Horsfield return?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

What's the problem with Horsefield, he's a proven goal scorer that fell out with Warnock. If he could score goals for us he should be brought back. And i don't buy the fact that he looked disinterested in a match so needs to be sold, if we shipped out everyone that looked disinterested in a match pretty much everyone bar Hulse would be gone.

I dont think that he can offer us anything that we dont already have, the problem is that we have paid a stupid transfer fee and he is also probably on the kind of wages that he wont get anywhere else...i fear we are stuck with him.

BV said:
What's the problem with Horsefield, he's a proven goal scorer that fell out with Warnock. If he could score goals for us he should be brought back. And i don't buy the fact that he looked disinterested in a match so needs to be sold, if we shipped out everyone that looked disinterested in a match pretty much everyone bar Hulse would be gone.

Where has he been a proven goalscorer? I don't buy that we should be giving him a chance in side.

He's scored goals at every level, with every club he's been at. I think whilst we're struggling for goals we should explore every avenue available.

BV said:
He's scored goals at every level, with every club he's been at. I think whilst we're struggling for goals we should explore every avenue available.

As has Akinbiyi, but should we be playing him??
Horsefields scoring record in prem is nothing to be proud of, 3 goals in 29 (West Brom) appearances is by no means good.

5 for 34 appearances (brum) is not much better either.

NOOOOOOOO!!!! Horsfield can get lost after the shit he stirred up, he had his chance but failed to take it, and is it me or do I sense a bit of hypocriticism in his words when he said he wasn't happy he wasn't being selected, yet when he first signed he said "There's a lot of good strikers here, I know I won't be guaranteed a starting place and I will fight for my place."?

He can go and he hasnt been a proflific goal scorer. He scored 15 goals over 3 years nearly at west brom. Best thing we can do is sell him really.

BV said:
What on earth are you on about?

He scored naff all for West Brom in the prem. No better than what he have.

He scored rather alot at the start of his career but that was mostly at lower league level. Then since he left wigan he has been far from prolific at scoring.

I think that a combination of his poor attitude, poor recent form, lack of success at the top level and the financial burden that he places on the club all contribute to the fact that he has to go...my fear is that these same reasons will prevent anyone from taking him.

All I'm saying is that we're not scoring goals at the moment, so we shouldn't rule out any option we have.

And Hulse's scoring record at West Brom, that was great wasn't it, yet he's seen in a messianic light here.

Horsefield was a good player before he came, I don’t think falling out with Warnock should be the reason we rule him out completely. What people believe they know about what happened behind the scenes makes me laugh.

uuuoi.jpg

I've just spent ten minutes of my life that I will never get back wondering if Horsfield is the only Geoff I have seen playing for United (since 1980). My conclusion is that he is.

I've just spent ten minutes of my life that I will never get back wondering if Horsfield is the only Geoff I have seen playing for United (since 1980). My conclusion is that he is.
You'd have seen this Jeff.
d451086cb2b39763e62594d563d2d159.jpgIt was also nice to see a picture of Lou Carpenter pop up.

John Ebbrell, we signed him when he had a broken leg or some serious ongoing injury. Our worst signing.

Back
Top Bottom