Hecky Press Conference - Huddersfield Home - Sat 10th Dec 2022

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Notes I made on player availability, Ndiaye contract talks, and other general stuff from what Hecky said, while I was about 80% paying attention ;)

Previously unwell/injured people back training:
  • Anel
  • Bogle
  • Lowe
  • Sander
  • Tommy Doyle
  • Oli McB (literally only back training "a bit" today and isn't ready to start given a 9 day break after this game - no need to take risks)
  • JLT
RND & Brewster "nowhere near" and unknown when they will be. Hecky "doesn't ask" and instead just lets them focus on rehab

No new problems during break. Everyone who was fit before the break is fit now

Mr Ndiaye is back training and is available for Saturday. Put himself available to train back at the club on Tuesday having only arrived back late Monday. Regarding his contract, Hecky says "Nothing has changed with that. If he doesn't want to sign it, he doesn't sign it does he? He knows we want him. Everyone has made it clear. But that's up to his agent to come to the table to start talking." When asked if things were a million miles apart, Hecky said, "There have been no conversations. We want him to stay. He is happy. He knows it. His representatives have other things they want to explore and we understand that. There's no secret, if a big bid comes in, no matter what I say, the club will sell him, so it's irrelevant if he is under contract or not, really"

Seems like we have used the time during the WC break well to focus on the tactics, strategies that Hecky and the staff wanted to focus on, including a "couple of in-house games with Rotherham"

Hecky doesn't seem overly excited about the world cup. Obviously isn't a Panini fan (Panini, not you, I'm sure he loves you).
When asked whether he has done any World Cup player scouting, he said it is always ongoing and we have people whose job it is to do that full-time. Nothing has changed. Yawn. Good old Hecky

Re Huddersfield:

Expecting a tough game. Loads of blah, blah, normal stuff you'd expect from a professional respectful manager. They're good at set plays, he said, and will need to watch out for that. I got a feeling he was very cautious about the fact they've had a few more weeks with their new manager to get used to their new approach and we won't be considering them to be a bottom of the league side that we know well from footage from the season. Seems we will be patient, and won't know much about them until we kick-off and see how they go. Might be a good test of the in-game management by our gaffer.

In terms of injuries/illness, Hecky seems to have picked up a case of pink eye!

See you at the Lane. GTFI

(As a complete side-note, I saw the time on Heckys's watch at one point and it was 1348, so less than 90 mins before I was watching it myself. Our media team is very impressive nowadays. For my sins I watch a lot of football content and I actually can't think of a club that does better than we do. Arsenal are close, but I will get burned alive if I say that out loud)

Last edited:

Main takeaways:

Lowe and Brewster ready
Berge and Doyle getting there
Ndiaye in the mix
JLT has trained. McBurnie a game off
Anel fit and ready

Played a couple of friendlies against Rotherham.

Didn't sound like Rhian is available to me.

Doyle has got the Ciaran Clark injury then.

F@@ck me just when I was getting into the Christmas spirit Paul southgatebottom arranges a Thursday press conference to tell us bambi has broke both his femurs and is out for 6 months

F@@ck me just when I was getting into the Christmas spirit Paul southgatebottom arranges a Thursday press conference to tell us bambi has broke both his femurs and is out for 6 months

Speaking of Christmas, are you going to offer us a FallowfieldBlade Christmas Cracker for this game?

i.e., once we open it up, it's full of disappointment, as it contains nothing anyone possibly could have wanted?

;)

Speaking of Christmas, are you going to offer us a FallowfieldBlade Christmas Cracker for this game?

i.e., once we open it up, it's full of disappointment, as it contains nothing anyone possibly could have wanted?

;)

You’ll back to wait and see

;)
Funny you liken Fallowfield's posts to Christmas cracker prizes- every time I read one my ringpiece curls up like one of those fortune teller fish.

McAtee Press Conference

For those that have criticised him (I have, too), this is worth a watch. Some good questions and answers

Comes across well. Got his arse kicked by Luton, could have had a spoiled kid tantrum, but instead sounds keen to learn as much as he can about playing professional football. Nothing's guaranteed but it seems like he's giving himself every chance to go as far as he can in the game. GLTTL.

Main takeaways:

Lowe and Brewster ready
Berge and Doyle getting there
Ndiaye in the mix
JLT has trained. McBurnie a game off
Anel fit and ready

Played a couple of friendlies against Rotherham.

I think you meant Bogle ready? Brewster probably not. (;

Huddersfield manager, Mark Fotheringham's press conference. 39 mins!!!!!

I think you meant Bogle ready? Brewster probably not. (;

Brewster return is a similar timescale to RND.
RND reportedly out for at least another 10 weeks.

Bogle is back in full training.

So yes, assume you're right.

Huddersfield manager, Mark Fotheringham's press conference. 39 mins!!!!!
Some notes from his press conference. I didn’t bother with notes on the club generally - JTW etc, just the bits that may be vaguely relevant for Sat.

Having worked in the Bundesliga before, he has experience of how to plan for and deal with a winter break.

They went away to Marbella during the break. Had an "excellent camp" which has been “massive for us”, using the good weather to maximise the opportunities and having double sessions. Good bonding time, good food, good training and understanding how the gaffer wants them to work both in and out of possession. He has used it like a preseason. He had lots of players who hadn’t even had a day of training with the new gaffer before the break.

He felt the young players have come on a long way through the camp, which he noticed through the first half against Olympiakos, where he fielded mainly the younger lads.

He said Sheff Utd are a “massive club”. Obviously got us confused with the others.

Focussing on having clean sheets, building from the back. Aggression, determination. Feels they’ve always shown a good account of themselves since he took over, even when the result didn’t go their way and is expecting “a very strong back half of the season”

Said there is a lot of pressure on us to beat them as we have a prem league budget and players determined to be in the prem.

Says there will not be many clubs who have put the effort in that they have during the break

No excuses then. If I was a Terriers fan, I’d be expecting them to offer a lot more than before the break. If we batter them, I expect a fun view from

He is a boring fucker though. Rumour has it he created a ‘best-of Mark Fotheringham’ motivational speaking video but it’s been banned as it encourages suicide. Christ that was a dull 39 mins. I wanted some adverts but didn’t get any!!!! Just give even a couple of mins a listen and compare it to a Wilder/Warnock.

Last edited:
McAtee Press Conference

For those that have criticised him (I have, too), this is worth a watch. Some good questions and answers

Bit of a painful interview I thought, he's definitely been to the 'footballer media academy'.

Back
Top Bottom