wanting to prove he was right about this keeper despite what appears to be obvious right before our eyes. Effectively giving Grbić a pre season on the job in arguably the most critical part of the season. This could prove to be a fatal error of judgement which in my opinion could sink us quicker, and more embarrassingly than is currently happening. It looks as though Wilder has made it personal about Wes and in consequence seems prepared to throw the whole club under the bus in order to make his point. This has the smell of the CW that I had concerns about when hearing he was returning to the club - hope I’m wrong.

Playing Foderingham or Grbic isn't the difference between staying up or not. That ship has long since sailed. It makes sense to play the guy who will actually be here next season, I guess. We know Wes isn't really good enough long-term. At least with Grbic the jury is still out.

I think it is far too early to make knee jerk reactions, & throwing him straight in the Premier League games without being properly integrated into the squad & training for a few weeks looks unwise given his lack of games in the last couple of years or so. Two things that I have noticed ( I was a 'keeper), are 1, he is flat footed & doesn't get on his toes or move his feet, & 2, he carries his hands far too low & doesn't fully extend his arms when diving.

I really hope it is just a rocky start for him, we will not go down because of poor performances from him, as I think we are already down, but if he continues in this way I fear for next season.

For a player to be deemed fit to return to play, the League will first impose these five steps, each one taking a minimum of one day:
1) No activity, 2) Light aerobic exercise, 3) Sports specific exercise, 4) Non-contact sports drills, 5) Full contact practice , 6) Return to play.
The assessment of the player will be ongoing throughout the above steps with a minimum recovery period of six days imposed from the time of the injury.
..but only if he was concussed in the first place.

Playing Foderingham or Grbic isn't the difference between staying up or not. That ship has long since sailed. It makes sense to play the guy who will actually be here next season, I guess. We know Wes isn't really good enough long-term. At least with Grbic the jury is still out.
Really…I think any poll now would render unanimous decision. I do think he may have been concussed - after Saturday…..Recent ‘permanent’ recruitment has been awful….

He didn't look too confident and I really hope he gets his things sorted soon as possible as he seems to be Wilder's pick for #1 keeper..

I also hope he ain't Brewster #2, who looks world class on paper, but not in field.. Not writing him off by two games as we have bigger problems than one indivitual, but I'd love to see him do well!

I always give a player 10 games before I pass judgement,........

The last time I was right was Tony Currie........:rolleyes:

I had a go at someone on here for slating him after the Brighton game. I thought it was unfair but his performance last night was that bad it was almost Baxteresk and needed pulling at half time like Baxter.

We don’t stand a chance with him in goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen someone so out of his depth.

Did anyone see the moment when he rolled the ball out short bit didn’t make it to the player he was rolling it 5 yards to but luckily a player was running on to it saving his blushes?

It’s early obviously and I hope I’m proved to be wrong but he looks way out of his depth. So far he looks nothing like a goalkeeper. He really is that bad
Gives rise to the questions - Who assessed him as right for us.? On what evidence?

Back
Top Bottom