Is anyone else concerned

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

No one is asking the club to spend silly money just the going rate for playing in the best league in the world where the club takes in 150 million season
Yes I know we're making lots of money as a club but I'll bet they'll say we still losing money, but yes the players have done great and do deserve rewards look at Bolton, Pompey Leeds Pigs all paid daft money all nearly folded.

Yes I know we're making lots of money as a club but I'll bet they'll say we still losing money, but yes the players have done great and do deserve rewards look at Bolton, Pompey Leeds Pigs all paid daft money all nearly folded.
But no one is asking for silly money otherwise they would have left the club by now

But no one is asking for silly money otherwise they would have left the club by now
Well I have no idea of what being asked for mate but if I was told I'd forget 10 minutes later, the old grey cells ain't what they were.

The Prince is worth about 200 million if you think he's going to use is own money he won't

Manchester United are still paying Alexis Sanchez 300,000 per week. To play for inter Milan.

So really there are probably players on as much as our squad combined. Or 10,15,20 times what our lads started this season on.

which makes the fact we’re 7th, competing in every game with the big boys except maybe Liverpool away absolutely staggering.

best football I’ve ever witnessed as a blade, by a mile.

Well said. You don't have to look far to see that most teams have a 'business model' that's almost guaranteed to bring a future shitstorm (or - in Arsenal & Evertons cases - average, mid-table nothingness).

Villa must be aware that Dean Smith is out of his depth but would rather waste money on utter donkeys like Mings (probably on more p/w than any Blades player) then plan for the future.

Three teams will go down but if they've blown all their cash, they'll end up like Stoke or Sunderland.

Steady, measured progression is United's and Wilder's motto. CW has experience of financial difficulties in previous jobs so won't be putting our future in jeopardy.

Was told from someone in the know that the players were told in pre-season that the club would only be honouring current contracts ( inc promotion bonuses etc ) this season . If we stayed up they would then revue the contracts in the summer . Yes the new players coming in will be on more but there will be parity etc on the proviso we stay up .

I would have thought the wage bill will be related to the club's total turnover as a business. We are the new boys on the Premier League scene and it will take time to cultivate the right sponsors and develop the commercial markets in this country and world wide.
Paying too high wages by spending money we have not secured yet would not make good business sense and will only put us into unsustainable debt that could lead to bankruptcy?

Normally Wilder uses the wage structure to test a player character and motivation.
The number of times he says “player X had offers to join other clubs offering more money but he’s likes what we’re offering and our ambitions“

His approach seems to be.

You’re currently on £10K a week...join us and you’ll be on £20K a week.
Appreciate you can get £30K a week at Everton but we’ve studied your game and have big plans for you.
We genuinely feel that your game will improve massively which could get you international football.
Also we are an ambitious club that wants European Football and all salaries will increase in line with results.

Wilder doesn’t like mercenary type players....so if they reject a fair offer...then they’ve failed the test and can leave.

Mercenary players are the big managerial test for Wilder because you don’t tend to experience them in the lower divisions.
Whereas at PL level the main motivation for many seems to be all about “money”....

maybe Wilder will need to change his thinking.

fair post. On your original figures, bear in mind Wendy and many others in the Champ have players on £30k to £40k per week.

We’ll need to break our wage structure ultimately to pay the “going rate”.

Where then do people think that the money to buy players and pay ‘Top 6’ wages is going to come from?

We won't be paying top 6 wages we don't even pay bottom 6 wages

As for money for players maybe we will have to sell in the Sumner for Chris to spend

We won't be paying top 6 wages we don't even pay bottom 6 wages

As for money for players maybe we will have to sell in the Sumner for Chris to spend

I agree totally. I think that some of our fans seem to think that we are in a position to do so. I just wanted them to clarify how they thought we were going to do that.

At the end of the day, unless whoever does the payroll or is on the board, is a member on here, no one will know the individual deals for each player on here, regardless that they will be a bit more complicated than £x per week, so anything is pure speculation, including media bullshit.

I understand McCabe and the Prince clamped down on leaks with a director and staff member being fucked off for shooting their mouths off. It’s unlikely to happen again.

People like to bullshit, we’ve had “Prince hasn’t put money in” “McCabe has stripped the cash out” etc etc, all under the l’ve been told banner.

£10m/year for 5 years should see the club still being able to invest in players

£50m in year 1 would be a fkin disaster in terms of investment in the squad and suspect CW would be well pissed off

McCabe won't let us pay over 5 years if he agrees to that will stick 10mill more on price for the Interest

At the end of the day, unless whoever does the payroll or is on the board, is a member on here, no one will know the individual deals for each player on here, regardless that they will be a bit more complicated than £x per week, so anything is pure speculation, including media bullshit.

I understand McCabe and the Prince clamped down on leaks with a director and staff member being fucked off for shooting their mouths off. It’s unlikely to happen again.

People like to bullshit, we’ve had “Prince hasn’t put money in” “McCabe has stripped the cash out” etc etc, all under the l’ve been told banner.

Thing is Sean the window shuts in 11days I'm happy to be quoted then

We won't know what players we're are on till it's to late and they have left for what they think they are due

According to Niceguyeddie all will be sorted just after this window shuts then the Prince can find out how much money we will have to find to pay him off

£10m/year for 5 years should see the club still being able to invest in players

£50m in year 1 would be a fkin disaster in terms of investment in the squad and suspect CW would be well pissed off

That was a matter for the court case, not the manager. CW has to accept the cards dealt to HRH in the final judgement.

Why should McCabe take instalments. It’s HRH’s job to finance all requirements when he owns it lock stock and barrel. He, more than anyone will know that and probably understands the money tree isn’t real either.

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
We'd be out of business by the end of February. We pay our players what we can afford to. We'll probably lose some over the next 5 years if we stick around in this league. We aren't even top 15 in terms of revenue

People need to remember that Wilder has taken league one players and turned them into premier league players. Without CW/AK they’ll just revert to being league one players. Duffy should be a warning to any players getting too greedy.

People need to remember that Wilder has taken league one players and turned them into premier league players. Without CW/AK they’ll just revert to being league one players. Duffy should be a warning to any players getting too greedy.

So your saying if jack leaves he reverts back to being a league 1 player because wilder isn't is manager

By the clubs seemingly rigid wage structure? I fully appreciate the "no Billy big balls" view, but we are sitting 7th in the prem. If teams in 1st to 6th are paying their players twice as much then as much as it pains me to say it then our lads deserve the same. I'm worried that we will end up losing some of our key players eventually.
Seems to be a lot of assumption in this statement.

This says Ricky Holmes is on 30k a week....
The same site has Palace 25 man squad on about £75m a season which sounds more like it. We'll not be paying that but we are a better team it seems. Curious

So your saying if jack leaves he reverts back to being a league 1 player because wilder isn't is manager
Thats whats happened to a certain player ,and you seem to take a lot of your ITK info from his Dad in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom