Heckingbottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Drunk blade

Reaction score
Can finish mid table with this squad without any further additions, he knows the players and more importantly youth players and when to blood them (jebbo) and let's be honest his half of the season in the prem was a massive improvement on the first half under wilder.

If Slav is not going to be backed in the transfer window he may as well leave by mutual agreement now, before the rot truly sets in.

Let's not be naive and think Slav can turn this around without his own players, as it stands we're going down and the lack of communication from the board to the fans is truly shocking

Either back the bloke you brought in or let Heckingbottom take over and turn it around before it's too late.

No chance of there'll be a mutual agreement. Prince will not want to pay Slav a penny this early in a contact. He'll want him to walk

• Banned
No chance of there'll be a mutual agreement. Prince will not want to pay Slav a penny this early in a contact. He'll want him to walk
True.. If he has been mislead about the funds available there's and argument that he will be entitled to compensation tho

I can too…...you have to shake your head at the simplicity, impatience and fickleness of some fans.
The transfer window hasn’t even ended and already peoole have decided we won’t buy anyone but if we do….then they will be crap.
Some people are only happy when they have something to complain about.
In the olden days your choice was to become a part timer and stop going but nowadays you can seek attention on social media.

Can finish mid table with this squad without any further additions, he knows the players and more importantly youth players and when to blood them (jebbo) and let's be honest his half of the season in the prem was a massive improvement on the first half under wilder.

If Slav is not going to be backed in the transfer window he may as well leave by mutual agreement now, before the rot truly sets in.

Let's not be naive and think Slav can turn this around without his own players, as it stands we're going down and the lack of communication from the board to the fans is truly shocking

Either back the bloke you brought in or let Heckingbottom take over and turn it around before it's too late.
I don’t think you can assume that Slav cannot turn this around.
The players he has are capable of staying in this league so give him time

The question at the moment is how do you keep us in the Championship...

Why would a guy who failed at Leeds and Hibernian be better at answering that question than a guy who has got teams promoted from this division?

Even at Barnsley, Hecks win percentage was sub 30% when he got the job properly.

I realise results have been poor but Slav needs more than August.

Blades were a shambles last season, you don't get to the bottom of that straight away.

I can too…...you have to shake your head at the simplicity, impatience and fickleness of some fans.
The transfer window hasn’t even ended and already peoole have decided we won’t buy anyone but if we do….then they will be crap.
Some people are only happy when they have something to complain about.
In the olden days your choice was to become a part timer and stop going but nowadays you can seek attention on social media.
To be fair I think this is people worrying he's going to quit not wanting him sacked

I don't have the confidence in PH to give him the job. Some of my fears about Slav are looking like they are happening though. I had him as a cheque book manager that got promoted with two unbelievably talented squads for the level. United, given our board and history, were always likely to need a fire fighter. A Warnock type that can get a pint out of a half pint pot. A guy that can make limited players better, and make the total better than the constituents parts. We have the flashy name to satiate the fans and have immediately taken him out of an environment where he has succeeded in the past. I do think if Slav is sacked in the near future Hecky will get the job. If he resigns we'll use his doubtless substantial salary to appoint someone else.

This is crazy.

What I don’t get, is we are letting players go….Slater the latest…to division rivals Hull that can’t get close to a team performing so poorly.
Slater goes that leaves us with Norwood, Berge, Fleck, Brunt, Osborn for the midfield slots…..while we are looking at a bloke who’s been playing in the Far East and is 35 years old!!
We can look at the other kids but it seems pretty clear to me that they just aren’t ready/good enough to play.

Can’t believe it’s come to this already, I knew we’d struggle to go up, I don’t and didn’t trust a single word the Prince is saying now or in the past, but I never thought we would be this bad and struggling to score goals never mind win games.

Blame is wholly at the door of the board and the owner, and it seems we are on the precipice of sinking like a stone. A fucking laughing stock.
Forget new players because it’s patently clear they aren’t coming, and say what you like, this window has been the same as the last three with the ability so get the players the manager wanted.

We’re paying Slav handsomely to manage this team. I don’t know why people think he’s going to walk just because he’s not signed all the players he wanted. He might be unhappy, but it’s an expensive hissy fit for him to walk away from what was a premier league squad last year. It’s still a job most managers in the league would want and after all he wasn’t managing in Qatar last year out of “ambition”.

True.. If he has been mislead about the funds available there's and argument that he will be entitled to compensation tho

Wouldn't there have to be a clause in his contract about funding for players?

We’re paying Slav handsomely to manage this team. I don’t know why people think he’s going to walk just because he’s not signed all the players he wanted. He might be unhappy, but it’s an expensive hissy fit for him to walk away from what was a premier league squad last year. It’s still a job most managers in the league would want and after all he wasn’t managing in Qatar last year out of “ambition”.

Could be expensive, depending what's in his contract, but he also has his reputation to consider.

I do not want Heckingbottom managing this team. It’s bad enough having the players scarred by last season turning out every week. Appointing one of the managers will be even worse.

I don’t think it’s a case of Slav walking, he would be mad to from a purely financial standpoint. I think most people are questioning the logic of appointing him in the first place if he’s not allowed to bring any players in. Seems like madness to me. As the OP said, if he was going to be guaranteed 3 or 4 signings we may as well have stuck with Hecky as a cheaper alternative who knew the players and at least used a system the current squad are familiar with, even if it had been largely ineffective for the past 12 months. I don’t want to be alarmist and appreciate the window is open for a few more days but the signs aren’t looking especially promising and I’m starting to think we’ll have to go with what we’ve got plus the 35 year old. Not ideal.

I do not want Heckingbottom managing this team. It’s bad enough having the players scarred by last season turning out every week. Appointing one of the managers will be even worse.
I think this is inevitable TBH, so I would try and start to get your head around this situation.

Heckingbottom is also certainly not someone that I would want to coach the first team either, but to bring someone new again could be an even bigger disaster?

If you're putting a caretaker in for a few games, he's the logical guy. Think we'd be fine and steady. He's a bright guy who already knows these players inside out.

You can't put an interim manager in place to the end of the season though. It's November.

I'd have a look at Ryan Lowe ,did a top job at Bury under trying circumstances now doing a great job at Plymouth, yes he had a spell with you know who but that doesn't bother me.

Back
Top Bottom