In Conversation with Kevin McCabe (Octagon)

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

. They all took me dancing in Marples..

Yer lyin dog, that were weer I saw all me punk bands. Mau Maus, Upstarts, Vice Squad, Discharge; all yer greatest hits!

You musta gone dancing in Tiffanys on London Rooerd before it were Sainsberries robdog emporium. Or t'Azena up at Town End.

They used to be queuing up to rob it.

Them nice mesters Woolhouse and Hinchcliffe and even Reg Varney used to be a bit sly wi' gate money. That McCabe's a bloody amateur by comparison, just shovin a few bob down his sofa.

now it's werth millions and nobody wants it

£43 million apparently according to one o' experts on 'ere. Mind you that bloke from Indonesia dunt reckon that's right and ee knows lots o' stuff.

Yer lyin dog, that were weer I saw all me punk bands. Mau Maus, Upstarts, Vice Squad, Discharge; all yer greatest hits!

You musta gone dancing in Tiffanys on London Rooerd before it were Sainsberries robdog emporium. Or t'Azena up at Town End.

Them nice mesters Woolhouse and Hinchcliffe and even Reg Varney used to be a bit sly wi' gate money. That McCabe's a bloody amateur by comparison, just shovin a few bob down his sofa.

£43 million apparently according to one o' experts on 'ere. Mind you that bloke from Indonesia dunt reckon that's right and ee knows lots o' stuff.

I'm not lying. I gobbed on Johnny Rotten but he threw a pint of sick on me. I gobbed on Stevie Wonder at the Mojo in 1968 but he threw a harmonica but it hit Peter Stringfellow on the opposite side of the room. He had lovely hair but dressed like one of. "Those".

Saw Kathy Kirby at Tiffanys. The fast cat. Sucked her pianist off.

I'm not lying. I gobbed on Johnny Rotten but he threw a pint of sick on me. I gobbed on Stevie Wonder at the Mojo in 1968 but he threw a harmonica but it hit Peter Stringfellow on the opposite side of the room. He had lovely hair but dressed like one of. "Those".

No secret any more!

My figure, although broadbrush, was based upon Wednesday's. I would expect that the stadium is valued on a depreciated replacement cost, so although larger than BDTBL, I'd factored in an increase in build costs in 2 1/2 years. For argument's sake the value of their 2015 squad is the same as our 2018, and i've stuck on £10m for the hotel, and £2m for the other land. In retrospect, the hotel could be £12m and the land £3m. That's a guesstimate. When we de-listed we had a market cap of circa £25m (although subject to fluctuation). Feel free to tear my figures to shreds! :)

Don't forget the Pigs also have a hotel, it's not just us......

alara-b-b-main.jpg

He's not lyin' I should coco , I acted as his agent/pimp at the time and can vouch for Sean's 'engagements'. Very high maintenance - wouldn't do weddings, Bar Mitzvahs etc - but was very much into entertainment of the 'adult' variety. After a while it took it's toll on all of us, hence the reason why I no longer represent Sean these days. Apart from his many posts on here I've no idea what he gets up to nowadays, which given his past makes sense.

Im basing this on absolutely nothing but a hunch, McCabe preference to hang around and have investors come along side him surely comes down to the fact that to sell up it has to be at loss? Even if we are optimistic and say someone spends £50m on us (they won't) then id be surprised if he's not in deeper than that.

I'm no business man but I reckon that any agreement would involve someone paying in, helping us get to the PL and triggering a complete buy out which would see McCabe recoup most of whats he's put in?

If I'm anywhere near close its probably the reason why someone hasn't come along and taken us over. We are a very attractive proposition if you step outside the blades bubble and look at us.

He's not lyin' I should coco , I acted as his agent/pimp at the time and can vouch for Sean's 'engagements'. Very high maintenance - wouldn't do weddings, Bar Mitzvahs etc - but was very much into entertainment of the 'adult' variety. After a while it took it's toll on all of us, hence the reason why I no longer represent Sean these days. Apart from his many posts on here I've no idea what he gets up to nowadays, which given his past makes sense.

I always did christenings in a red mini dress though.....

Thought you’d get it.

Remember the shiny lips?

My first "stirrings" as a child.

When I read that title I thought "Octagon" must be his pseudonym.

I shall think of him henceforth as Octagon.

"A figure with eight straight sides and eight angles."

I haven’t read all of this thread...can someone summarise it for me and let me know if any of it is true or are we getting our knickers in a twist about rumours and idle speculation (again)?

I haven’t read all of this thread...can someone summarise it for me and let me know if any of it is true or are we getting our knickers in a twist about rumours and idle speculation (again)?

Basically, if Mr Chancer had bumped into Kev, rather than the Prince, Kev would have persuaded him to invest his £150 million into Blades Fruit Machines and Pool Table Rentals Ltd., in return for 10%, that's about it, oh and the true valuation of our club has just been worked out by Nicky C.

That's it roughly.

Basically, if Mr Chancer had bumped into Kev, rather than the Prince, Kev would have persuaded him to invest his £150 million into Blades Fruit Machines and Pool Table Rentals Ltd., in return for 10%, that's about it, oh and the true valuation of our club has just been worked out by Nicky C.

That's it roughly.

If I'd bumped into DK I'd have nipped him for a couple of million for Crab Taxis. Basically a telephone and some business cards. Probably half the cost of D Taxis.

Bush Blade is the one who has the value about right. What someone's willing to pay,( based on what he thinks he can get out of it.)

The hotel is now nothing to do with the FC.

Yeah but don't you think the sales pitch went something like:

"You get half the club for nowt but put in a couple of million short-term, we piss this league, couple of years in the championship then you can cash in when we reach the promised land, what can possibly go wrong".

Sympathy I don't have either but you do get the feeling he went in with one eye shut and Kev pulled one over him.
I thought that HRH got half the club for £1 after paying off our debts?

I thought that HRH got half the club for £1 after paying off our debts?
I think,

McCabe wrote of huge debts due to himself (£30m - ish)

Which allowed the Prince to aquire half the Football Club for £1, not the ground or any other real estate, that was transferred out and is held by the McCabe (Family)

The Football Club ownership agreed to split the running / investments costs 50/50, typically £4m each per year

Which is where we are today

I think,

Which allowed the Prince to aquire half the Football Club for £1, not the ground or any other real estate, that was transferred out and is held by the McCabe (Family)

The Football Club ownership agreed to split the running / investments costs 50/50, typically £4m each per year

Spoilsport. 50 pages at least if you'd kept your sneck out.

I think,

Yep skint

"Busy" lol.
I've genuinely got a lot of work to do, which takes some thought and consideration (or I get sued). I really can't be arsed to use what little brain power I have these days thinking about Kev's problems. Unless he's prepared to pay me.

Which was the first club in England to have foreign owners ?

Which was the first club in England to have foreign owners

I'd have a stab at Pompey. The soon to be pig is probably 'foreign' himself but he did a turn stitching up some Russians. He then sold Leicester to some Thais and the Porcine Massive similarly.

Don't buy a used football club from this man.

Back
Top Bottom