is blackwell the man to spend the "funds"

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
McCabe was quote as saying kevin blackwell will have substantial funds to spend in january question is does blackwell know how? and how much is substantial? if killa and cotterill go in january that will probably be 3.5m is that all he will get or are we looking at a proper kitty like 7-8m. I think it needs that much personally as long as its spent wisely.

Well lrt's think. We have agreed a fee for Cresswell ans I assume we will go for Treacy. Unless Bunn picks up soon don't expect him to transfer. But Killa and Cotts are likely to be replaced (money in and out - e.g., Woods and one of Tonge/Halmosi/McSheffrey). So with nothing else we already have a substanttial investment going on. I expect that will be the limit. Can't see us chasing a goalkeeper until summer.

I'm on my knees praying to god that either McCbae sacks KB or he walks before January. I dread to think of the irreversable damage that Blackwell could do if he was given money by McCabe.

McCabe, you made the mistake of giving a pillock a big fat cheque book before, please don't do it again!!??

So the short answer is NO.

Got to agree with Ollessendro,

If we do decide to keep Blackwell on we should simply be saying that he has no money available to him.
Keep a mid-table finish before sacking him in the Summer.

I personally can't see McCabe making any new money available - Yes if he sells Killa and Cotterill McCabe will give him some of the fees he receives but true to form McCabe always talks about investment yet generally never spends more than he gets in!
He uses speculation as bluffs eg Lita, Tommy Smith and McIndoe never materialised and neither did the cash we were 'going to spend' on those players. Any spending last summer depended on selling the two Kyles!
But to answer your question I personally wouldn't trust Blackwell with the proceeds from my spare coppers and 5p jar!

Great! Give him the cash and let him build a proper squad A lot of the criticism has come because
- The Squad is too small
- We have too many loan players in meaning that when we need a loan player to cover an injured/Suspended player that we can get one in on a shorter loan.

If things don't go well then he can and will be criticised - but seeing as though he gets criticised for his "hugging" then its not going to worry him.

Plus it gives the Blackwell haters a get out clause of "well he only did it because he had money".

Everyone wins!

Great! Give him the cash and let him build a proper squad A lot of the criticism has come because
- The Squad is too small
- We have too many loan players in meaning that when we need a loan player to cover an injured/Suspended player that we can get one in on a shorter loan.

If things don't go well then he can and will be criticised - but seeing as though he gets criticised for his "hugging" then its not going to worry him.

Plus it gives the Blackwell haters a get out clause of "well he only did it because he had money".

Everyone wins!

Swiss, I can't believe that you and your happy band can see no wrong in the man, and you firmly believe that he will turn the club around.
As for being a Blackwell hater, I honestly don't hate the man, I just think he isn't a very good manager and is incapable of arresting our downward slide

I'm with Fiery on this one.

Personally I don't hate Blackwell either. I have said before and I'll say again: I was happy he took over when he did. Afterwards he deserved a chance and then he blew it. I think even you in your heart of hearts realise that Blackwell has taken us as far as he can. Deep down you know he is not the man to take us to the premiership. If not then I honestly think you are deluded.

For the reasons above Blackwell should not be given the money. I ask every Blade to ask themselves the question 'will KB take us to the premiership and keep us there?'. Think carefully and (Swiss) be truthful to yourself and if the answer is no, then he should not be given the money. In fatc he should be on his bike.

No Way, he'll blow it all on one player and then tell us he's a development player, and will only be played sparingly. :eek:

Swissblade, the lack of non loan players and the massive Injury list doesnt contribute to the shite tacticts Mr Blackwell employs, it merely gives him excuses for his shortcomings, fortunately most Blades are seeing through.

Dont get me wrong I will support the red n white shirt and those that play in it (Except Creswell where I will neither boo nor cheer) but I will certainly not support Blackwell. :thumbdown:

- The Squad is too small

Everyone wins!

You are not on form today Swiss. I'd have a rest if I were you.

You seem to suggest that Blackwell has had no money to spend to date in his spell as manager, when compared with most CCC clubs he has had riches beyond their wildest dreams. Things are not going well at all.

Back
Top Bottom