If the system isn’t the problem then what is?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

View attachment 106888
Sounds like Chris's interviews maybe pushing buttons amongst the hierarchy. I know Jim Phipps is no longer on the board but he's still a close associate....
Most predictable response ever from JimPhipps . If I were Wilder I'd ask Abdullah to keep his associates in check.

Where has Wilder insisted on keeping everyone?

I'm fully onboard with being a financially sound club, but the best way to do that is by playing in the PL, the best way to continue playing in the PL is to pay PL wages to players. If you don't you end up with what we've got.

Most predictable response ever from JimPhipps . If I were Wilder I'd ask Abdullah to keep his associates in check.

Where has Wilder insisted on keeping everyone?

I'm fully onboard with being a financially sound club, but the best way to do that is by playing in the PL, the best way to continue playing in the PL is to pay PL wages to players. If you don't you end up with what we've got.
I think in fairness to Jim he is only expressing his opinion on how these interviews may be being perceived by top brass and the path CW may be heading down.

I agree entirely with you, I've never liked this go down to come up idea, it defies logic surely just staying in the PL is best? Which is why I don't like that the rhetoric surrounding the transfer windows this season has gone from "best ever" to "we have bought the best of the championship" neither of which is true. No matter how you look at it.

The relationship between CW and the board must be being tested by what's happening on the pitch. And you can see it from both sides. CW has spent horrifically I have no doubt about that I'm not buying this nonsense about the future with Ramsdale and Brewster in particular. But then CW probably was promised a few loans in January which were swiftly taken off the table and is now being told if we get good offers for certain players they will be going as you have failed to keep us in the PL.

I just don't get what the spikey interview achieve? As much as I have enjoyed CW's reign I'm a Sheffield United fan first and foremost so if it turns out CW has been deliberately not playing Brewster or leaving senior players out of the squad to make a point I don't think it will go down well the fans.

Last edited:
I think in fairness to Jim he is only expressing his opinion on how these interviews may be being perceived by top brass and the path CW may be heading down.

I agree entirely with you, I've never liked this go down to come up idea, it defies logic surely just staying in the PL is best? Which is why I don't like that the rhetoric surrounding the transfer windows this season has gone from "best ever" to "we have bought the best of the championship" neither of which is true. No matter how you look at it.

The relationship between CW and the board must be being tested by what's happening on the pitch. And you can see it from both sides. CW has spent horrifically I have no doubt about that I'm not buying this nonsense about the future with Ramsdale and Brewster in particular. But then CW probably was promised a few loans in January which were swiftly taken off the table and is now being told if we get good offers for certain players they will be going as you have failed to keep us in the PL.

I just don't get what the spikey interview achieve? As much as I have enjoyed CW's reign I'm a Sheffield United fan first and foremost so if it turns out CW has been deliberately not playing Brewster or leaving senior players out of the squad to make a point I don't think it will go down well the fans.
i think the spikey interview is because hes already been told that players will have to be sold

That we are a small time club. We think circa £110 spent over 8 transfers Windows with our league one squad is enough for the Premier League is delusional beyond comprehension.
Whether £110m is viewed as enough or not, I think we should expect a little more than abject capitulation.

We aren't playing last year's system, nor have we since the first lockdown ended last year. The overloads are essential and they're virtually non existent this season. The reason why this bunch of Championship and league one waifs and strays got promoted to the prem, and then finished mid table,a was purely down to the frankly incredible system. What has compounded it is the fact we don't have the players to fundamentally change it either. We can't use a more orthodox system and grind a few results out Burnley style. We did this at times in the Champ when we played Stearman in one of the wide CB roles. Every part of the system comes under more both in and out of possession with the loss of this system, and what you see, quite starkly, is that individually the vast majority of our players are out of their depth.

Back
Top Bottom