Ideal pre-season match?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Ideal pre-season match?

• Total voters
One game in Spain then back for a Steel City tournament with clubs we have good relations with. Opposition could be clubs sponsored by Adidas, they might even promote it. Include a club from Scotland. Rangers would pack the ground and the pubs would do great business
Don't invite the Scousers, they might misinterpret Steel City...

Rotherham or Doncaster Rovers, they'll need to begin to adjust to League 1, they'd be competitive and so local there would be good crowds

Would love a couple of games across in Germany. Would be fun to see what happened if the concourse wrecking lot showed up in, say, Dresden

Are Skegness Town still going? I remember going to a pre season there as a nipper. I think it was when Charlie Hartfield played for us. Wouldn't mind some coastal clubs this pre season.

My old dad (he's 88) would love to see his first love Rangers at the lane - not everyones cup of tea granted but as the earlier post said, there would be a great atmosphere - a Wendy fan told me they were the most vociferous fans he'd ever heard at Swillsboro when they played in 2012

Reactions: Dkc
My old dad (he's 88) would love to see his first love Rangers at the lane - not everyones cup of tea granted but as the earlier post said, there would be a great atmosphere - a Wendy fan told me they were the most vociferous fans he'd ever heard at Swillsboro when they played in 2012
He didn't use that word though, did he? A bit too long for your average pig.

Inspired by my previous thread, slightly crazy idea, but thought we could do a poll on here of which country we would like us to have a pre-season match this summer, and if there's enough enthusiasm perhaps it could be passed on to the powers that be to look into it.

I've listed several countries in the poll above, if you have any other suggestions just add them below in a comment

UTB!

Think preseason will be in the UK with training and one or two games in Spain .

Could be either Halifax or Northampton added to the lists.

Can see us having a high rated foreign club at the lane , as a thank you to fans .

Hazy crazy times . Humble club and fans except the fuckers who act like wankers at away matches .

I think what he meant to say is ,
When they started jeering and mocking our manager at the time Weir ,
the Huns turned on em and started singing his / our praises , so they did what they always do
bottled it and stopped .
Ask Celtic , place is less likely to get smashed up then bringing the Huns to town .

From the first time i saw their ground Como has been my dream pre-season venue.

stadio_giuseppe_sinigaglia07.jpg

From the first time i saw their ground Como has been my dream pre-season venue.

stadio_giuseppe_sinigaglia07.jpg

Inter Milan play Como in a pre season friendly every year . The club has gone bankrupt and just been bought by a ex Chelski players Missus at auction.

Como once graced Serie A after loaning players from all the top clubs after finishing top of Serie B.

Beautiful ground . Dream preseason friendly .

How'd your lad get on talking about Billy sharp in school , would be handy for me as well G ,
Still going over for Chessie .

Aye he loved it. Headed into school resplendent in the full home kit. Other kids hadn't a clue because they all support the usual suspects but he didn't care. He's really beginning to get into football and has started to watch 'the glens' with me now. Bizarrely enough a teacher in his school is originally from Sheffield and is a pig!
We are heading over for last home game and are really looking forward to it. Have you any plans to head over before the season ends?

Aye he loved it. Headed into school resplendent in the full home kit. Other kids hadn't a clue because they all support the usual suspects but he didn't care. He's really beginning to get into football and has started to watch 'the glens' with me now. Bizarrely enough a teacher in his school is originally from Sheffield and is a pig!
We are heading over for last home game and are really looking forward to it. Have you any plans to head over before the season ends?
Was due to go back home last week , but Millwall put an end to that .
Yup flying over for the Chessie game on Sunday morning , Staying over that night and flying back Monday afternoon , into out of Manchester , was out shopping in one of our shopping centres and bold as brass there he was walking around in his pig tracksuit , and a Dub as well . :mad:

We are flying into Liverpool on the Saturday night and driving up to Sheffield on the morning of the game. Flying back out on Sunday night. Can't wait. Keep telling the young fella how significant it would be to see the blades lift a league title (fingers crossed) but I don't think he gets it.

BUMP!

Spain ahead by quite a bit, I liked one of the poster's ideas of taking over a small village for the day watching football with the locals, doesn't have to be a big team of course. As Ricky says would also be interesting to test ourselves against a 'foreign equivalent' and can even be used as a bit of a scouting exercise.

Ask Celtic , place is less likely to get smashed up then bringing the Huns to town .

We could compete for the 'Jimmy Johnstone Shield' which should keep BDTBL intact.

Both sides of the old firm have LONG memories; 'if you know your history' and all that.....

We could compete for the 'Jimmy Johnstone Shield' which should keep BDTBL intact.

Both sides of the old firm have LONG memories; 'if you know your history' and all that.....

Remember Chesterfield v Rangers . Anglo Scottish Cup . Madness that night .

Got a feeling we could be playing Juventus at the lane , brokered after there visit to the academy .

Remember Chesterfield v Rangers . Anglo Scottish Cup . Madness that night .

Got a feeling we could be playing Juventus at the lane , brokered after there visit to the academy .
Was that in the eighties? Didn't most of the shop windows in the town centre get put through?

Inspired by my previous thread, slightly crazy idea, but thought we could do a poll on here of which country we would like us to have a pre-season match this summer, and if there's enough enthusiasm perhaps it could be passed on to the powers that be to look into it.

I've listed several countries in the poll above, if you have any other suggestions just add them below in a comment

UTB!

For your delectation a sex offenders XI instead? Some place in Florida maybe?

:)

Was that in the eighties? Didn't most of the shop windows in the town centre get put through?

Chesterfield town centre I think. They got a bit of a hot reception in Sheffield. I remember walking past a group who'd been arrested complaing they'd been attacked by some "English Catholic bastards". Think it made the Star.

Chesterfield town centre I think. They got a bit of a hot reception in Sheffield. I remember walking past a group who'd been arrested complaing they'd been attacked by some "English Catholic bastards". Think it made the Star.
Yes, I meant Chesterfield town centre.

CF Benidorm, and a week on the piss

Estadio%20Municipal%20Guillermo%20Amor,%20Benidorm%20CD.jpg

Back
Top Bottom