I don't give a fuck.........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Zipwire

Reaction score
.......about this season any more.

Season ticket holder for many years, and regular away day traveller, been there through thick and thin.

I realised earlier that I didn't know when the next game was, or who it was against, so thought I'd have a look later when I get round to it, and still haven't looked, and can't be bothered to find out either.

I've now got to the stage where I can't even be bothered to watch the football on TV, and yesterday I spent most of the second half asleep on the settee.

A sad indictment of where we are now, both with the Blades and with football in general due to the Covid crisis.

I hope things are relatively back to normal and I can get my Blades mojo back.

Right there with you. I watch all our games, cos I feel some sense of obligation to do so, but in reality, I no longer care what happens in these games.

I am also a ST holder of many years, and I do feel sad that it's come to this. Would I care more if I was going to all the home games? Maybe, but I strongly suspect I would still be largely apathetic at the moment.

Edit to add: I feel really sad that seeing united lose doesn't upset me like it used to. When we (predictably) lose now, I just shrug it off and go about my day. Previously a loss would ruin my whole weekend. Now it's just "meh, we lost again, move on." It's sad.

I love going to matches and I really like watching football int' pub.

However, when I'm at home, there's a million things I'd rather be doing than watching football on the telly.

Season ticket holder for many years, and regular away day traveller, been there through thick and thin.

I realised earlier that I didn't know when the next game was, or who it was against, so thought I'd have a look later when I get round to it, and still haven't looked, and can't be bothered to find out either.

I've now got to the stage where I can't even be bothered to watch the football on TV, and yesterday I spent most of the second half asleep on the settee.

A sad indictment of where we are now, both with the Blades and with football in general due to the Covid crisis.

Yesterday was the day I think I hit that point, too.

I’ve “stuck with it” all season—meaning, I’ve watched or listened to every game (except one, when I was working), sometimes on my own when necessary. I’ve stayed pissed off when we’ve lost, been chuffed when we’ve won, and been up and down throughout every game. Not in the same measure as being in grounds. But I’ve still felt more or less plugged into the season.

Yesterday, when their goals went in I barely shrugged. At final whistle, I just turned it off and cracked on. Having lost to fucking dirty Leeds. Again. Not being much bothered about THAT ... is not right! Can’t say I felt too proud of myself.

The season has been an utter shit show from Week 1, but it’s difficult to escape the feeling that we’re just going through the motions now. Interim manager who doesn’t seem to want the job (for good or ill), players who seem to have given up—well, some of them anyway.

I really think it’s important that we get the new manager/staff in as soon as possible. Apathy is like rust. Very hard to shift when it takes hold.

Arsenal next Sunday you drama queen.

I’ve “stuck with it” all season—meaning, I’ve watched or listened to every game (except one, when I was working), sometimes on my own when necessary. I’ve stayed pissed off when we’ve lost, been chuffed when we’ve won, and been up and down throughout every game. Not in the same measure as being in grounds. But I’ve still felt more or less plugged into the season.

Yesterday, when their goals went in I barely shrugged. At final whistle, I just turned it off and cracked on. Having lost to fucking dirty Leeds. Again. Not being much bothered about THAT ... is not right! Can’t say I felt too proud of myself.

The season has been an utter shit show from Week 1, but it’s difficult to escape the feeling that we’re just going through the motions now. Interim manager who doesn’t seem to want the job (for good or ill), players who seem to have given up—well, some of them anyway.

I really think it’s important that we get the new manager/staff in as soon as possible. Apathy is like rust. Very hard to shift when it takes hold.
Chuffinell! Old Princey's next investment may have to be a majority holding in the Hammerite factory rather than a club in the Latvian 3rd division!😂😂😂

I’m not sure if United are unusual in this but we’ve generally gone into the last few games of the season with something to play for, be that going up/down, playoffs or a title.

This year, we’ve known our fate for months. At the moment, we’re all in limbo cos we don’t know who the manager and players are going to be next season.

Its going to be an interesting close season that’s for sure.

Haven't been able to watch a single game all season. Tried for about 10 minutes early on (can't even remember who it was against!) but football without supporters, be that at the game OR on TV, just feels false and like some kind of pre-season friendly taking place. Football without the fans is, well, it's just bollox really isn't it?! Can't fucking wait to be back at the Lane!!

I’m sorry it’s taken you until now to feel this way. I took this approach a good two months back for the sake of my own mental well-being.

When we are able to go back to the lane to watch United I wonder how many are going to bother? It might be losing the habit or finding other stuff to do but I reckon it will take a few years to get attendances back to a good level.
My brother in law came around yesterday to drop some Easter gifts in for the kids. He’s deluded to the max, full on pig, never missed a game in 20 years, pigshit crazy.

Even he said that having not been to pig games for such a long time he’s realised that there are other things to life.

He’s the last person I’d expect to have said that. However, when we can go back he’ll change his tune and go full metal pig again.

