IF Sharp leaves ...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wavy-blade

Reaction score
There’s gona be a thread on here , titled “Billy Scores again “ for who ever he’s goes to and we’re all going to regret him leaving , be happy for him like , but really can’t he have just one start Chris just to see what happens just for the 2nd half of the season .

There’s gona be a thread on here , titled “Billy Scores again “ for who ever he’s goes to and we’re all going to regret him leaving , be happy for him like , but really can’t he have just one start Chris just to see what happens just for the 2nd half of the season .
It's called progress.

It's called progress.
You're right of course. We can't expect Billy to go on forever and I think we've seen why he's behind the likes of Moose and McBurnie due to them having pace and height respectively. However, why he's behind McGoldrick in the striker role I do not know? Well, I do know actually, he's behind McGoldrick in the striker role, because McGoldrick is in front of him due to his massive contribution from midfield. Seeing as Lundstram has hit a bit of indifferent form, how about playing McGoldrick right midfield now, in Lundstram's position, and letting Billy have a few starts, alongside McBurnie, or Moose?

I'd like us to at least give Billy a final shot at it rather than his dream season back in the Prem being one where he never really got a look in, despite us crying out for someone up front with his finishing skills.

Can't understand why Sharp would leave.

He's not getting loads of match time, granted, but he's in the Match day Squad for his boyhood club in the PL. Look at the bigger picture - he can have another season here and "potentially" even play in a European competition before he retires.

He's not going to give up that.

Only Celtic would be a decent move at this stage for him. They are in Europe and his Mrs is Scottish. Any English club have no chance

Meh, overrated anyway. Never done owt for us.

Reactions: Dkc
Probably because hes fed up of getting splinters in his arse. Sharps been both a great player and servant for the club but there will doubtless be something within that wants to prove he can still score goals, something it doesn't look like he'll get chance to do here. He owes us nothing, good luck to him if he decides to move to pastures new.

Given that none of the new lads up front seem capable of a full 90 minute stint during the first half of the season, the lack of minutes alongside his optimal strike partner, who is McGoldrick, is as surprising as it is staggering.

ignore the media rhetoric. Wilder is forcing Sharp in to a heart wrenching decision that given his service to the club, is completely unjustified. On top of which. I have absolutely zero doubt based on what dem 👀tell me that minutes on the pitch would have yielded more goals and thus in all probability more points. We will never know for sure of course, and THATS the galling bit !!!!

UTB

we have to accept Sharp is in striker terms is getting on a bit
he's scored one scrambled toe poke this season against a tiring Bournemouth team
I love him to bits but he hasn't got the pace to get past most of the prems top defenders
Billy knows this, which is why he's probably accepted he can offer something in a less pacey league

hes going to be on the bench if he stays , if that suits him its no bad thing for us
its not just media rhetoric its what we can plainly see but dont want to accept as we love him

Didn’t Bill start against Newcastle?

He's not getting loads of match time, granted, but he's in the Match day Squad for his boyhood club in the PL. Look at the bigger picture - he can have another season here and "potentially" even play in a European competition before he retires.

He's not going to give up that.

Only Celtic would be a decent move at this stage for him. They are in Europe and his Mrs is Scottish. Any English club have no chance

I'm not sure Celtic would be a good move for him tbh. You've got 3 or 4 teams in the whole of Scotland that are half-decent - the rest are just amateurish level. The standard of football is poor. It must be a bore playing at that level after the cut and thrust of the English leagues. Plus, it's always cold and raining in Scotland. I was going to criticise the beer as well, "Younger's" and "McEwan's" but fortunately there are a few more options now than these two.

I'm really hoping the lad gets a bit more game time with us and notches a few goals. I'd love to see him finish his career with us, at the top. He deserves it.

Id be gutted if Billy left, however i think the idea of him joining Celtic on loan until the end of the season (or 18 months) could be of interest to him, he could win medals, and i think he'd still get loads of goals in Scotland.

I do think Billy still has a part to play for us off the bench, last 15/20 if we need a goal he's always a threat, if we're hanging on he's a very inteligent player who understands the art of gamesmanship and wins us space, and free kicks at vital times, plus he's one of Wilders generals who polices the dressing, he lifts others and he's our skipper.

Its a tought one however i understand if this isn't enough for him at his age and playing regularly for a top team like Celtic could be a good move for him.

If he leaves it would be nice if an agreement was in place for him to return to the Blades as a coach, his experience and knowledge of all things SUFC would offer Wilder continuity of what he's trying to achieve, and who knows, maybe a long term replacement for Wilder, if God forbit he was to leave one day.

he's scored one scrambled toe poke this season against a tiring Bournemouth team

That's one more than McGoldrick. I think Billy's also had at least one chalked off by VAR too. He's also been a whisker away from scoring on a few occasions, must recently his header against Man City, and has been instrumental in setting up others. Given his limited game time that isn't bad at all.

That's one more than McGoldrick. I think Billy's also had at least one chalked off by VAR too. He's also been a whisker away from scoring on a few occasions, must recently his header against Man City, and has been instrumental in setting up others. Given his limited game time that isn't bad at all.
He's not had any ruled out by VAR as far as I can remember.

Reactions: Dkc
If he goes to Celtic he'll win a top division title and play in a European competition then maybe head off to the sun in the MLS and make himself a relative fortune.

I'd hope we could keep him until the end of the month and see how many points we are on though and if any injuries crop up then decide.

mcgoldrick offers a lot more to offer in link up play , and has had 2 ruled out
Sharp as an impact player hasnt had any impact ,its got to be based on whats happening now
not on what hes done for us

He's a long-term project now. How many games he plays is quite irrelevant, it's what he does Monday to Friday at Shirecliffe now that will determine his future not the possible last 40 games of his career.

Thats down to him proving his worth to Wilder.

I think we’ve been lucky enough to have seen his best years, for which I’ll be forever grateful to him (and Adkins for signing him). But It’s just a shame he didn’t bump into Chris Wilder earlier in his career.

Back
Top Bottom