It’s almost here

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If everyone was fit, including Doyle, six of your lineup would start. Next week, five of them will. Wes, Egan, Norwood, Berge, Ndiaye.) I don’t know what you’ve seen on this pre season, but it isn’t what I’ve seen.
Bogle must be a starter, if everyone was fit?

well I aint seen Doyle, which is why I have Couliby in my midfield. He has improved with each game he's taken part in, IMO. Obviously I did state 'If everyone was fit'
Haven't been impressed at all by Clark, so would go with Robinson despite his propensity for the occasional fuck-up. Ahmedozic has done OK, and it's a tight call between him and Bash, so my choice is probably a sentimental one there.
Be interested to see your preferred line-up, pal.
Wes
Anel Egan Clark
Bogle Norwood Doyle Lowe
Berge Ndiaye
Brewster
And I think that will be the actual lineup except with Baldock and ether Osborn or Arblaster in place of the two injured players (Bogle and Doyle)

Pre seasons done, the squads taking shape. What are we all thinking our strongest 11 is once the injured return (I’ve not included JOC for obvious reasons).

Hoping Khadra forces his way in but I’ve not seen enough of him to judge.

View attachment 140006

That's a pretty strong 11!
I just hope we don't go negative with a flat 3 in midfield. Although we lack a real CAM. Hopefully that will be resolved this week.

Bogle being available is transformative, so much rests on him getting and staying fit. If he's there then creativity won't be an issue

Based on bits I’ve seen, and who’s available:
Wes
Basham Egan Clark
Baldock Norwood Osborn Lowe
Berge N’Diaye
Jebbison

Subs: Amissah, Anel, RND, Stevens, Arblaster, Fleck, Couilbaly, Osula, Brewster;

Anel needs a bit more time to adjust to the system etc but looks a real talent. Jebbison been running his socks off, just think the Watford game would more suited to him than Brewster. Osborn arguably been best player this pre-season. Fleck been poor. Billy would be in the squad but not sure if he’ll be available

What were hoping for:

Attachments

• IMG_20220724_164745.jpg
    IMG_20220724_164745.jpg
    374.4 KB · Views: 59
well I aint seen Doyle, which is why I have Couliby in my midfield. He has improved with each game he's taken part in, IMO. Obviously I did state 'If everyone was fit'
Haven't been impressed at all by Clark, so would go with Robinson despite his propensity for the occasional fuck-up. Ahmedozic has done OK, and it's a tight call between him and Bash, so my choice is probably a sentimental one there.
Be interested to see your preferred line-up, pal.
AA looked the part yesterday, albeit against weak opposition. Looks to have a bit of a ’ keen’ edge to him judging by his robust challenge on their guy. He’s a big imposing unit as well. Great competition with Bash. Clark was ok yesterday. Lowe looks a bit our of condition and beefy to me, not the sharpest either ( speed wise). Robinson a shoe in for me.

N'Diaye should be one of two behind a striker, not the striker himself.

N'Diaye and Khadra could be lovely. Or N'Diaye and Berge. With Brewster up top.

Does Jebbo deserve a look in, given his form? In which case, given who is currently fit, N'Diaye behind Brewster and Jebbo?

Pre seasons done, the squads taking shape. What are we all thinking our strongest 11 is once the injured return (I’ve not included JOC for obvious reasons).

Hoping Khadra forces his way in but I’ve not seen enough of him to judge.

View attachment 140006
That looks ok mate . Who would you have on the bench? Osborn has to be there he can play in most positions also Sharpe in case we need a goal and maybe some youngsters to.

That looks ok mate . Who would you have on the bench? Osborn has to be there he can play in most positions also Sharpe in case we need a goal and maybe some youngsters to.
Bench of 9 this season so much more flexibility in game with change of formation etc. Billy’s going to be pushing for a start but it’s more gut feeling than anything that this could be Brewsters season.

Probable Davies, Bash, RND, Baldock, Coulibaly, Osborn, Khadra, Billy, Jebbo.

It’s nearly impossible to call, there’s no Fleck or JLT at that but I’m not sure who they get in front of. Osborn is so flexible LWB, CM, AM so gets on the bench when fit for me.

First game of the season, I’d go with;

——————Wes——————
——Anel——-Egan——-Clark——
Baldock——————————RND
———Norwood—-Coulibaly———
——-Berge—————Ndiaye———
——————Brewster—————-

Bench (assuming injuries remain the same)
  • Amissah
  • Basham
  • JLT
  • Lowe
  • Osborn
  • Arblaster
  • Fleck
  • Khadra???
  • Jebbo
I’ve not been particularly impressed by Lowe yet, he was pretty poor yesterday, so would stick with RND. Gives us a full international back line too; when did that last happen?

First game of the season, I’d go with;

——————Wes——————
——Anel——-Egan——-Clark——
Baldock——————————RND
———Norwood—-Coulibaly———
——-Berge—————Ndiaye———
——————Brewster—————-

Bench (assuming injuries remain the same)
  • Amissah
  • Basham
  • JLT
  • Lowe
  • Osborn
  • Arblaster
  • Fleck
  • Khadra???
  • Jebbo
I’ve not been particularly impressed by Lowe yet, he was pretty poor yesterday, so would stick with RND. Gives us a full international back line too; when did that last happen?
I really rate RND, but as a rule: RND and Baldock if you want defensive solidarity with energy, Bogle and Lowe if you want to attack more.

The main weakness for me so far, is who plays alongside Norwood. Fleck not up to pace, Arblaster very young, Coulibaly is raw, Ozzy not good enough dictsting possession, Doyle not fit, placing Berge there takes him away from his emerging strengths further up. Real worry for me. Good sides like Watford could turn us over there.

I really rate RND, but as a rule: RND and Baldock if you want defensive solidarity with energy, Bogle and Lowe if you want to attack more.

The main weakness for me so far, is who plays alongside Norwood. Fleck not up to pace, Arblaster very young, Coulibaly is raw, Ozzy not good enough dictsting possession, Doyle not fit, placing Berge there takes him away from his emerging strengths further up. Real worry for me. Good sides like Watford could turn us over there.
Agreed and was another reason for picking RND in this game.

Coulibaly edges the midfield race for me as he can do a bit of both and has been getting better with each game in pre season, so deserves the chance. Playing Berge or Fleck alongside Norwood would make us even more pedestrian in the middle. Doyle seems the obvious choice, but unfit. Arblaster could turn out to be the wildcard, but unfair to throw him straight in. Osborn always looks like his body is ten steps ahead of his brain.

Back
Top Bottom