Is the 'buzz' back, and are we timing it perfectly?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Leobolly

Reaction score
Personally I think so - the football/performance/mood is like night & day compared to that of Slav, and you have to give Hecky/McCall/Jack and all the backroom staff huge credit for that. I personally sensed it away at Peterborough amongst the fans, and more so at Birmingham where IMO that was the best away atmosphere (soz, didn't go to Fulham which was equally/if not more impressive).
Norwood in particular is a changed man, Egan too - not ability/application........but confidence & assertiveness. Billy/Bash never in question - Bogle/IND candidates for POY & Wes........well, what can I say............I wish you had played at WBA away!, (awful experience to be there) although their wheels are well & truly off!.
Dare I say, but other than up top we look strong/solid..............just wrap Billy up in cotton wool!

YES - one game at a time though.

15 games is plenty considering how we are playing.

Hull was a frustrating and disappointing night - I hope the MANAGEMENT learn from it.

UTB

PS: if you think we can't catch Bournemouth, go and look at their April fixtures - it's isn't easy.

I'm not sure what MANAGEMENT could have done against Hull?.............unless you are referring to management on the pitch? (.....which I think we lack a bit of leadership?). I could tell their keeper was wasting time with that short goal-kick routine after 7 minutes & said the same to my lad (ala Huddersfield at home)..........unfortunately, the Ref (weak as piss!) two lino's (both qualified ref's aren't they?) & fourth official didn't share my novice opinion!. Fair play to Hull, better support than I expected......and a great point at QPR yesterday!.
Back to the action v Hull - IND misses another 'one on one', JR misses an absolute 'nod in' by professional standards and OMB cannot hit/drive a ball to save his life. Great to see Jebbo get some minutes y'day, along with Charlie Goode!

It could be argued that even though Swansea were crap, yesterday's starting line-up is our best team and we should be starting with these players whenever posiible

(Bogle excepted).
Even with the injury concerns we start to have some nice options. N'Diaye will be pushing for game time, and Hourihane and Norwood still haven't lost when played together. The key for us right now is MGW imo. If he stays fit we're a huge threat coming forward.

The league seems so poor this year - promotion is there for the taking if we can maintain our current form.

One game at a time though, keep doing what we’re doing etc.

It's the atmosphere at the lane that's been a bit disappointing, however I sensed it was better yesterday and I think it'll be better again on Wednesday night, we are looking forward to going again and starting to believe again, the fans could make a huge difference at home with the backing, if we could recreate the atmosphere we had under wilder for the first four years it will very intimidating, bring it on.

I’m not 100% sure yet. The atmosphere is still a bit flat, we’re quite a quiet/ nervous bunch at the moment after having our confidence dented over the last two years. I’d say the buzz is on its way back but not yet

I’m not 100% sure yet. The atmosphere is still a bit flat, we’re quite a quiet/ nervous bunch at the moment after having our confidence dented over the last two years. I’d say the buzz is on its way back but not yet
I see it the same. If keep winning games, especially in a dominant fashion, then it won't be long before the team get that "COME OOOOON" roar from the kop after the game. I feel the players are waiting for that moment.

Under slav you could tell the players weren't happy, whether that was down to instructions or training I don't know, but under hecky the team spirit seems to be back, and something I've noticed recently is that when the players do pre and after match interviews they refer to hecky as hecky, not the gaffer or the boss, and that gives me the impression that, although they have different roles they're all in it together, I may be wrong

It was only a few days ago that “if we don’t beat teams like hull we’re going nowhere” and Berge and Baldock were crap !
A few days is a long time in politics and a lifetime in football.

YES - one game at a time though.

15 games is plenty considering how we are playing.

Hull was a frustrating and disappointing night - I hope the MANAGEMENT learn from it.

UTB

PS: if you think we can't catch Bournemouth, go and look at their April fixtures - it's isn't easy.
I don’t think we will, but we absolutely can.

It could be argued that even though Swansea were crap, yesterday's starting line-up is our best team and we should be starting with these players whenever posiible

(Bogle excepted).
This

Although Baldock, when in the zone and not trying to be hard reckless man, could rival Bogle (nice problem to have) and to have IN & CH to come on , start occasionally - is also a real bonus .

Lets see what happens but we've got our mojo flowing and there's momentum and a real desire to win.

Well done Hecky +

This

Although Baldock, when in the zone and not trying to be hard reckless man, could rival Bogle (nice problem to have) and to have IN & CH to come on , start occasionally - is also a real bonus .

Lets see what happens but we've got our mojo flowing and there's momentum and a real desire to win.

Well done Hecky +
Bogle is so much better for me. Wonder goal aside Baldock has been poor for a while & his crossing/ finishing is really bad. vs Hull he was awful. However, he’s extremely athletic & a good back up to Bogle I just don’t think he’ll settle as a back up.

If there was any time to buck the trend and win a play off final its this year.

(Bogle excepted).

Unfortunately I don't think "best XI" is something we can stick to for the rest of the season. The games are coming thick and fast so I think there'll be a lot of chopping and changing rather than a settled line-up.

On the plus side, we seem to have good options in a lot of positions, except up top.

Bogle is so much better for me. Wonder goal aside Baldock has been poor for a while & his crossing/ finishing is really bad. vs Hull he was awful. However, he’s extremely athletic & a good back up to Bogle I just don’t think he’ll settle as a back up.
He may not

But he will this season - lets get to where we end up first

His finish wasn't bad though on Sat was it

Back
Top Bottom