Heckingbottoms Burnley pre match interview

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gerritforud

It'll be reyt
Reaction score

He seems to hint at the owners failure to provide the promised investment in our training facilities and academy led(in part) to Wilders bust up with em. knock-on effect is that we couldn't train the young prospects with the first team until last few weeks. You can't just drop a young lad into a senior team without giving them training time with the squad. Hecky has proved this with the last 2 games since restrictions have eased. GLTL and hope he stays with the youngsters.

Yeah I have to agree, he speaks very well and articulated a real understanding of the issues we have faced and how things should be done in the coming months.

His time in caretaker charge of the first team only enhances his credentials with the U23’s and you would hope the pathway from there to the first team will be utilised more next season.

Yeah I have to agree, he speaks very well and articulated a real understanding of the issues we have faced and how things should be done in the coming months.

His time in caretaker charge of the first team only enhances his credentials with the U23’s and you would hope the pathway from there to the first team will be utilised more next season.
Yes, i agree with that. He does come across very well indeed without the usual ''you know'' or ''i mean''.
He has been hamstrung by the shocking performances from the first team players but also the very average training facilities.
Wouldn't it be great if we managed to move across to Norton and build a facility that leaves a positive legacy from our 2 years in the Premiership.
Fingers crossed this happens and we can take a step forward after the two steps back from this season.

knock-on effect is that we couldn't train the young prospects with the first team until last few weeks. You can't just drop a young lad into a senior team without giving them training time with the squad.

Think this is an important point to raise, recall CW coming in for some flack for naming a bench short on numbers rather than putting a few kids on to fill it, seems out academy status didn't allow it, whereas every other PL clubs academy status would allow it. whats done it done but think its worth noting that CW wasn't adverse to playing the kids he just wasn't allowed to

Back
Top Bottom