It's the draws that kill you

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

BladesOnToast

Maximum.
Reaction score
... or lack of them. Very surprised to realise that we (14pts) have only won 1 less game than West Brom (24pts) and Fulham (27pts). The latter have drawn 10 more games than us. (Yes I know they're both going down too but not in a historically piss-poor fashion like us). Probably like most Blades I haven't bothered looking at the table for weeks so I would have guessed that we'd won by far the fewest games in the division but that's not the case. One tends to think of our disastrous failure of a season in terms of not winning, rather than not drawing. You hear a lot "they've forgotten how to win". Is it more a case that we've forgotten how to draw?

It’s the Nils that killed us.
a7d5c01f321542448be0d973db791bfb-474x711.jpg

The bastard! Looks like butter wouldn't melt in his mouth n'all...

... or lack of them. Very surprised to realise that we (14pts) have only won 1 less game than West Brom (24pts) and Fulham (27pts). The latter have drawn 10 more games than us. (Yes I know they're both going down too but not in a historically piss-poor fashion like us). Probably like most Blades I haven't bothered looking at the table for weeks so I would have guessed that we'd won by far the fewest games in the division but that's not the case. One tends to think of our disastrous failure of a season in terms of not winning, rather than not drawing. You hear a lot "they've forgotten how to win". Is it more a case that we've forgotten how to draw?
“Fine margins.” Which, as we all know, is bollocks.

Back
Top Bottom