Huddersfield, Preston, Millwall, Blackpool, Forest...

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Kozzy_is_my_Dad

No excuses, no dickheads.
Reaction score
Forest
Blackpool
Barnsley (almost!)
Millwall
Preston
Huddersfield

That's 13 points dropped from winning or drawing positions within the last quarter of an hour of matches, several around the 90 minute mark. It simply isn't good enough.

Tactically and positionally we look weak at the back. We lack any presence, generally or in the air. We ought to be the dick swinging big boys of the division, not willing to give anyone so much as a sniff of a chance, with all the presence of an ex-PL side. Fulham and WBA are much more along these lines. We're anything but, we're a soft touch, we're disorganised and other sides know it and fancy their chances against us. We're soft as shit and it's embarrassing.

Well done Bash, for leading and sharing the row after the Forest match. You need leaders on the pitch and in the changing room and he's 110% that, he won't stand for any shit, any lack of bottle and he'll hold others to task. This lot need far more grit and fire in their bellies, this is a start. If they had an ounce of the fight, quality and consistency he brings, we'd be better off.

I'd personally revert back to 3 CBs, to shore things up at the back, and bring some overloads back in on the flanks, in the absence of CMs who perform consistently (either in creating chances or shielding the back 4). I know I keep banging on about it, but I'm going to continue doing so, until we have better squad options at our disposal 😁

Forest
Blackpool
Barnsley (almost!)
Millwall
Preston
Huddersfield

That's 13 points dropped from winning or drawing positions within the last quarter of an hour of matches, several around the 90 minute mark. It simply isn't good enough.

Tactically and positionally we look weak at the back. We lack any presence, generally or in the air. We ought to be the dick swinging big boys of the division, not willing to give anyone so much as a sniff of a chance, with all the presence of an ex-PL side. Fulham and WBA are much more along these lines. We're anything but, we're a soft touch, we're disorganised and other sides know it and fancy their chances against us. We're soft as shit and it's embarrassing.

Well done Bash, for leading and sharing the row after the Forest match. You need leaders on the pitch and in the changing room and he's 110% that, he won't stand for any shit, any lack of bottle and he'll hold others to task. This lot need far more grit and fire in their bellies, this is a start. If they had an ounce of the fight, quality and consistency he brings, we'd be better off.

I'd personally revert back to 3 CBs, to shore things up at the back, and bring some overloads back in on the flanks, in the absence of CMs who perform consistently (either in creating chances or shielding the back 4). I know I keep banging on about it, but I'm going to continue doing so, until we have better squad options at our disposal 😁

Fully agree with the fact we are soft, lack leaders and seem mentally weak.

However, moving to 3 at the back doesn't sure things up of you've got player making individual mistakes. It also means we have to change the rest of the formation away from 4231, this isn't going to happen. We also aren't gonna see a return overlapping centre halves, this ship has sailed.

We've appointed a manager with a philosophy, with fairly specific ideas on how to play, one who seemingly wants to drive genuine change in the way the team play. He's mentioned 'the process' in nearly every interview, he's not going to default on this. Playing a different way to his vision and simply trying to get the best out of the squad in the short term isn't what Jokanovic is about, if we wanted that from a manager hire Warnock or Pulis or someone like that.

Back
Top Bottom