In a nutshell

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Maurice Maurice

Reaction score
Tactics, absolutely spot on.
Tight, compact and organised till we started chasing it.
Despite the above, we lost to 3 give away goals.
Max Lowe, gotta go.
Need a leader at centre half, second goal was criminal.
Need some legs in midfield, too slow to get back and cover, too slow to help the strikers
Need to find a star from the youth lads because we won't be spending big money next season.

Interesting days to come, I hope we get it right.

My biggest takeaway is that the current back 3 will be largely ok week in week out in the PL (assuming we get there), but that doesn't mean we don't bring in a couple of decent CBs for competition. Baldock will be fine too.

Beyond that LWB and the midfield needs a complete overhaul, although Berge showed glimpses. We also need 2 new strikers in the squad alongside Ndiaye.

Proud of all of them though. I was just frustrated with the 2nd half, as we looked scared to death.

Anyway, back to the league. UTB.

Good support considering ticket debacle and it been same month as season ticket renewals not to mention our record at Wembley. Was always gonna be a very tough game especially without Doyle and McAtee against probably best team in world football even with a diluted starting 11 they’re still ridiculously good. Penalty and the 2nd goal in particular was frustrating but I hope the players learn from this. Next season need to get rid of some passengers and sign well to stand a chance but I think there’s positives with the new takeover and not repeating mistakes from last time out we was in the premier league. Hope everyone enjoyed the day out and back to the bread and butter in league, seal promotion Wednesday against WBA. UTB c’mon ⚔️

Max Lowe, gotta go.
Need a leader at centre half, second goal was criminal.

Thought the 2nd goal was almost criminal.

We all make mistakes....it's a test of character to see how a player reacts.
I have big doubts that Jack Robinson is good enough for the PL.
Many times I think JLT is average Championship standard but you have to admit the guy has balls of steel.
He's a winner and will run threw brick walls to prevent conceding a goal.
So even though he's limited Robinson is the type you want in the dressing room.

Regards Lowe always thought he wasn't good enough, but give him credit he was very good in early season
but he's gradually gone down hill.

The way he made zero attempt to try and rectify his error told you so much.
Mahrez was running at goal from the half way line, it was 2 against 2 on a City counter attack.
Lowe could see that his team mate Robinson was struggling to cover
and what did Lowe do to rectify his mistake and help out his colleague?

He causally jogged behind Mahrez, just going threw the motions of defending, no desire to win the ball back.
He's exactly the player you don't want in the PL during a relegation fight.
Maybe Watford will take Lowe, he's fit in well there.

GK: Wes is borderline good enough, Davies is no where near good enough, nor is Dewhurst nor is Amissah, therefore another GK is required, either as Wes' replacement or a better quality reserve.

LWB: Lowe isn't good enough, Stevens is out of contract & past it. RND is coming back from a long term injury and we need more creativity from both WB's, therefore a LWB is needed to be either 1st choice or reserve, replacing Stevens & Osb.

RWB: Baldock is good enough, but Bogle isn't. Sell him & replace.

LCB: I'm not sure JLT is good enough, and you could hedge the risk by having RND play there & JLT as sub, but then you'd need cover a LWB. JOC will retire.

CB: Clark is going back to Newcastle. We need cover for Egan and in an ideal world a player that can also cover RCB. Bash isn't good enough.

DCM, CM & ACM: Two of our starting midfield are on loan, and they'll be leaving, so they need replacing. Fleck is out of contract. Norwood is out of contract and 32. Osb is out of contract and not good enough. Arblaster & Coulibaly need loaning out.

CF x 2: Brewster isn't good enough & coming back from long term injury & needs a season out on loan. Jebbison needs a loan to a championship club for a season, so does Osula. Billy Sharp isn't good enough. I'm 50/50 on McB & see him more as a sub now.

GK: Wes is borderline good enough, Davies is no where near good enough, nor is Dewhurst nor is Amissah, therefore another GK is required, either as Wes' replacement or a better quality reserve.

LWB: Lowe isn't good enough, Stevens is out of contract & past it. RND is coming back from a long term injury and we need more creativity from both WB's, therefore a LWB is needed to be either 1st choice or reserve, replacing Stevens & Osb.

LCB: I'm not sure JLT is good enough, and you could hedge the risk by having RND play there & JLT as sub, but then you'd need cover a LWB. JOC will retire.

CB: Clark is going back to Newcastle. We need cover for Egan and in an ideal world a player that can also cover RCB. Bash isn't good enough.

