I predict a riot . Blades v leeds.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Last weekend not this weekend when we were here the pubs in hull were rammed with the red half off hull rugby fans and a brilliant atmosphere and such friendly people which I've found allover hull the past 2 weeks .
Today so many leeda fans about and loud and ita surprised me how many leeds are in hull.
The brewdog pub later was full of Leeds same the admiral of the humber .
I cant imagine a large amount of leeds fans in any sheffield pub as I'm sure they would be shovelled in.
Living round here you find there are lots of "middle aged" glory hunting Leeds fans. Remember for most of their history Dull City were utterly shite so the locals rather than support their own team resorted to a successful team 45 miles away.

Most of them never go anywhere near Bellend Road but are of the loud and gob shitey persuasion, hence they were in Brewdog not at Wembley.

I went to a do on Saturday Night where a few of them were taking delight in slagging of the Blades whilst singing their shitty songs. It culminated in one jumping on stage with the band and singing "I predict a riot". I am really looking forward to commiserating with them next time I see them. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Living round here you find there are lots of "middle aged" glory hunting Leeds fans. Remember for most of their history Dull City were utterly shite so the locals rather than support their own team resorted to a successful team 45 miles away.

Most of them never go anywhere near Bellend Road but are of the loud and gob shitey persuasion, hence they were in Brewdog not at Wembley.

I went to a do on Saturday Night where a few of them were taking delight in slagging of the Blades whilst singing their shitty songs. It culminated in one jumping on stage with the band and singing "I predict a riot". I am really looking forward to commiserating with them next time I see them. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
Spent a fair bit of time in hull lately and love the place and the people. We are stopping at the marina but last week we stayed at wetherspoons hotel which is top notch .
Hull old town beautiful same the marina and the people of hull are spot on .
Was just surprised to see so many leeds fans around plus the fact they made it known to me they hate sheffutd as saw my blades tattoos.
I was with the Mrs and heavily outnumbered but I will never forget there faces.
I'm back in hull Saturday night stopping over next week .

Hi Stegosaurus here

Leeds fans have always been loud, obnoxious, uncouth, mouth-breathers without an ounce of class or decorum about them. Harping on about the good old days when they weren't utter dog shit and reminiscing about "what might have been" when they had a half decent team in the early 2000s.

Y
Spent a fair bit of time in hull lately and love the place and the people. We are stopping at the marina but last week we stayed at wetherspoons hotel which is top notch .
Hull old town beautiful same the marina and the people of hull are spot on .
Was just surprised to see so many leeds fans around plus the fact they made it known to me they hate sheffutd as saw my blades tattoos.
I was with the Mrs and heavily outnumbered but I will never forget there faces.
I'm back in hull Saturday night stopping over next week .
You want me to round a few of the boys up ?

Lovely to see their miserable faces heading back North as I drove down the M1 last night.

We've been absolute tripe this season, worst I can ever remember but they're in the same league that we are. 🀣🀣🀣🀣

5 weeks ago this weekend me and my Mrs were in york stopping the weekend.
The stone roses bar was full of loud. Leeds fans on about promotion singing I predict a riot and generally being mouthy and up in seeing my blades tattoos mentioned how shit sheffutd were.
Last weekend me and my partner stayed hull and this weekend we are in hull marina/docks again for 3 days as we love it , so much history.
Half of bloody hull follow Leeds and today has made my day .
I've been going to Leeds since the 70s I hate these as much as I hate forest and to say hull has 2 rugby teams and a football team it's full of Leeds.
Waving free scarfs I predict a riot, pitch invasion v Norwich, fuk off muppets .
Fair play to decent hull people who put them in their place.
Brewdog pub here we come happy days .
Only been to Hull once and it was much nicer than often portrayed. Mind you I live in Hoyland

Leeds is a fucking one club city. Circa c50k watch football in Sheffield every fortnight (OK 3,500 of them are deluded and watch Wendy....) but the point is Leeds are a bunch of gobby fucking tossers and always have been.... who disappear when the going gets tough and 'rediscover' their love for the 'Rhinos' and working man's egg chasing. Then they reappear on full volume gobshite mode when they look like they might win summat. Fuck 'em. Hope we rip them and the pigs and everyone else in the Championsip limb from fucking limb next season.

UTB!!!!!!!

Christ, I feel better for that.
Bang on.

Leeds is a rugby town.

Sheffield is a proper football City and no Leeds fan will ever know how that feels.

