I feel I need to say this about my club!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Well done to Nichole
Great stuff Nicole.

You can add Kaylee and Paul to the list of blades staff who deserve praise as well. Both went above and beyond for my family earlier in the year.

I'm also aware of a very positive response to a request for prizes for a charity fundraiser, organised by some friends from the West Midlands. They asked both city clubs for support, even though they are Wolves fans, but to their surprise, only got a response from one club.

I can't tell you how much I enjoyed their reaction.

I suffer from Anxiety. Sometimes it gets too much for me. The flamethrowers in the PL didn’t do me any favours. As a kid I pushed through. Anyone can suffer from it and it can come at any point in your life. Love stories like this as this is a great example of inclusivity. It’s not just nerves that lead to a situation like your daughters, is a full blown mental illness.

My coping method is to not get hung up on anything and plan my next steps at half-time and full-time.

I don't think I could love my club anymore than I do and this is why!

Recently I had to return to the UK for a family matter and managed to get three tickets to the Wigan game as my 9 year old daughter has always wanted to go. I got tickets in the family stand and thought that would be a nice place to start. After 15 years away I had forgotten how raucous BDTBL can be but I thought nothing of it, however as the tension was building before the game the noise started to rise as we were close to the Kop and I was loving it.

However this is where I started to realize my mistake, my daughter suffers from anxiety and is very susceptible to loud noises (yes Im an idiot for not thinking about this). I started to notice the warning signs but she was pushing through as she really wanted to be there. She managed to get through GCB but when Ndiaye bagged the opener the noise was too much for her and she broke down, my wife immediately took her to the concourse to if she could find some ear defenders. A lovely steward offered to let her out to go find some and stated he would let them back in (even though he knew he shouldn't).
Here is where an SUFC angel called Nicole stepped in after over hearing the conversation and stated she would see if she could help. She proceeded to not only take my wife and daughter to the Dr pitch side for a check up and some medication for her headache but she then whisked them of to the new Sensory room. Even though we were not even booked in she got my wife and daughter inside to experience the rest of the game. Bean bags, massive thick tinted windows, low lights the absolute works, what a wonderful idea by the club!

So while I was frantically texting my wife asking where were they and I was about to leave to find them I got a text back saying don't worry we are up by the executive boxes in a really nice room and we will see you after the game. :)

Nicole whoever you are we love you for what you did that day and you are a credit to the club, if anyone knows who this young lady is please let her know what she did that day will live with me forever. You take care of my child like that and make her issue your main concern at that moment is so absolutely touching to me, you will forever be in my debt!

...This is why I couldn't love my club anymore than I do!

I remember a long time ago, little blue cars lined up at the front of the family stand. The club has been doing good stuff for a long time, but this story shows the real progress we have made since the 60s.
Why are my old eyes leaking 🤷‍♂️

As I may have mentioned my daughter has ADHD and is reg disabled.

Money is tight so I'd broke the news we couldn't get ST

Today my wife rung the ticket office to check prices mentioned the adhd.

20 mins later a few documents emailed. They arranged me to go as my daughters carer for free.

Superb service SUFC.

If you're in a similar situation maybe give them a call.

I've not done the sensory room yet but have considered it

Last edited:
I don't think I could love my club anymore than I do and this is why!

Recently I had to return to the UK for a family matter and managed to get three tickets to the Wigan game as my 9 year old daughter has always wanted to go. I got tickets in the family stand and thought that would be a nice place to start. After 15 years away I had forgotten how raucous BDTBL can be but I thought nothing of it, however as the tension was building before the game the noise started to rise as we were close to the Kop and I was loving it.

However this is where I started to realize my mistake, my daughter suffers from anxiety and is very susceptible to loud noises (yes Im an idiot for not thinking about this). I started to notice the warning signs but she was pushing through as she really wanted to be there. She managed to get through GCB but when Ndiaye bagged the opener the noise was too much for her and she broke down, my wife immediately took her to the concourse to if she could find some ear defenders. A lovely steward offered to let her out to go find some and stated he would let them back in (even though he knew he shouldn't).
Here is where an SUFC angel called Nicole stepped in after over hearing the conversation and stated she would see if she could help. She proceeded to not only take my wife and daughter to the Dr pitch side for a check up and some medication for her headache but she then whisked them of to the new Sensory room. Even though we were not even booked in she got my wife and daughter inside to experience the rest of the game. Bean bags, massive thick tinted windows, low lights the absolute works, what a wonderful idea by the club!

So while I was frantically texting my wife asking where were they and I was about to leave to find them I got a text back saying don't worry we are up by the executive boxes in a really nice room and we will see you after the game. :)

Nicole whoever you are we love you for what you did that day and you are a credit to the club, if anyone knows who this young lady is please let her know what she did that day will live with me forever. You take care of my child like that and make her issue your main concern at that moment is so absolutely touching to me, you will forever be in my debt!

...This is why I couldn't love my club anymore than I do!
Best post ever made on this forum. Beautiful in absolutely every way

As I may have mentioned my daughter has ADHD and is reg disabled.

Money is tight so I'd broke the news we couldn't get ST

Today my wife rung the ticket office to check prices mentioned the adhd.

20 mins later a few documents emailed. They arranged me to go as my daughters carer for free.

Superb service SUFC.

If you're in a similar situation maybe give them a call.

I've not done the sensory room.ywt but have considered
Mate of a mate has dementia. He’s been a season ticket holder for years. The club give his carer a free ticket to accompany him to the game. His family take it in turns as most of them aren’t football fans. I think it is brilliant. Apparently he jokes that he needs them to go as afterwards he can’t remember what the score was or who we played.

Mate of a mate has dementia. He’s been a season ticket holder for years. The club give his carer a free ticket to accompany him to the game. His family take it in turns as most of them aren’t football fans. I think it is brilliant. Apparently he jokes that he needs them to go as afterwards he can’t remember what the score was or who we played.
My wife rang me I could have cried. Been a ST for years. But my daughter and me have a bond at BDTBL. It soothes her strangley...cos the twats stress me out 🤣🤣

It's bloody brilliant carers get in for free.

Sent an email to the club were all to quick to moan when things go up shit creek

This is a lovely story, thanks for sharing!

I've always felt it's a family club, and they go out of their way to help. Couple of examples...

I was helping with the PTA at my daughter's school, and we were doing a summer raffle. I emailed all the local clubs, and United were the only ones to reply, and give us some free tickets for a game of the winners choice.

I used to have a season ticket in the platinum suite with my Dad (he still goes, I don't currently sadly due to other commitments). He doesn't really drink, but does have an occasional whisky and ginger. First time we go they didn't have ginger so he settled for coke. We go the following week and the server says "ahh you're the man who wanted ginger, we've got some for you and put it aside". Sure, you pay more for the platinum suite, but they don't have to do this.

United is a business at the end of the day, and they don't have to do little things like these, and help your daughter, and all the other examples in this thread. But they DO, and that's what makes it more than a club. It makes it OUR club.

Back
Top Bottom