If Carlsberg did season ends...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Champagneblade

Reaction score
What would be your ideal season end?

Blades win the lot and pip Burnley to be Champions, beat City to triumph over Brighton in the Final. All nice and fairy tale but I think most would take remaining second and enjoying the day out at Wembley.

But what else would you like to see?

Meanwhile Wednesday last day drama sees them resigned to the play offs. Excitement peaks as they regroup and make the play off final only for a controversial last minute penalty put away by Didzy after a Mendez-Laing dive.

Meanwhile Rotherham and Huddersfield stay up in the Championship as Warnock signs off with a final game win to send Gareth Ainsworth's QPR to League One.

What other season end dram would bring a wry smile to your face?

Imagine the atmosphere lifting even more if it does happen? Lifts the players and who knows, we beat city to make our first FA cup final since 1936 and maybe go on to win it for the first time since 1925. Meanwhile back in S6 Exeter get a last minute penalty put away by ex blade Kevin McDonald to officially resign them to the play offs

Would still take scraping up by 1 point with a draw at Birmingham if you offered it me

I think that's a very responsible and mature thing to post

But to be able to have a Wembley appearance WITHOUT jeopardising promotion would be a stupid luxury

If we are able to head to Wembley with a big lead to 3rd place - 8-9pts, this would be a massive weight off the shoulders and would let us relax a bit.

To answer the OP.

2nd place promotion with games to spare and a Cup Final - obviously a win. But I need to see us play in a final before I go

Sealing promotion against Bristol and going to Wembley in party mode, regardless of the result, would be an amazing experience for all of us.

Add to that Leeds and West Ham getting relegated and Wednesday fucking it up at the last hurdle and staying in League 1, placing us 2 divisions apart. I probably couldn't ask for much better than that.

Us up, serenely if possible, Forest, Leeds and Everton down (West Ham have served their time in my opinion), Wednesday blow it in the league then crash out in the Semi Finals after another embarrassing light display. Millwall follow us up through the Play-offs.

United to pay off any and all debts the minute that the TV money is confirmed.

I'm not going to touch the FA Cup, that's in the lap of the Gods, although going up at Wembley as the Semi Final kicks off would be beyond glorious.

I'm a Yorkshireman- I value my pocket! So we to win every game is a given. Any team close to Sheffield to join to save on petrol. So Burnley & Boro up wi us. Wenesday, Barnslee, Derby to come up, Udders and Toytown to stay up. Soton, Bmouth, Palace down. Just in case.
Oh and us to be bought by the bin Laden family and they to make season tickets free in the PL. And free flights to the Europa League, sat next to Billy's replacement Mr Haaland.......

Ok, I'm sure most of you know this, but......

Hecky and Darren Moore are taking part in a joint interview

Interviewer: Darren, what's your aim for the rest of the season?

Moore: Erm, well, all I want, erm is for us to get over the line and, erm, win promotion to the Championship

Interviewer: And Paul, what are your expectations?

Hecky: I reckon we can pip Burnley to the title, beat Man City and then win the Cup Final, getting us into Europe next season.

Interviewer: Don't you think that's all a bit unrealistic?

Hecky: Well Darren fucking started it!

With promotion already sealed, and a spectacular collapse seeing the Pigs losing all of their remaining matches, I'm making my way back from Wembley after witnessing Billy Sharp become the oldest player ever to score a hat-trick in an FA Cup final.

Then some breaking news comes through that due to financial irregularities, Nottingham Forest get relegated two divisions and a little known EFL clause means that the City Ground has to be demolished and a giant bouncy castle put there in its place.

Anyway, I stop off at Tibshelf services for a piss and a Whopper, and I somehow get chatting to Jennifer Lawrence. Turns out she's actually a massive Blade and she was at the final as well.

After making love in the disabled toilets, she tells me I'm the best she's ever had and that big cocks are overrated anyway. I ask her to marry me and we later become proud parents of our twins, Anella and Billiman.

If we are able to head to Wembley with a big lead to 3rd place - 8-9pts, this would be a massive weight off the shoulders and would let us relax a bit.

To answer the OP.

2nd place promotion with games to spare and a Cup Final - obviously a win. But I need to see us play in a final before I go
9 points ahead - with of course a game in hand -would mean that we could only miss out on second by Goal Difference.

Maintain the gap between now and Wembley and we'll be in a fantastic position.

At worst, come the Wednesday night against WBA we'd be 3 points ahead with 2 games in hand.

Promotion sealed before the semi-final.
Iliman to score another 'Worldy' against City and we hang on for a scrappy 1-0 win. McBurnie and Sharp shit-housing for the last 20 mins.
Beat Man Utd in the final (Casemiro sent off after 10 mins)
Wednesday to lose in the play-offs against Derby with a McGoldrick hat-trick.
West Ham, Forest and Leeds/Everton get relegated.
Dozy really has got money and the take-over sorted
N'Diaye signs new 5 year contract and stays.
Doyle and McAtee to come back on loan to continue their development.
And finally O'Connell can play again, comes on for last 5 mins of the last home match and has a miracle pre-season to regain fitness.

Maybe a few of those can really happen. I would take 3 out of the 9.....
But you did say 'if Carlsberg did season ends' !!!

We get officially promoted about 10 minutes into the semi final and ir becomes one big party.
This would be the ultimate outcome.

Lose to City, but who gives a FF ?

What a day that would be 🙏

Can't have a thread like this without

They had to use the real thing, it was filmed first thing in the morning, took about 7 takes....to get it right....and 6-7 carlsbergs each.

Utd going up
Weds in last minute playoff defeat
Everton going down
Wrexham kept down due to fair play rule breach
Utd celebrate promotion during Wembley semi

Back
Top Bottom