Is the Copthorne still closed?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hartley Hare

Being Naughty
Reaction score
Thinking of taking in the Norwich game next Saturday and thought to book into the Copthorne, but it seems the hotel is closed?

Have I missed something - presumably ongoing shenanigans between the Prince and McCabe?

HH

Thinking of taking in the Norwich game next Saturday and thought to book into the Copthorne, but it seems the hotel is closed?

Have I missed something - presumably ongoing shenanigans between the Prince and McCabe?

HH

Screenshot_20210724_003905.jpg

HH
Went past it yesterday, there were still temporary metal fences surrounding the hotel

As far as I know the place was striped when it closed so will need a lot of work to get it back up and running.

Without being discourteous to anyone on here - getting staff and goods for the construction world is very very difficult whether it be at corporate or local level.

Just yesterday, a mate who's having a new kitchen (2 months late starting) was told the company that was to manufacture the kitchen base units had to close due to staff being pinged. So - been without a kitchen already for nearly 4 weeks and no real prospect of knowing when it will get finished.

NEFF have limited supplies of appliances - as soon as the they come in, they are out of the door.

Suppose the only good thing is.............loads of take-a-ways !

UTB

Does anyone know if the international bar will be open to us peasants or are the corporate big wigs still using it, that was the thing that really boiled my piss with the premier league season we were allowed to watch

Does anyone know if the international bar will be open to us peasants or are the corporate big wigs still using it, that was the thing that really boiled my piss with the premier league season we were allowed to watch
Don’t know but when the corporate packages went on sale last week it was not mentioned

Without being discourteous to anyone on here - getting staff and goods for the construction world is very very difficult whether it be at corporate or local level.

Just yesterday, a mate who's having a new kitchen (2 months late starting) was told the company that was to manufacture the kitchen base units had to close due to staff being pinged. So - been without a kitchen already for nearly 4 weeks and no real prospect of knowing when it will get finished.

NEFF have limited supplies of appliances - as soon as the they come in, they are out of the door.

Suppose the only good thing is.............loads of take-a-ways !

UTB
Timber, plaster, aggregates for ready mix concrete have also been in short supply recently and, as you say, there’s a shortage of labour, in the supply chain and on site. My mum’s got a garage full of timber which her and a builder bought (for her shed and another job he’s doing) as the price was rising daily. I know of a bloke who makes timber buildings who’s basically packed it in because he can’t price jobs, he does a quote and by the time they’ve got back to him, the price of timber has gone up so much he’d be doing the job for nowt.

Nope still closed to common folk they were selling international corporate season tickets so private bar I’m afraid

Nope still closed to common folk they were selling international corporate season tickets so private bar I’m afraid
In the championship? Good luck to them with that.

Timber, plaster, aggregates for ready mix concrete have also been in short supply recently and, as you say, there’s a shortage of labour, in the supply chain and on site. My mum’s got a garage full of timber which her and a builder bought (for her shed and another job he’s doing) as the price was rising daily. I know of a bloke who makes timber buildings who’s basically packed it in because he can’t price jobs, he does a quote and by the time they’ve got back to him, the price of timber has gone up so much he’d be doing the job for nowt.
On average timber has gone up 80% across the board since February 2019. Sheet materials over 100% thanks to the Americans being prepared to pay whatever it takes. Supply in the building trade is easing slightly but the prices are only going one way and don’t show any signs of stopping 🙄. I know of one builder who priced for and was about to start a double storey extension just before the first lockdown. He’s now lost that job as the materials now come in at a staggering 13k more….. which the customer can’t afford

i was just down at the lane. needed to go to ticket office. but was interested as to why 8 men in hi vis (assuming builders) having some sort of meeting outside the hotel & then 5 mins later i saw a load walk in.

is someone trying or preparing to get the hotel up & running again

i was just down at the lane. needed to go to ticket office. but was interested as to why 8 men in hi vis (assuming builders) having some sort of meeting outside the hotel & then 5 mins later i saw a load walk in.

is someone trying or preparing to get the hotel up & running again

They’ve found Dozy living in a room on the floor?

Back
Top Bottom