I hate Steve Claridge!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Caveblade

Reaction score
and the Football League show, we barely ever even rate a mention whilst Claridge drones on incessantly about Bornmouff and the MK Dons as though they are world beaters.

Meanwhile we go three points clear in 2nd having beaten a team with one of the best away records, convincingly, they don't bother to show Harrys missile at the end and the only mention is the fact that we got beaten by the MK Dons last week.

Droney nasal southerner who is so far up his own proverbial it is untrue, I hope we win the league just so I can see it sticking in his throat when he has to talk about us!

I think he knows his stuff. I've not watched last night's show yet but I don't think Claridge determines how much time we're on for.

He's told to talk about teams and he does, quite intelligently usually. Clem seems to love the "Bournemouth story" on the FL podcast too, but Claridge himself was slightly disparaging a few weeks ago

I agree he knows his stuff, it is more the way he puts the message across. I would have thought as an "Expert Summariser" he would have some say in which teams he wants to talk about.

i do like the league show,its a poor mans motd.
the presenter and that coloured bloke are ok,but claridge is and always has been a nobhead.
i agree with foxy,lets go about our buisness quietly.

The thing that winds me up about MOTD is the fact that its just so obvious that the commentary is put on after the event.

Can sort of understand it for MOTD2 with there being so many games, Paul Walker can't be in two places at the same time etc, but I think they should have live commentary for the premier league games.

I don't think claridge knows his stuff, compared to Peter Beagrie he knows nowt.

and the Football League show, we barely ever even rate a mention whilst Claridge drones on incessantly about Bornmouff and the MK Dons as though they are world beaters.

Meanwhile we go three points clear in 2nd having beaten a team with one of the best away records, convincingly, they don't bother to show Harrys missile at the end and the only mention is the fact that we got beaten by the MK Dons last week.

Droney nasal southerner who is so far up his own proverbial it is untrue, I hope we win the league just so I can see it sticking in his throat when he has to talk about us!

Well watching the show last night you would not have guessed we were 2nd in the league from what they were saying. If it was not for them having to show the league table I am not sure anyone would know.

MK plastic that team in 4th were being talked about as if they had just gone top of the league.

I do hate that programme, however the MK dons game was live on tv so they clearly watched and did their homework.

With regards to Bournemouth, they deserve a mention as they were in relegation zone and are now 8 unbeaten.

I have no problem with them not talking about United. It's just monotonous shite they spout, don't get me started on one of the commentators, not sure of his name but he is absolutely bobbar

Although Claridge is an arsehole, I thought he handled the Wilfred Zaha story well:

'What would be the point in selling him in January and wreck their promotion chances? He'll still be a great player at the end of the season.'

Memo to McCabe when any offer comes in for Harry.

Doesn't really bother me what claridge or anyone else says in the same way it didn't bother me that we were always last on motd and that radio Sheffield and the star are perceived as biased towards the grunters

I think some people get a little over expectant when we are doing well , I would say we are the biggest club in he league and are given coverage enough to represent that let's not get all MASSIVE

No one could be as bad as that bespectacled Northern Irishman on Sunday MOTD. Clem is irritating

I hate Nerys Hughes.

I can understand why Raul. She has absolutely no concept of a 4-3-1-2, and her defensive knowledge is limited.

.....and she drones on and on about Liverpool's European cup winning team of 1977........

Don't watch the programme, only Utd's highlights but did catch some of Claridge's comments. He made himself look an idiot when he said that Tranmere are the best team in League 1 right now, particularly as they have just lost to MK Dons and looked pretty poor in defeat, albeit by only a single goal. I would go so far as to say that Tranmere are top by default, we are only just getting into our stride, MKD also have much more to offer, Swindon will be there or thereabouts and Bournemouth are climbing the table steadily. Tranmere are not the form team anymore.

If he's reading from a script then he needs to do his homework not just repeat what the powers that be tell him.

He lives in a house called Wembley Heights in the middle of a field in Gosport ,all you need to know about that cock.

I'd rather they ignore us while we quietly go about getting out of league one.

He is a nob though :)

Never forgive the way he dismissed as laughable Jeff's question about whether United may be a bigger club than Portsmouth (when Warnock was considering walking out on his beloved Blades).

If he can be ignorant to such obvious facts then I struggle to take him seriously on anything else.

If he's reading from a script then he needs to do his homework not just repeat what the powers that be tell him.

Given the vacuousness of most of what he says, my suspicion is it's all Steve's own work, I can't imagine BBC journlists being quite so lame brained. In my view, whatever he gets paid is daylight robbery at the licence payers' expense.

He made himself look an idiot when he said that Tranmere are the best team in League 1 right now,

I don't think he actually said that. He said a great result away to league leaders Tranmere. To me that's a fact.

After the games so far. Tranmere ARE the best team in League 1, so even if he did say that. That's a fact too!

Back
Top Bottom