DCM, CM & ACM: Two of our starting midfield are on loan, and they'll be leaving, so they need replacing. Fleck is out of contract. Norwood is out of contract and 32. Osb is out of contract and not good enough. Arblaster & Coulibaly need loaning out.

CF x 2: Brewster isn't good enough & coming back from long term injury & needs a season out on loan. Jebbison needs a loan to a championship club for a season, so does Osula. Billy Sharp isn't good enough. I'm 50/50 on McB & see him more as a sub now.
This is spot on…and if we’re going to play like we played today, we’ll need someone who can get us up the pitch quickly. Someone like St Maximin or Adama Traore. Not them exactly obvs, we couldn’t afford them, but someone who can help us to counter-attack at pace.

This is spot on…and if we’re going to play like we played today, we’ll need someone who can get us up the pitch quickly. Someone like St Maximin or Adama Traore. Not them exactly obvs, we couldn’t afford them, but someone who can help us to counter-attack at pace.
I was toying with the idea of my 2nd new CF, being more of a FW in the style you mentioned 👍

Made me laugh reading that because it's pretty accurate.
What you're trying to say.......is we need almost a new team.
Think Forest bought 20 new players.....think we need at least 12 new players. Hope we do better than what Forrest have done.

Regards the RWB position. Bogle is far more talented than Baldock, better dribble, more skilful and more capable of scoring.
However Baldock is a better defender, better workrate, more physical with a better will to win mentality.

Really think Bogle has the potential to be a good PL standard player but his attitude stinks.
Maybe (like Lowe) he's so laid back it makes it looks like he's not trying and couldn't care less.
So I'm more open minded regards Bogle, I suppose Hecky will know whether he has the drive/ desire or not.

We played well as a team but let down by three individual errors by players. Who are not good enough for us let alone an fa cup semi final. Jebbison too young. Never win anything with kids as today shows, Lowe been too weak defending for several games, hendo saves that 3 rd goal but not Wes. Considering our financial obstacles, injuries and distractions this season we have done great. Today showed that with some key signings we can make a fist of next season. Well done Hecky and most players - UTB. ⚔️⚔️

i just cant understand hecky playing fleck hes gone and has been for the last 6 months coulibally should have started fleck offered us nothing but thought our tactics were spot on till jebbos poor challenge united will have to wise up as well next season in the premier league these pampered superstars will go down at the slightest touch as many city players did today

My biggest takeaway is that the current back 3 will be largely ok week in week out in the PL (assuming we get there), but that doesn't mean we don't bring in a couple of decent CBs for competition. Baldock will be fine too.

Beyond that LWB and the midfield needs a complete overhaul, although Berge showed glimpses. We also need 2 new strikers in the squad alongside Ndiaye.

Proud of all of them though. I was just frustrated with the 2nd half, as we looked scared to death.

Anyway, back to the league. UTB.
Yup

This - apart from Sander

We played well as a team but let down by three individual errors by players. Who are not good enough for us let alone an fa cup semi final. Jebbison too young. Never win anything with kids as today shows, Lowe been too weak defending for several games, hendo saves that 3 rd goal but not Wes. Considering our financial obstacles, injuries and distractions this season we have done great. Today showed that with some key signings we can make a fist of next season. Well done Hecky and most players - UTB. ⚔️⚔️
Interesting point about the third goal. Well struck but Wes got his hand to it. For me. His starting position was poor and he looked too far to his right.

Correct starting position and he saves that shot

Biggest takeaway's for me, in no particular order.

-Anel had Haaland in his pocket. If he can handle that, he's a PL starter, no question.
-As much as I like Lowe, I think we've seen today that top 6 PL standard is probably a level too far, possible the PL as a whole.
-The back 3 and Wes should be solid enough for most teams/games next season.
-Illi looks to have found the next level to step up to - Man City did a job on nullifying him. It was basically a stalemate. As we've seen this season, he raises his game, once he knows how far he needs to rise. This will have been invaluable to his development. Expect him to bet better as a direct result of today.
-Berge is capable of running rings around PL players just as he does in the Champ.

It's weird watching a game that's a genuine free hit.

You’re having a laff

He was awful apart from 2 dropped shoulder charges

Pls pls stop saying SB is anything other than vanilla
Always find it interesting how people watching the same game can have different views.

I thought Berge was one of our better performers today, probably just behind Anel and Baldock for me.

Back
Top Bottom