I don't give a fuck.........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Agree with everything said on here. Apathy is an insidious emotion that becomes hard to shift once it's taken hold.

The only way short term the club can influence this is by appointing the new manager ASAP and him using the remaining matches to build for next season.

If we can see a plan being put in place for the championship, different players being given a chance, different formations tried out we will all accept that.

What is unacceptable is the same players, the same formation and the same predictable results.
I was going to respond about how strongly I disagree with your views on apathy, but I couldn't be bothered.

It’s cos we’re shit and bottom and the crowd less games contribute a small way !
If we were on the same seasons as say Villa or Leeds we would be all over it and not wallowing in self pity

Without the fans it's shite
No matter who it is it's missing the interaction of players with fans.
Players aren't lifted by the crowd which has cost us the most as we needed that adrenalin rush to raise our players to compete against better players.
We've been laid bare as a team of so so players who can raise their game with backing

I've probably watched 5 neutral games this season from start to finish, which is most unlike me.
Over the past month or so I've enjoyed watching our youth teams and some championship games (just to gauge what we will be up against next year). I also did not have any reaction to the goals going in against us against leeds. I think I'd have been more annoyed if it were a preseason friendly

I didn't watch any of the Leeds game, not one minute. Here we are playing Leeds in the top flight and I couldn't be arsed! I honestly never thought it would get to this.

My other half saw that the game was on and couldn't believe I wasn't following it somewhere. I explained to her why, and said that we would either lose 1-0 or 2-1, having had about 2 shots all game. Turns out I wasn't far wrong

I didn't watch any of the Leeds game, not one minute. Here we are playing Leeds in the top flight and I couldn't be arsed! I honestly never thought it would get to this.

My other half saw that the game was on and couldn't believe I wasn't following it somewhere. I explained to her why, and said that we would either lose 1-0 or 2-1, having had about 2 shots all game. Turns out I wasn't far wrong
It’s because football is so much more than just the stuff that happens on the pitch. I love fan culture and at the moment we have zero of that.

.......about this season any more.

Season ticket holder for many years, and regular away day traveller, been there through thick and thin.

I realised earlier that I didn't know when the next game was, or who it was against, so thought I'd have a look later when I get round to it, and still haven't looked, and can't be bothered to find out either.

I've now got to the stage where I can't even be bothered to watch the football on TV, and yesterday I spent most of the second half asleep on the settee.

A sad indictment of where we are now, both with the Blades and with football in general due to the Covid crisis.

I hope things are relatively back to normal and I can get my Blades mojo back.
Same fella, never got into this season and the performances haven’t helped (stating the bleedin’ obvious). Hoping for a reboot next season including glorious 15:00 Satdi kick-offs with all the associated shenanigans (drinking).

Funnily enough I built my pc with red white and black components (yeah I'm that sad) but with white components not being so common (and more expensive) I added white led fans.
None of this rainbow malarkey though. :D

Almost snap, but I've gone full RGB retard, it's soooo pretty✨🌟⭐

I can't wait to be back but I guess getting a ticket will be a headache...

without looking right now , I genuinely couldn’t tell you who we play next. Don’t think I’ve ever not known!!

.......about this season any more.

Season ticket holder for many years, and regular away day traveller, been there through thick and thin.

I realised earlier that I didn't know when the next game was, or who it was against, so thought I'd have a look later when I get round to it, and still haven't looked, and can't be bothered to find out either.

I've now got to the stage where I can't even be bothered to watch the football on TV, and yesterday I spent most of the second half asleep on the settee.

A sad indictment of where we are now, both with the Blades and with football in general due to the Covid crisis.

I hope things are relatively back to normal and I can get my Blades mojo back.
Ditto!

When we are able to go back to the lane to watch United I wonder how many are going to bother? It might be losing the habit or finding other stuff to do but I reckon it will take a few years to get attendances back to a good level.
Conversely, after a season and a half away, fans might be chomping at the bit to get back to the Lane...It’s a difficult one to call.

I'm not bothered, I was really bothered, and we talked about a meteorite hitting and stopping the prem once we got in it. Never thinking we would.

It's every fucking time we get in this league, it is a bizarre situation..

A few years out for me, now a follower. Not a fan...

I very much do give a Fuck. All those years of misery, Robson, Weir, Adkins, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, losing at home to Fleetwood et al, followed by all those wonderful years when the above crimes were all paid and then some. All that pain, misery, elation and wonderment we've all invested in, now just washing down the plughole whilst we affect cool disinterest? Bollocks to that, I'm deeply saddened by the way everything has been tossed away and intensely angry with everyone - that's everyone - who's decision making has brought the fucking lot crashing down at out feet.

Now, Not Being Bovvered is probably a defence mechanism people are using - probably better to pretend it's not happening rather than deal with it on top of the year we've all suffered in varying degrees from, but what is going on right now is going to have a massive bearing on the course the club charts for the next five years. If you care - and you all do - pull your chins up and climb back in the car. Our influence and investment may not matter on paper, but it will make sure we never again sleepwalk like we have this season.

Get motivated. Get behind the club, the owners, the new management and the new players, but always always always call them all out when they are letting things slide.

I very much do give a Fuck. All those years of misery, Robson, Weir, Adkins, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, losing at home to Fleetwood et al, followed by all those wonderful years when the above crimes were all paid and then some. All that pain, misery, elation and wonderment we've all invested in, now just washing down the plughole whilst we affect cool disinterest? Bollocks to that, I'm deeply saddened by the way everything has been tossed away and intensely angry with everyone - that's everyone - who's decision making has brought the fucking lot crashing down at out feet.

Now, Not Being Bovvered is probably a defence mechanism people are using - probably better to pretend it's not happening rather than deal with it on top of the year we've all suffered in varying degrees from, but what is going on right now is going to have a massive bearing on the course the club charts for the next five years. If you care - and you all do - pull your chins up and climb back in the car. Our influence and investment may not matter on paper, but it will make sure we never again sleepwalk like we have this season.

Get motivated. Get behind the club, the owners, the new management and the new players, but always always always call them all out when they are letting things slide.
But its cool not to bothered and not watch us. Looks like were not one of the cool kids.

Sat with our lass (no football fan) on the sofa watching some shite on TV. She piped up, “ain’t the match is on in 10 minutes.”
I genuinely turned to her and said...What match?

If you live by the sword you die by the sword. Dont give up. Watching this shower of shit is character building stuff ✊

I feel like a proportion of our fan base are leaning on the effects of the Covid landscape, which seemingly excuses them for being a mardy cunt. Support your club through thick and thin you wet wipes.

If you live by the sword you die by the sword. Dont give up. Watching this shower of shit is character building stuff ✊
I think we've been over filled with character based on...well forever!

In all seriousness, my interest in football has died off with not being able to go and watch any game of any sort. If the Blades are away or on TV at a silly time then I'd have found another game to watch, whether that's a neutral game on TV or at a ground somewhere local that isn't Leeds or Wednesday. I'd normally be all over Super Sunday or whatever might be on but I couldn't care less about it at the moment.

If it wasn't for Cricket and Rugby League being back on, I'd have cancelled Sky Sports long ago.

Back
Top Bottom