5 weeks ago this weekend me and my Mrs were in york stopping the weekend.
The stone roses bar was full of loud. Leeds fans on about promotion singing I predict a riot and generally being mouthy and up in seeing my blades tattoos mentioned how shit sheffutd were.
Last weekend me and my partner stayed hull and this weekend we are in hull marina/docks again for 3 days as we love it , so much history.
Half of bloody hull follow Leeds and today has made my day .
I've been going to Leeds since the 70s I hate these as much as I hate forest and to say hull has 2 rugby teams and a football team it's full of Leeds.
Waving free scarfs I predict a riot, pitch invasion v Norwich, fuk off muppets .
Fair play to decent hull people who put them in their place.
Brewdog pub here we come happy days .
Just on a side note. You stayed in York with the Mrs a few weeks back, then last weekend stayed in Hull with your partner? Putting it about a bit mate.

Not down south, but their support is top class there’s no denying that
There are obviously Leeds fans in the south. But nothing compared to Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd and Liverpool. Guessing a wave of glory supporters have been choosing Man City over Spurs lately. But I call Social Services any time I see a kid in a Man City shirt (or PSG, Al-Nassr or Miami) south of Northampton.

They are the β€œregional club” for Yorkshire in the way Newcastle are for much of the North East. You can go 60 miles away from Leeds to the coast and pubs in Scarborough will have Leeds scarves behind the bar etc. Would be mad to think there were Blades strongholds that far away as us (and the pigs) have a very localised support.

They’ve also got remnants of 70s and early 90s glory hunters up and down the country. Used to have a big contingent in South Wales.

Pound for pound the most obnoxious set of fans in the country, many of whom alternate between rugby and football as their main interest depending on which side is doing better. As said above they have a propensity for crawling out of the woodwork that would put our friends across the city to shame. A big support but very much a second tier club and the fans haven’t got to grips with that reality.
I watched one of our games against them in a pub in south Wales with another Blade and it was full of Leeds fans. We lost too which was fun

Just on a side note. You stayed in York with the Mrs a few weeks back, then last weekend stayed in Hull with your partner? Putting it about a bit mate.
56 in a few weeks pal , decent job but upon age 55 I drew a quarter of my 4 pensions I've had since aged 18 back in 1986
We stayed 2 nights in york which I've been loads but my Mrs ain't.
We've done Edinburgh weekend which I've done loads but my Mrs ain't
Been to hull 2 weeks running we love it, done all museums in the old quarter, boat trip the lot we absolutely love the marina and old town area as so much investment there.
My favourite boozer aswell the minvera by the waterfront is the best I've ever been in
We will be back Friday then we off to makarska in Croatia, again I've been before I love it but the Mrs never been .

Few pics yesterday

Attachments

• 20240524_200744.jpg
    20240524_200744.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 146
  • 20240524_213102.jpg
    20240524_213102.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 147
  • 20240525_190435.jpg
    20240525_190435.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 136
  • 20240525_195037.jpg
    20240525_195037.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 127
  • 20240525_192706.jpg
    20240525_192706.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 126
  • 20240525_192557.jpg
    20240525_192557.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 125
  • 20240525_221417.jpg
    20240525_221417.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 147
Few more

Attachments

• 20240525_221343.jpg
    20240525_221343.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240525_221401.jpg
    20240525_221401.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 28
  • 20240525_202046.jpg
    20240525_202046.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20240525_191736.jpg
    20240525_191736.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 28
A few years ago, embarrassed to admit it, but I reluctantly agreed to accompany a Leeds fan friend of mine and another Blade to watch Leeds play Oldham in the league cup on a Tuesday night. Walking to the ground a mini bus passed us with a flag in the window with " Aylesbury Leeds supporters club ". This was in the eighties and they were obviously still milking the success of the seventies team FFS. I hate them all with a passion.

Just needs some phone numbers dishing out then this thread will be proper nawty
Was out with my Mrs fella bothering nobody but a few leeds decided to try ruin it .
I know more than enough people in life to sort shit out but I go out with my Mrs not groups of blokes .

Hi Stegosaurus here

Leeds fans have always been loud, obnoxious, uncouth, mouth-breathers without an ounce of class or decorum about them. Harping on about the good old days when they weren't utter dog shit and reminiscing about "what might have been" when they had a half decent team in the early 2000s.
This from a wednesday fan πŸ˜‚ Imagine being a weds fan and trying to call out another fanbase because they live in the past. At least Leeds have won something of note in the last 50 years, unlike your mob.

Leeds genuinely are a massive club in terms of support.

