Honesty, I am past caring now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Stretch

A member of approximately average size.
Reaction score
Seeing the news on Slav, and I can't even muster up the energy to be angry.

This club has just sucked the life out of my interest, in the same way as we are
a fucking graveyard for both talented managers and exciting players.

What a balls up and quite staggering from where we were not long ago. At the same time, utterly predictable.

This club has just sucked the life out of my interest, in the same way as we are

What a balls up and quite staggering from where we were not long ago. At the same time, utterly predictable.

Some things never really change at Bramall Lane.

It might be the start of a bright new future …… 🤣🤣🤣

Sheffield United have literally put me off football haha

Can barely be arsed to see us now. I listen to away matches on the radio or just check my phone every 30 minutes because it's less painful.

Don't even watch other games because it just reminds me of how cack we are.

Might look back on this as a kneejerk reaction (I hope), but I don't see us doing anything of note now for 4/5 years, at least.

I feel exactly the same Stretch, completely lost my enthusiasm for the game, what with shit KO times, poor refs etc, I can't face another rebuild.
After 30 years of having a season ticket I'm beginning to feel I'm wasting my money. ⚔️

Hecky on a 4 and a half year deal when he wasn't good enough in the summer, the board has lost it totally.

Good post…..when you put it like that….there’s not much you can say.

The board must have been considering PH but thought it was too much of a risk.
So they showed ambition and went for Slav, a manager who has been promoted with both Fulham and Watford.

They now realise they made a mistake, need a change and gone with what they know…instead of relying on an outsider with a big reputation and good track record.

Hecky on a 4 and a half year deal when he wasn't good enough in the summer, the board has lost it totally.

I believe there’s a good explanation why Heggie has got such a long deal.

His arguement would be his currently Academy manager and could be in paid employment at SU for 10 years.

So even if they treble his money with a 2 year contract he’d say he’ll be financially worse off because when he’s sacked he’ll not be returning as Academy manager.

So he needs a big retirement package so when he is sacked he’s under no pressure to find another job elsewhere.

Agree with the OP about being a graveyard for talent or previous successes.

Also agree with a comment on another thread about us being parochial.

Unfortunately the fans play a part in this too as a collective.

Quite depressing how many fans only seem to like locals and how many times do you hear comments like, 'he wasn't right for us' 'we're not about that'

The main thing we're not about is being a remotely successfully football club who barely punches their own weight apart from once every decade or two.

I believe there’s a good explanation why Heggie has got such a long deal.

His arguement would be his currently Academy manager and could be in paid employment at SU for 10 years.

So even if they treble his money with a 2 year contract he’d say he’ll be financially worse off because when he’s sacked he’ll not be returning as Academy manager.

So he needs a big retirement package so when he is sacked he’s under no pressure to find another job elsewhere.

Half empty Harry!!

Can’t go into contract negotiations with ….‘for when I fail and get sacked’

See your point tho

Personally I would have said to him

“Your an employee of SUFC, 1st team manager till May, 5 grand a week uplift.

We intend to hire in the summer, you move back to u21’s…. Your time to prove us wrong’

PH gets job security, and a big carrot
PA gets space to see who’s available at season end/how PH has done

Does seem a bit of a lame appt, Carrick on interim basis at OT is fine, but imagine if they gave him a 4.5 yr deal

Given the history of United managererial appointments, I think the managers for the rest of my life will be as follows:
Crap manager, crap manager, crap manager, Billy Sharp (Bladey Blade bounce takes us to Premier League before we implode), crap, manager, crap manager, crap manager, Zak Brunt (Bladey Blade bounce takes us to the Premier League before we implode), crap manager, crap manager, I die of old age.

I was past caring. Then I heard it was Heck and I almost found it funny. Then I saw the arrogant press conference from our board - Yusuf, Abdul and Bettis & now I feel a bit angry at these muppets destroying the club.

The Prince is an absolute coward too going into hiding as soon as things get tough. Absolute disgrace of an owner and as a bloke. Phipps and co. banged on about him being this top fella with principles, morals Yadda Yadda... he's a snake.

Back
Top Bottom