It’s over - Acording to Hecky

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Got to agree, think relying on the minutes from injury prone and inexperienced players up top will send us down
So the solution is a last minute panic buy/loan of someone who none of the other top flight teams, here or in Europe, deem necessary to their own success this season? Not quite sure about the logic there.

Not saying I’m averse to someone coming in up too necessarily, but at this stage of the window it’s going to be a huge gamble and when money’s as tight as it apparently is with us why would we not just go with what we’ve got? Archer, McBurnie, Traore, Osula, and then we’ve got Jebbo and Brewster if they come back from illness/injury and Marsh if he doesn’t go out on loan. I know that Jebbo, Osula and Marsh are raw, but do you honestly think we’re going to get someone in who's better this late on in the window?

So the solution is a last minute panic buy/loan of someone who none of the other top flight teams, here or in Europe, deem necessary to their own success this season? Not quite sure about the logic there.

Not saying I’m averse to someone coming in up too necessarily, but at this stage of the window it’s going to be a huge gamble and when money’s as tight as it apparently is with us why would we not just go with what we’ve got? Archer, McBurnie, Traore, Osula, and then we’ve got Jebbo and Brewster if they come back from illness/injury and Marsh if he doesn’t go out on loan. I know that Jebbo, Osula and Marsh are raw, but do you honestly think we’re going to get someone in who's better this late on in the window?
The counter argument to that is that Hecky mentioned more than one player in terms of plural; I can't remember the exact wording but it was clearly just more than McAtee *potentially coming and therefore you'd assume that any deals wern't as such last minute but rather it was not achievable to sign who we'd wanted, deals lined up I think he said. Why it's not achievable I don't know.

still think hecky wanted 1 more to come in either attacking midfielder or striker but as another poster has suggested us having to pay all of mcatees salary probably scuppered that plan

So long as we're not adrift in January there's always the chance to bring another striker in then, as well as improve squad depth in other areas. I think we have plenty enough on board now to give it a good go until then.

So long as we're not adrift in January there's always the chance to bring another striker in then, as well as improve squad depth in other areas. I think we have plenty enough on board now to give it a good go until then.
We’re adrift now ffs

it will be a miracle to stay up with the squad we have got, but If we can keep everyone next season in the championship, we should come back up
Difficult, but not a miracle. That squad can compete and could be added to in the JTW.

We are going to need Osula and Bennie this season, coming off bench

Might be too early for both but little other choice

I was hoping 7 hag would have let us get the Uruguayan 🇺🇾 lad on loan now maybe in January. But this transfer window could have been a lot worse.

I do admire your optimism but we are a couple of injuries away from disaster
We might get hit by an asteroid !
We can only go on what there is now and it’s fine. In a couple of months we may have players back from injury.

Really ? We are out of the bottom three and not far off a European slot.
That reminds me of an interview I heard on talksport with the owner, chairman and manager of Dorking (same man) who have progressed up the ladder to the national league. They lost their first 2 games and when asked how it was going he said " great we are only 6 points of the top position"

We might get hit by an asteroid !
We can only go on what there is now and it’s fine. In a couple of months we may have players back from injury.
If you say its fine it must be ok then. I would personally like a few more and so would Hecky by the sounds of it. especially when certain areas are so thin. I'm not saying we will and really hope we don't get injuries but we are so thin in terms of bodies and quality at CB and CAM that if we get an injury there, which is not beyond the realms of possibility, we are in trouble. I think there is a little less chance of getting hit by an asteroid 🤣

So we’ve essentially got 3 strikers, one of which has a pretty poor injury record.

Anyone trying to put Osula, Jebbison or Brewster forward as reliably capable options for the premier league needs their fuckin lumps feeling.

Apparently we are paying 100% of Macca's wages while he's on loan so maybe that prevented one final signing.
I wonder if this was the reason for the last minute delay, Man City moved the goalposts? Hence Hecky had to compromise on the extra striker.

DS still rolling out the propaganda I see

Back
Top Bottom