Wherever you go in the country the order of support always goes Man Utd, Liverpool and then Leeds.
I don’t get this at all. It baffles fuck out of me people actually believe this. Look at there averages 10 years ago when they were struggling. 21k in 2013/14. They were shutting top of the big stand just 8-9-10 years ago. They have easily the biggest catchment area in the uk and a city population of around 800k then most of W.Yorkshire and all of N. Yorks to pull support from. I don’t get the hype personally around there support it should be bigger tbh. I often think if Sheffield had 1 team how much bigger it would be than Leeds and it would be. I’m convinced of it

Leeds is a fucking one club city. Circa c50k watch football in Sheffield every fortnight (OK 3,500 of them are deluded and watch Wendy....) but the point is Leeds are a bunch of gobby fucking tossers and always have been.... who disappear when the going gets tough and 'rediscover' their love for the 'Rhinos' and working man's egg chasing. Then they reappear on full volume gobshite mode when they look like they might win summat. Fuck 'em. Hope we rip them and the pigs and everyone else in the Championsip limb from fucking limb next season.

UTB!!!!!!!

Christ, I feel better for that.
Huzzah!

T
I don’t get this at all. It baffles fuck out of me people actually believe this. Look at there averages 10 years ago when they were struggling. 21k in 2013/14. They were shutting top of the big stand just 8-9-10 years ago. They have easily the biggest catchment area in the uk and a city population of around 800k then most of W.Yorkshire and all of N. Yorks to pull support from. I don’t get the hype personally around there support it should be bigger tbh. I often think if Sheffield had 1 team how much bigger it would be than Leeds and it would be. I’m convinced of it

But the oft used β€œrugby town” claim - when it suits - affects things.

If you look at the highest/lowest attendances in the Championship/L1 they’re very much like the Grunters with varying attendances. Leeds drop heavily when there’s nothing to play for.

It seems they also have an ST waiting list in excess of 20k.

They are the β€œregional club” for Yorkshire in the way Newcastle are for much of the North East. You can go 60 miles away from Leeds to the coast and pubs in Scarborough will have Leeds scarves behind the bar etc. Would be mad to think there were Blades strongholds that far away as us (and the pigs) have a very localised support.

They’ve also got remnants of 70s and early 90s glory hunters up and down the country. Used to have a big contingent in South Wales.

Pound for pound the most obnoxious set of fans in the country, many of whom alternate between rugby and football as their main interest depending on which side is doing better. As said above they have a propensity for crawling out of the woodwork that would put our friends across the city to shame. A big support but very much a second tier club and the fans haven’t got to grips with that reality.

Leeds fans seem to have this weird personality disorder where they have to base their whole life around supporting Leeds, make sure to talk about Leeds as often as possible and also boast about how big and great their fanbase is. It's all a bit sad and boring if you ask me, but they seem to like it.

I've been at Elland Road when there's been less than 20K there before. I've also seen plenty of them crawl out the woodwork when Bielsa took over. Most football clubs are the same in that respect, but you'd think a club with such a huge fanbase would be an outlier.

T

But the oft used β€œrugby town” claim - when it suits - affects things.

If you look at the highest/lowest attendances in the Championship/L1 they’re very much like the Grunters with varying attendances. Leeds drop heavily when there’s nothing to play for.

It seems they also have an ST waiting list in excess of 20k.
I remember few years ago when bates was in charge there and every single midweek game at Elland rd there was Less than 20k and I remember saying to a Leeds fan who boozed down cliff at the time it’s because there support at weekends comes from all over place and they obviously can’t be arsed to travel to midweek matches . I’m telling ya there support for the size of city , catchment area 1 team etc is not as good as they’d have us all believe

A few years ago, embarrassed to admit it, but I reluctantly agreed to accompany a Leeds fan friend of mine and another Blade to watch Leeds play Oldham in the league cup on a Tuesday night. Walking to the ground a mini bus passed us with a flag in the window with " Aylesbury Leeds supporters club ". This was in the eighties and they were obviously still milking the success of the seventies team FFS. I hate them all with a passion.
When I was living in Maidenhead (1994-2004) and driving up to games I used to regularly see two coach loads of "Chiltern Whites" and various other coaches full of Leeds fans on southern parts of the M1 every time we were at home on the same days.

When I moved to Morley and was driving home from the Lane I would regularly see a convoy of coaches full of Leeds fans heading south on the other carriageway.

My daughter worked for many years in the Scarbrough Taps in Leeds and the Friday before every home game it was packed out with Leeds fans that had flown over from Scandanavia for the game.

They have supporters clubs running coaches from all over North Yorkshire, Harrogate, Scarborough, Brid etc and yes, some of them do actually come from, and still live in Leeds but a hell of a lot of them have no connection except that they're descended from the 70's glory hunters and wannabe top hooligan firm of those times.

I was talking about their fans to my wife who said that whenever there was a serious incident in the 70's the court reports hardly ever referred to someone that actually lived in Leeds and I reckon it's still much the same today.

Our next door but one is a Leeds fan and drove down to Wembley early yesterday full of it, saw him coming up the road at 11.15pm so went to put the bin out and asked him if he’d had a nice day…….he wasn’t very neighbourly in his response……I put it down to his 6hr drive home πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Back
Top Bottom