Hendersons sausage rolls

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Are you taking the piss?

Fries.

Copycat-McDonalds-French-Fries-.jpg

Chips.

chip.jpg
I could sexy wee at the second photo there.

Surely fries are much narrower?
I think people think that thin chips are called fries because most American fast food outlets sell thin chips and call them fries because that’s what Americans call chips. I’ve eaten chips many times in America and have had thin ones as sold in KFC, MacDonalds etc and had fat ones the same as you get from a chip shop. They’re all called fries no matter what shape they are. They could be amphibious landing craft shape to quote Basil Fawlty and they’d still be fries in the USA and chips here.

Massively over priced at £4.50 but they're pretty damn good!

Jeez. I've not had one, but £4.50 for a chuffin sausage roll is ridiculous. But if people will buy 'em, they'll sell 'em.
Why would anyone with half a brain buy a sausage roll that costs £4.50???
But … they’re Henderson’s and have a Utd badge

I had one of the sausage rolls at the lane few home games ago and they are disgusting. It was dry and tasted awful. Way too big as well.
Prefer the traditional type and I too still dont know why they are not selling Chip Butties they would clean up.

I had one of the sausage rolls at the lane few home games ago and they are disgusting. It was dry and tasted awful. Way too big as well.
Prefer the traditional type and I too still dont know why they are not selling Chip Butties they would clean up.
Too big a sausage roll 🤔

Too big a sausage roll 🤔

The sausage roll I had was like a massive wad of meat the size of your fist that was dry and didnt taste very nice in the middle with a 1mm strip of pastry which was soggy and dreadful. You could barely call it a sausage roll.

Catering at the Lane is terrible. Been to a couple of Leeds matches this season and their Meat and Potato pies are heaven to eat. Who wants a sad looking Balti Pie or a Vegan Mince and Onion pie, thats all they had last time at the Lane.

I had one and it was really good. As said, really meaty and worth the £4.50 (but maybe I've grown used to London prices somewhat).

Anyone buying food at the Lane deserves campylerbacter 😉

That's £4.50 for a sausage roll?
That's pastry and mashed up meat padded out with sawdust?
And its £4.50?
It doesn't come with a pint or nothing?
That'd have to be a pretty fucking good sausage roll.

I had one yesterday too. Sucked in by the Henderson’s tag. It was an OK sausage roll but nowt special. £4.50 is more than they charge for a pie! I’ll go for the pie next time.

The sausage roll I had was like a massive wad of meat the size of your fist that was dry and didnt taste very nice in the middle with a 1mm strip of pastry which was soggy and dreadful. You could barely call it a sausage roll.

Catering at the Lane is terrible. Been to a couple of Leeds matches this season and their Meat and Potato pies are heaven to eat. Who wants a sad looking Balti Pie or a Vegan Mince and Onion pie, thats all they had last time at the Lane.

Catering at the Lane is indeed terrible as I have provided evidence of many times before - however , I’m one of the most pedantic boring fkers I’m glad I never have to meet.

On the way up to the ground three of us decided we weren’t having anything to eat in the ground cos it’s crap and the service is terrible .

Once in the family stand I said ‘anyone fancy anything to eat ?’ to which the others said ‘let’s have a look , might get a pie’

We que and my mate said ‘you gettin a pie ?’ I said ‘yes - what you havin? ‘ he says ‘I’ll get a pie ‘ abs asks the other mate ‘what you avin?’ He says ‘I’m avin a pie’

We get to the front in different lines - first mate orders ‘chips (more like fries tbh) pie , peas n gravy ‘ i then caved in abs ordered same - third mate thought fk it I’ll av same .

All three of us got served pie in a small box , chips n gravy in a small box - no peas . What’s this? we all said - manager steps in and holds a staff meeting - we end up with big box with chips n gravy n three peas with small box with pie in , inside big box .

Where’s hendos?

On the sauce station over there .

Off we trot balancing our boxes like it’s Christmas Day and find empty hendos bottles .

Cold chips (more like fries tbh) three peas and a separately housed pie . Gravy like melted shoe polish .

In future we decided we will take a pic nik and have it on a blanket on a the pitch

Wish I’d had the sausage roll tbh

We normally sit on BLUT these days, maybe we get the Hendersons Sausage Rolls that have been kicked round the pitch for match practice, then sat on, chucked at the wall to see if they stick, then heated up which is why they look and taste like they do.

There was a family sat behind us at the Boro match all had bought pies and they looked absolutely disgusting, in end they couldnt eat them and chucked them away. No chips sorry fries are sold on BLUT.

Would be great with proper chips but way too much effort and cost cooking with (and installing) deep fat fryers versus just keeping bought in stuff warm (ok scalding hot), it would lose a fortune!

Last edited:
Would be great with proper chips but way too much effort and cost cooking with (and installing) deep fat fryers versus just keeping bought in stuff warm (ok scalding hot), it would lose a fortune!

Just need some air fryers get same result, healthier, cheaper and easier. Seriously though you would have thought they could come up with something to cash in.

Wincobank, where I am from originally.

Hate to be a party pooper but it was shite. One mouthful and in the bin. Dry and couldn't taste any hendos at all.

View attachment 132722

Sorry, should have posted the photo I took yesterday (sad but true). I wasn’t sure whether the badge was edible when I had my first one but risked it and it is.
Nowt personl here Trafford, just an obsevation how t' worlds changed since I were a lad.
If in 1950, thar'd took a photo or'a sausage roll tha'd bought, it 'ud been Green Van and straight to Wadsley, but na tha can do it in front o' thasands and nobdi bats an eye lid.:D Arn't folk wonderful.
ud

Back
Top Bottom