I didn't want him back

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Flumps

Reaction score
Will fully admit I wasn't a fan of Wilders appointment, genuinely saw it as a step back and I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but 2 games in it's looking like I was wrong, I'm sure there's more out there.

Perhaps he wants to right the shit way he left the club? Prove a point to us or himself, god knows but he's put some fight in those lads and within 2 games he's managed a positive performance against Liverpool, 3 points and (I think) the first clean sheet?

Does it make me fucking sad that seeing us win today was slightly emotional? It was like being a few years back!

Will fully admit I wasn't a fan of Wilders appointment, genuinely saw it as a step back and I don't want to get too far ahead of ourselves but 2 games in it's looking like I was wrong, I'm sure there's more out there.

Perhaps he wants to right the shit way he left the club? Prove a point to us or himself, god knows but he's put some fight in those lads and within 2 games he's managed a positive performance against Liverpool, 3 points and (I think) the first clean sheet?

Does it make me fucking sad that seeing us win today was slightly emotional? It was like being a few years back!
Ditto

Fully agree and echo what you’ve said. I equally didn’t want him back, but I’m more than happy to eat humble pie.

Feel exactly the same buddy

I've gone from thinking it's desperate, to it just being a bit weird, to it being fan-fucking-tastic and giving me those giddy vibes from his first time round here in the space of four days.

I was in the same club. Didn’t think it was the way to move the side forward & felt like harking back to the past was the wrong move.

Changed my opinion as soon as I saw his interviews. Small sample size, but we’re a different animal now.

Say it quietly, but it feels a bit like 2019 all over again 👀

He is the man and was always the man.. but regardless of who got the job can everyone see now that Hecky was clueless and way out of his depth at this level, the amount of people who still wanted him in the job week after week because “Pep couldn’t do any better” was astounding… I get wound up thinking about why we didn’t get rid months ago.

I wanted him back ( all things club and squad considered) but thought it wouldn't make a difference to our survival.

I probably still think the same. We weren't great today we just had fight. A fight that had leaked away after the 8 nil. It's back now. Let's bloody a few other noses

got more points tonight than we would have in the remaining 23 under Hecky and for that I’m thankful.

Also thought it was a lazy appointment but that’ll do for me what we saw today!

Agree with that. Haven't felt that final whistle high for a while and I include the Wolves victory in that.

This felt different. Every player played with pride and with direction and that is clearly down to the new management team.

Bogle (who was great today) was frequently dragged out of position (I think he was instructed to follow Wissa when Brentford were in possession) and McAtee seamlessly slotted into right back. Loads of similar examples today.

We played and fought as a team; a well-coached and well-prepared team.

Full credit to Wilder and the coaching staff.

We’ve got Wilder Mk1, the guy that took us up and kept us up.
Not Mk2, the mardy arse that jumped ship

Wasn’t a fan of the idea, but fuck it, I’m gonna say it

WE CAN STAY UP

7 days ago that would have been a ridiculous notion, but the attitude and commitment is there now

Thank you Chris Wilder for restoring some pride to the team

Notable mention to PA for been big enough to bring him back, most owner egos wouldn’t allow it, respect.

There's a long way to go and we've not got an easy December.

Forest are the target, not Everton. We're 6 points behind, however Forest have 1 win in 11 and they've lost 4 of their last 5.

December

Forest v Spurs
Forest v Bournemouth
Newcastle v Forest
Forest v Man Utd

They've also not got the easiest month. Bournemouth have shown recently that they're better than where they are in the table. Their most winnable game will be Man Utd bizarrely. If they lose the next two home games then the fans are going to turn on John Merrick.

He is the man and was always the man.. but regardless of who got the job can everyone see now that Hecky was clueless and way out of his depth at this level, the amount of people who still wanted him in the job week after week because “Pep couldn’t do any better” was astounding… I get wound up thinking about why we didn’t get rid months ago.
Out of his depth perhaps but I have sympathy for him. Spine of his team removed before a ball kicked, sickening defeat at Spurs, the horrible Maddie Cusack situation followed by the Newcastle game where the whole club was clearly still in shock. Unlucky v both Manc clubs, and clearly a broken man and a broken team by the time Bournemouth and Burnley results occurred. We needed a change but who knows, only 9 mins injury time v Spurs and maybe we're in a different place. Good to see the fight back under Wilder but doesn't mean we need to slate Hecky.

I wanted him back ( all things club and squad considered) but thought it wouldn't make a difference to our survival.

I probably still think the same. We weren't great today we just had fight. A fight that had leaked away after the 8 nil. It's back now. Let's bloody a few other noses
Sorry Berkshire, but i thought we played very well and showed more than just fight. We had good chances and our pressing was great. Nice to see us having a go and nice to see Wilder giving young fit and eager lads a chance. So refreshing.

Sorry Berkshire, but i thought we played very well and showed more than just fight. We had good chances and our pressing was great. Nice to see us having a go and nice to see Wilder giving young fit and eager lads a chance. So refreshing.
I thought Archer showed something he hasn't shown much of outside the box but it was more a up for it fighting energy than quality that did it for us today. We probably should have had a couple more if we were a little cooler in the final moment. Today was all about the attitude. Not knocking it whatsoever it was thoroughly enjoyable!

Out of his depth perhaps but I have sympathy for him. Spine of his team removed before a ball kicked, sickening defeat at Spurs, the horrible Maddie Cusack situation followed by the Newcastle game where the whole club was clearly still in shock. Unlucky v both Manc clubs, and clearly a broken man and a broken team by the time Bournemouth and Burnley results occurred. We needed a change but who knows, only 9 mins injury time v Spurs and maybe we're in a different place. Good to see the fight back under Wilder but doesn't mean we need to slate Hecky.
Mate that is the reason why he was in the job longer than he should have been, people making excuses for him. He was so far out of his depth it’s unreal and Wilder has shown that in only two games his tactics, organisation, shape, in game management are a world apart from Hecky.

Top top post.

I get where you're coming from but I've no sympathy for Hecky for the football played. Off field, yes. On field, no.

Why couldn't he do what Wilder has done and instill positivity and an attacking mentality into the same group of players? You can either lick your wounds from losing Berge and Ndiaye, or you can get on with the job. Hecky ran scared of every single team home and away. He set up negatively and got us to play like a League Two team in a cup game against a Premier League team. Ultimately his poor team selections, stubborn, poor limited tactics and lack of a plan B, arguably a plan A too, cost him his job.

Good coach. Not a manager. Last season flattered him as we got promoted in a very poor Championship. Granted he still had to win matches and helped us from financial troubles, but football wise the matches were as dull and poor to watch as when Blackwell was in charge.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom