If the PL season ends prematurely we have to take legal action

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

FMBlade1

Reaction score
Hate saying it, but the Villa match MUST be played so we all will have played the same number of games and to give us a chance of making 5th and potentially the Champions League.

Would the PL allow that exception though?

Pretty sure if they end the season in a way that's controversial for us there are going to be teams far more adversely affected. Also a fair chance that if the season can't be played out that there's not going to be a Champions League next season.

I think maybe we should wait to see what the hell comes of all this before saying we "have to take legal action".

Pretty sure if they end the season in a way that's controversial for us there are going to be teams far more adversely affected. Also a fair chance that if the season can't be played out that there's not going to be a Champions League next season.

I think maybe we should wait to see what the hell comes of all this before saying we "have to take legal action".

Hence the word 'if' and I don't really care about other teams on a football level, in football terms this could deny us something we've never had. Can't see how they could cancel the CL with all the broadcasting deals involved.

(I know people are dying out there of course and there are more difficult issues)

Take legal action and have two to three years of turmoil and expense. Never a good option !

Hence the word 'if' and I don't really care about other teams on a football level, in football terms this could deny us something we've never had. Can't see how they could cancel the CL with all the broadcasting deals involved.

(I know people are dying out there of course and there are more difficult issues)

I get it's a hypothetical. The problem is if you make an "if" statement without enough context for it then it becomes trivial.

Yes, if some point in the future Sheffield United are wronged in an egregious way, and if Sheffield United have legal recourse, and if there's a likelihood of success, and if there's a likelihood of suitable compensation, then Sheffield United should sue...someone.

Without knowing the full reasons the season is nulled, without knowing the damage done, what's even lost, who's to blame, the state of the country, the state of Europe, how can we even talk about possible legal action? Take legal action for what?

Edit: And the point about other teams is that if that many others are wronged by the season being ended then it won't have been a decision reached by agreement, which would mean that the decision has almost certainly been forced by circumstances out of anyone's control

Hate saying it, but the Villa match MUST be played so we all will have played the same number of games and to give us a chance of making 5th and potentially the Champions League.

If it ends prematurely then I think we will have been consulted on the decision...

And as much as it will be a real shame, I think whatever they do will upset someone.

Hopefully they can finish the fixtures, even if it’s behind closed doors. But only if that means it’s safe to do so

Behind closed doors has to be an option soon. Players have been self quarantined. Testing has improved and more accurate. I don't know why games can not be played when all involved are virus free.

Behind closed doors has to be an option soon. Players have been self quarantined. Testing has improved and more accurate. I don't know why games can not be played when all involved are virus free.

Fans will turn up at grounds and it could put unnecessary strain on the NHS.

What I'm getting at, is that even if the season is determined as being over, our Villa game HAS to the exception

Fans will turn up at grounds and it could put unnecessary strain on the NHS.

Not being funny, but could the games just take place on the Isle of Man or something? Hell, even send them all to the Falklands if there's a pitch there.

Not being funny, but could the games just take place on the Isle of Man or something? Hell, even send them all to the Falklands if there's a pitch there.

The stadiums wouldn't be up to Premier League standard.

Reactions: Dkc
The stadiums wouldn't be up to Premier League standard.

True, but surely they could just agree to change the rules on that and scrap VAR for it?

Think they'd prefer that rather than it be cancelled. Then you'd get no fans/safety issues at all. Keep them on the Isle of Man for a couple of months, put a couple of bog standard cameras there and you're done.

True, but surely they could just agree to change the rules on that and scrap VAR for it?

Think they'd prefer that rather than it be cancelled. Then you'd get no fans/safety issues at all. Keep them on the Isle of Man for a couple of months, put a couple of bog standard cameras there and you're done.

The other big problem is that it takes too many people to put on a football match.

Even if it was behind closed doors there'd still be hundreds of people in the stadium.

The other problem is that it takes too many people to put on a football match.

Even if it was behind closed doors there'd still be hundreds of people in the stadium.

Not if it was on the Isle of Man or in the Falklands. UK territory and impossible for Joe Bloggs to get to.

There are no cases in the Falklands. https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-uk-doubles-intensive-care-beds-on-falkland-islands-11966021

With all the PL money should be easy to ship the players and staff down there for a couple of months.

It’s a personal opinion, and it may not play well on this thread, but currently I know vulnerable people who have the virus and might die, and every time I go out for milk, bread or cat food, I’m scared. It would be “so Utd”, etc, if the season didn’t play out ... but right now I really don’t give a shit. Sorry.

#smallblademe

Not if it was on the Isle of Man or in the Falklands. UK territory and impossible for Joe Bloggs to get to.

Think about it.

The two teams including the managers, squad players, substitutes, coaches and medical staff is going to be about 50 for each team so you're at 100 before you've even started.

That's already a health hazard.

Then it gets even worse when you start adding in the press and all the media people who would need to be there if it was being broadcast on TV.

It's just not possible.

Think about it.

The two teams including the managers, squad players, substitutes, coaches and medical staff is going to be about 50 for each team so you're at 100 before you've even started.

That's already a health hazard.

Then it gets even worse when you start adding in the press and all the media people who would need to be there if it was being broadcast on TV.

It's just not possible.

Oh yes of course there are issues and I haven't thought it through (shock horror) but I think it could be done.

Hire a plane (airlines need the money) stick 100 from the clubs, 50 journalists and cameramen then you're done. One game each day, fly in fly out. How much would it cost? Even if it's half a million quid per return journey it would pay for itself.

Football is clearly played down there: http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/nov/16/fa-representative-team-falkland-islands-trip-161118

Cut the bs football red-tape, check temperatures before anyone gets on the plane, fly out from virtually abandoned London City airport.

I think the entire season will be voided, rendering the uneven number of games moot.

I think the entire season will be voided, rendering the uneven number of games moot.

That would be sad. My point as you know is if they decided to end it now as things stand, which would be wrong. I'm not even a fan behind closed doors as loses home advantage but c'est la vie.

Would they dare deny Liverpool the title though?

That would be sad. My point as you know is if they decided to end it now as things stand, which would be wrong. I'm not even a fan behind closed doors as loses home advantage but c'est la vie.

Would they dare deny Liverpool the title though?

Oh I agree. I just can't see how they'll manage to finish the season at all. I think most people are being wildly optimistic about when things will 'return to normal' and we can get the matches played. I actually think there may not be a normal to return to, but that's another matter.

Oh I agree. I just can't see how they'll manage to finish the season at all. I think most people are being wildly optimistic about when things will 'return to normal' and we can get the matches played. I actually think there may not be a normal to return to, but that's another matter.

One thing I don't quite get, why is there such an urge from Kane Seferin etc. to get next season starting on time without caring about this one?

No, we don't. Thousands of people across the world are dying. Some things are bigger than football. If the season is voided, let's be decent about it and accept it, like every other club will have to.

It's shit, and it hurts, but let's not be the one club that tries to profit from it. We're better than that :(

No, we don't. Thousands of people across the world are dying. Some things are bigger than football. If the season is voided, let's be decent about it and accept it, like every other club will have to.

It's shit, and it hurts, but let's not be the one club that tries to profit from it. We're better than that :(

I've acknowledge that in post three, no need to be all high and mighty this is a football forum.

I've never seen us play in Europe. I don't want us to be stitched up when we don't have to be.

Play the Villa game. It's not much to ask.

Self quarantined....nobody told Berge and Zivkovic....running in Millhouses park at the weekend

Army medics and 2 incubators just sent to Falklands as they have just recorded their first case (noticed it on line this morning)☹️

Sorry to harp on about this.

The point about thousands of people dying around us, right now, versus the concerns of this OP, is one thing. The likelihood of this crisis leading to a global depression, with the loss of millions of jobs in this country alone, is another. It may take a decade or more for us to recover from this, with all manner of deprivation in the interim.

In this context ... we have a thread recommending legal action because a supporter of a football club might be disappointed with how the season pans out.

For fucks’ sake, get a grip. Or go write another thread complaining about Charlie Webster, or Ched Evans, or something.

Sorry to harp on about this.

The point about thousands of people dying around us, right now, versus the concerns of this OP, is one thing. The likelihood of this crisis leading to a global depression, with the loss of millions of jobs in this country alone, is another. It may take a decade or more for us to recover from this, with all manner of deprivation in the interim.

In this context ... we have a thread recommending legal action because a supporter of a football club might be disappointed with how the season pans out.

For fucks’ sake, get a grip. Or go write another thread complaining about Charlie Webster, or Ched Evans, or something.

If you want to post about COVID-19 use the other forum. This is a football forum. Read post 3 on this thread. If Liverpool are denied the title it's unfair. If we are denied European football that's unfair. COVID-19 doesn't make that decision, the PL does. I want them to make the right decision, and if they don't I don't want see us punished again.

Get a grip yourself.

Playing football is a key component of the country's country, which pays for ventilators which literally keep people alive through taxation, boosts mental and physical health and the nation's morale.

Back
Top Bottom