Is this a wind up?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

As before, you can but try.
We might be presently lost, but there is always a way back.
The ever optimist that I am thinks Adkins will start the long road, I just hope he gets the time.

As for the past.....P 10, W8, D2, L0 - top of the league, off to Man U to see Georgie score one of the best goals ever...........happy days.

UTB

Me and my dad leaving my grans, meeting up with my cousins, and going to the Lane to watch Tracey, Hill, Rostron, Morris, Barnes, Wood, Wilder, Booker, Bryson, Agana, and Deane. I'd give a hell of a lot to feel like that again.

Me and my dad leaving my grans, meeting up with my cousins, and going to the Lane to watch Tracey, Hill, Rostron, Morris, Barnes, Wood, Wilder, Booker, Bryson, Agana, and Deane. I'd give a hell of a lot to feel like that again.
Watching a side of theoretically bang average journeymen who made the leap from ordinary to extraordinary? Who played with passion, who gave their all and more for the club, the team and especially the fans? Dream on Walthy, that's not going to happen anytime soon, more's the pity.

Watching a side of theoretically bang average journeymen who made the leap from ordinary to extraordinary? Who played with passion, who gave their all and more for the club, the team and especially the fans? Dream on Walthy, that's not going to happen anytime soon, more's the pity.

Paul Rogers coming from part time football into a First Division side that finished 8th.

At one is Roger Nilsen, at two is Roger Nilsen, at three is Roger Nilsen, at four is Roger Nilsen....etc etc

Is that Geary as our best ever left back?

2964-21.jpg
No Edwards, Fuck off.

I am springing to Don Givens' defence again. He was actually decent for us towards the end of 80-81 and should not be judged on that one missed pen (at least he had the guts to take it). He certainly doesn't deserve to be in a "worst ever" team.
I haven't 'givens' an enormous amount of thought or indeed statistical analysis to this it was just a bit of fun. I picked him for the obvious reason which is *that* penalty still sticks in the hearts, mind and guts of every blade over the age of 45. Of course, if regular penalty taker John Matthews hadn't... (cont'd p.94)

I haven't 'givens' an enormous amount of thought or indeed statistical analysis to this it was just a bit of fun. I picked him for the obvious reason which is *that* penalty still sticks in the hearts, mind and guts of every blade over the age of 45. Of course, if regular penalty taker John Matthews hadn't... (cont'd p.94)

I know :) It's just that Givens pops up quite often in "worst ever" United teams and I have a personal crusade to remedy said unfairness.

NB: Matthews wasn't the regular penalty taker. That was Tony Kenworthy, but Martin "tactical genius" Peters had dropped him for Stewart "We Have a Problem" Houston.

I liked Del Boy but surely Jay Mcev deserves that spot ?

I know :) It's just that Givens pops up quite often in "worst ever" United teams and I have a personal crusade to remedy said unfairness.

NB: Matthews wasn't the regular penalty taker. That was Tony Kenworthy, but Martin "tactical genius" Peters had dropped him for Stewart "We Have a Problem" Houston.

As a point of pedantry, the Apollo 13 astronauts said "Houston, we have a problem", not "Stewart, we have a problem".

As a point of pedantry, the Apollo 13 astronauts said "Houston, we have a problem", not "Stewart, we have a problem".

I know . He was "referred to as "Houston, we Have a Problem", but that would not have fitted in to my little joke.

The other great joke of 80-81 was to refer to certain players as "Gorra"

Trenton
Bob
Mike

You get the drift...

Beesley? That's a bit harsh. Haven't we had enough wank centre halves without picking someone who at least managed to play at the top level for us?
He might have given Gabbiadini the ball a couple of times but he's nowhere near current standards.
Again, it was a flippant and quick compilation... Beesley got in for an unforgettably bad performance against Sunderland, the low point of a series of bad performances. Almost 25 years later, he is still affectionately remembered as 'F****** Beesley' by my wife, as a result of my post match reply to 'lost again' upon returning home from the games of the period ;)

To be fair Edwards never played for us in the top division nor anyone else.
He did in 1976 but never scored. Came on as sub in the 0-0 draw against QPR. Started in the home defeats against Wolves (1-4) and Ipswich (1-2)

Beesley? That's a bit harsh. Haven't we had enough wank centre halves without picking someone who at least managed to play at the top level for us?
He might have given Gabbiadini the ball a couple of times but he's nowhere near current standards.
Again, it was a flippant and quick compilation... Beesley got in for an unforgettably bad performance against Sunderland, the low point of a series of bad performances. Almost 25 years later, he is still affectionately remembered as 'F****** Beesley' by my wife, as a result of my post match reply to 'lost again' upon returning home from the games of the period ;)
Won our player of the year for the 1992-93 season

Back
Top Bottom