If I hadn't started doing the watchalongs on the Sheff United Way YouTube channel I'd be right there with you. They've kept me going, it's a cracking little Blades community. The football is secondary and the banter is flying. Closest I've felt to being at the Lane. Also helps my mood after a defeat and others have said it's been important for their mental health which has meant a lot to me.

My brother in law came around yesterday to drop some Easter gifts in for the kids. He’s deluded to the max, full on pig, never missed a game in 20 years, pigshit crazy.

Even he said that having not been to pig games for such a long time he’s realised that there are other things to life.

He’s the last person I’d expect to have said that. However, when we can go back he’ll change his tune and go full metal pig again.
Dont fall for that shit mate,where just lucky them twats are in the shit like us,only thing keeping me going them losing .UTB.

I overclocked my lads pc through the whole of the second half yesterday, and some more.
I also think the players would rather be overclocking a pc, which is why I've given up on slating individual performances. They're all running 3.5Ghz stock I bet. Stock fan. No overclocked performances.
Bring on next season and 4.7Ghz with added watercooling. Rgb. And shit.

Not watched a game of ours since Leeds at home, realised closed doors footy is shit, not missed it really, I don't even think ill be bothered when normal returns if the rigmarole involves vaccine passports, one way systems and distancing.

Have also kicked the booze so even that won't be an excuse to go.

Haven't been able to watch a single game all season. Tried for about 10 minutes early on (can't even remember who it was against!) but football without supporters, be that at the game OR on TV, just feels false and like some kind of pre-season friendly taking place. Football without the fans is, well, it's just bollox really isn't it?! Can't fucking wait to be back at the Lane!!

Likewise.

I've never subscribed to SKY but during the first lockdown, I used one of the '2 free Now TV passes' that the club arranged for season-ticket holders, to watch the 'Project Re-start' opener at Vila. What an awful imitation of football. I didn't use the second free pass.

The only other match I've watched in the last 12 months, was the Cup game against Bristol City, which, again, was soul-destroying.

How very typical that we should get back to the 'Promised Land' after 12 years away, and be allowed to enjoy it for a measly 28 proper games, before being dumped back with the also-rans as a result of some contrived television driven charade stripped of the essential elements of professional football.

It's crap isn't it?

I'm usually keen as mustard but I didn't even watch the Leeds game and just got up and went for a walk when lunny got sent off at Brighton.

Hoping to be back at the lane, buzzing for next season.

Like others, I watch the games out of habit now, rather than looking forward to it; as I have done for all of my life. The TV show that football has become has taken all the most pleasurable aspects of football, away. Throw it into the mix that our performances have by and large, been diabolical and it’s little wonder there’s so much apathy among the ranks of the forum.

Our next game is on my birthday. I won’t be ruining it by watching us play the same game we’ve played for 90% of the past year.

Football without fans = shite.

Berlin derby yesterday, I would usually watch it, tuned in for 5 mins and it didn’t hold my attention.

I overclocked my lads pc through the whole of the second half yesterday, and some more.
I also think the players would rather be overclocking a pc, which is why I've given up on slating individual performances. They're all running 3.5Ghz stock I bet. Stock fan. No overclocked performances.
Bring on next season and 4.7Ghz with added watercooling. Rgb. And shit.

It's all about the rainbow lights.

Completely agree. I think many clubs will be in for a shock. People simply aren't going to go back straight away in the numbers they were before the pandemic. There are many reasons. Circumstances have changed for many including loss of income and loss of interest.

When we are able to go back to the lane to watch United I wonder how many are going to bother? It might be losing the habit or finding other stuff to do but I reckon it will take a few years to get attendances back to a good level.

I’m with you about yesterday, it was totally unlike losing to those scum bags in “real life”. No banter from my Leeds mates either which is not usual. The sooner we can get back to proper football with fans there the better because I’m struggling to give a fuck about football at the moment. The fact that United are so bloody awful and are directionless just adds to my lack of interest. Previously when we’ve been shit at least we’ve had the release of shouting our lungs out at the game then dissecting it at the pub afterwards.

Agree with everything said on here. Apathy is an insidious emotion that becomes hard to shift once it's taken hold.

The only way short term the club can influence this is by appointing the new manager ASAP and him using the remaining matches to build for next season.

If we can see a plan being put in place for the championship, different players being given a chance, different formations tried out we will all accept that.

What is unacceptable is the same players, the same formation and the same predictable results.

Agree with everything said on here. Apathy is an insidious emotion that becomes hard to shift once it's taken hold.

The only way short term the club can influence this is by appointing the new manager ASAP and him using the remaining matches to build for next season.

If we can see a plan being put in place for the championship, different players being given a chance, different formations tried out we will all accept that.

What is unacceptable is the same players, the same formation and the same predictable results.
What manager is gonna come in now to immediately have a relegation not of their doing on their cv?

It's all about the rainbow lights.
Funnily enough I built my pc with red white and black components (yeah I'm that sad) but with white components not being so common (and more expensive) I added white led fans.
None of this rainbow malarkey though. :D

Back
Top Bottom