I didn't want him back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

The way Hamer was moving the ball about on Saturday was sublime, as a team we actually looked like we might belong in this league…Just hope it’s not too late.

After watching the last two matches, I really think we can at least give anybody a good game.

We looked like a real football team, actually doing all the things a real football team should do.

I thought it was a backward step but We have looked a lot more organised and competitive in the two games

We can only say it’s a success though if we

1. Avoid an embarrassing total.. get to more than 20 points would do

And

2. Are promotion contenders next season.

No one can save us from relegation now unless there. Is a miracle but achieving no 1 on the above list looked impossible two weeks ago

At least we only need 4 points now to be safe from Derby's record. I've no doubt we'll get more than Derby under Wilder. Under Hecky it was a potential, arguably a guarantee that we would set the new record. If we go down now, at least we'll unlikely go down without a fight and without embarassing ourselves, which is all I want.
Didn't we get 23 points in the awful covid season? This team is better IMO and we had 2 points at this stage.

Wilder just looks like a new man, compared to what we saw in his last season, and the bits I saw from Watford.
I liked the fact that he managed to call out the bad ref decisions without sounding like Warnock mk2 (which is what non-Blades and the national media seem to want him to be).
His enthusiasm and good humour is infectious isn’t it? Jesus, they even managed to be mildly positive about us on Match of the Day for a change.
I hope he keeps this up, and that the league doesn’t drag him down again.

It's not about being proved wrong for me, we should all realise what we're going to get from CWAK etc is what we've seen before..

I know we all know that we can't compete financially in this division, so we need to be fighting, pressing, and working for the 90 leave it all on the pitch and make up some of the quality gap that way, level the playing field as much as we can through the decent players we have giving a higher work rate.

Luton are having a right go, haven't been pummelled yet I don't think, they were in the game with Arsenal last week and Man City yesterday they played like we did when we came up under wilder last time just giving100% from kick off..

Edit : I'm behind him cause he's the manager, hope he sorts out some of those mysteries in the treatment room, hope the interviews ask about Jebbo and whats with him..
Its great we have got some of the bite back and the win last Saturday for us was crucial. But like Luton although you can't see many putting 3 away against Arsenal this season or scoring 3 and still managing to lose. Performances don't count unless points are on the board. We have to keep the momentum going and see where it takes us.

His enthusiasm and good humour is infectious isn’t it? Jesus, they even managed to be mildly positive about us on Match of the Day for a change.

I heard him being interviewed on Radio 4 on monday and he just comes across so well. There was a female presenter and she seemed quite taken with him after the interview.

I have nothing but kind words for Hecky and loved last season, but I think Wilder gives us a bit of character for the country to identify with rather than just being a relegation team. Even when we go down ( I can't say if quite yet...) people will remember us this season like they do with the 2019 season.

True, but I couldn't imagine John Harris or Jimmy Sirrell saying it either.

To be fair never mattered what Jimmy said, could never understand a fucking word anyway.

Anyone with access to programs from his time in charge should re-visit them just for the joy of the Managers Notes and the complete disregard for the English language.

As for CW. Believe wholeheartedly in the "never go back" mantra but more than happy to see him put it to bed.

Back
Top Bottom