I hate football agents

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1000016450.jpg
From the original link, I now get this.

Think it's trying to tell me something...

Football agents are the biggest drag in football!

They should get to fuck!

Unless they’re helping us sign a new player obviously 👍

Agree....remember Billy Sharp at Leeds, regular there. 1 year left on his contract.
His boyhood clubs say they want him....what do Leeds do?
Force him to honour his contract or negotiate a release?

Imagine our reaction if Leeds had announced they were forcing Sharp to stay at Leeds?

What did we spend them on? Barely and players signed new contracts during that perios and the only players we signed on a permanent was Adam Davies and Anel. Was all of that for the loan signings?

Don't they get a share of the wages of the players they represent e.g. someone on 20k week with agent taking 3% = 31k a year? So will correlate with transfer activity (one-off agent fees) and wage bills (recurring agent fees).

Don't they get a share of the wages of the players they represent e.g. someone on 20k week with agent taking 3% = 31k a year? So will correlate with transfer activity (one-off agent fees) and wage bills (recurring agent fees).
We just seem to have spent an awful lot on not a lot.

We just seem to have spent an awful lot on not a lot.

Agent fees are basically just like a tax in football
Transfermarkt has likes of Preston and Wigan spending zero on both sales and purchases that season and yet both still pay >£1m in agent fees in that table ... not sure what's Reading's secret though!

End of the day, like any profession, there will be decent people and some complete cunts.

Jude Bellingham has just moved to Real Madrid for a fee over €100m. It’s laughable to expect a 20 year old to manage that transfer or even to expect his family to.

Some people need to get into the 21st century, football is a multi billion pound industry. Agents are needed! Hopefully the vast majority are good people and looking out for the best interests of their clients.

End of the day, like any profession, there will be decent people and some complete cunts.

Jude Bellingham has just moved to Real Madrid for a fee over €100m. It’s laughable to expect a 20 year old to manage that transfer or even to expect his family to.

Some people need to get into the 21st century, football is a multi billion pound industry. Agents are needed! Hopefully the vast majority are good people and looking out for the best interests of their clients.
And there is the rub, looking after their clients, not the clubs who employ their clients. Still don't have to like them though, they have been described as 'parasites on the game', 'Mr 20%' and various other derogatory comments, mainly by supporters of clubs who have had star players move on.

I think it’s interesting how closely that agent fees table matches the league table.
I don’t know much about agent fees but I guess the agent gets paid every time a players is bought, or loaned, or signs a new contract - so that agent fee table maybe shows better than full expenditure what a club is spending on players?

It looks to me like there are 2 big standout exceptions: CHELSEA and NOTTS FOREST who have spent big and their position is way lower than it should be, (Man U to a lesser extent, and Arsenal are higher - but likely to be overtaken when city play games in hand).

Everyone else is a maximum of 2 places above or below their rank in the agent spend table.

Previously I’d looked at someone like Bournemouth and thought they were doing pretty well for a club that doesn’t spend massively, but actually they’re the 9th highest spenders on agent fees, and their league position is … 10th.

It looks like everyone is playing to maybe finish a couple of places higher than their spend (huge success) and avoid dropping a couple of places lower (massive disaster) - which is all rather depressing.

E37AE91E-C085-4CED-8D14-EF4B755182AD.jpeg30F10B78-5059-4E52-8F8B-94AEB6906DF2.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom