Irish signed in

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Look at the pic, we've only bloody signed Merlin! Expect some magic moments at the lane. Boom! Boom!

I hope this favour turns out better than the last time Givens stepped up to help us out.

It'd be nice if we had the same joy that Reading had with their Irish scouting, but I would have thought the place had been turned upside down by every other club after they'd had success with Doyle and the rest.

Fingers crossed.

Who? Wasn't the second one in The Great Escape? :D

Signed together from Ireland (Linfield I think) in the late Seventies.

Dornan looked a really good player in his ONE game but fucked off "home sick" straight after, never to return.
McKee was absolute shite and played half a dozen games.
Bit part players in our decline from Div1 to Div4 at breakneck speed.
PS. Wasn't it Shuey MacPhee from Crossroads in the Great Escape?

Dornan went back to Linfield and played part time for them for years afterwards. He had a law degree (from Queen's University, I think) and he also practiced as a solicitor over there, still does for all I know. The Star described him as a "New George best" when Sirrel signed him.

Paul Williams was another terrible Irishman, who remains the worst player I've ever seen turn out for us, although I missed Baxter's match.

Edit: Lo and behold, Dornan is still going: peterdornansolicitors.com

Peter Dornan played in an away game at Oldham and as you say had a good game then went back, was,nt he a solicotor or something? I remember McKee too as he came with rave reports from a Northern Irish mate of mine but flopped. Wasn't speedy (John) McGeedy around that time too, fastest winger I've ever seen - until he broke his leg and that was the last we heard of him.

Speedy McGeady was also late 70's: his son Aidan is a similar player but has had a much better career than him, although it has gone off the rails somewhat.

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 PM ----------

Cheers Rev, I'd managed to erase Williams from my mind after many years of trauma.

I know what you mean - when his name came to mind my next thought was his feeble miss in the Bristol City playoff game...

Young players on short contracts, hopefully with the option to extend them, presumably low wages. Low risk and hopefully they'll come good, maybe we'll see more signings like this in this window.

Have you any pictures of them standing near (or next to) Ryan Shawcross Bergs? Clothed or unclothed would do.

Sadly not, but I don't think it'll matter that Seamus is not as tall as Shawcross.
327258.jpg

Naa naa naa Steven Mckee.
What have Trevor Hockey ,Tom McAllister and John McGeady got in common ?

Low risk signings IMO. Will be on relativley low wages & if they turn out to be a success i assume we will extend their contracts.

McAllister is rated extremely highly, I will posted a video found off youtube. Conneely was/is an Irish U21 international and Galway Utd were dissapointed to see him go.

McAllister Goal, there about 5-6 videos of his goals on Youtube:
[video=youtube;a95ess9raoo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a95ess9raoo[/video]

Seems a good player from the ones ive seen.

hat would be the time when the nominated penalty taker chickened out and no one else would step up to the plate then.

It would indeed - and no I wasn't knocking Givens - I always thought that Kenworthy got off lightly (someone will no doubt tell me it wasn't him - my excuse: I was 6 and I still feel wronged). I literally meant what was said - I hope it turns out better than the last time he stepped up to help us out, which let's face it, wasn't a great day.

It would indeed - and no I wasn't knocking Givens - I always thought that Kenworthy got off lightly (someone will no doubt tell me it wasn't him - my excuse: I was 6 and I still feel wronged). I literally meant what was said - I hope it turns out better than the last time he stepped up to help us out, which let's face it, wasn't a great day.

It wasn't Kenworthy it was Matthews. ;)

Back
Top Bottom