Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters
Yep Wilder in 200m budget for 4 new players and we can still stay up...

For the slower kids at the back, I was quoting the budget per single player, not the transfer budget. Keep up.

For the slower kids at the back, I was quoting the budget per single player, not the transfer budget. Keep up.
Maybe try wording it that way initially to prevent the confusion before telling people to keep up?

Just a simple 'my mistake, I meant per signing' instead of passing the blame onto others for reading your post exactly as you worded it? Helmet behaviour.

Maybe try wording it that way initially to prevent the confusion before telling people to keep up?

Just a simple 'my mistake, I meant per signing' instead of passing the blame onto others for reading your post exactly as you worded it? Helmet behaviour.
You can assume that everyone on here is aware of what we spent in the Summers of 2019 and 2020. So to think that I meant 22 million as total budget is moronic. You outed yourself as the helmet when you questioned me.

You can assume that everyone on here is aware of what we spent in the Summers of 2019 and 2020. So to think that I meant 22 million as total budget is moronic. You outed yourself as the helmet when you questioned me.
You've been on here long enough to know you should never assume anything about a poster's intelligence on this forum.

Just because you can't word a post correctly, you've proceeded to go over the top with the defensive behaviour.

The only moronic aspect here unfortunately is how you've dealt with this situation.

I hope we stick with Heckingbottom. He's had his hands tied during the transfer window. I can't believe some fans are wanting to bring Wilder back. He's failed in every job since leaving us. He turned on his own players before he left us. If we do sack Heckingbottom, Wilder should not replace him. In my humble opinion 😁

You’re on crack! I wouldn’t trust wilder to spend 50 quid!
It’s his players that have been our best. Mcburnie has been our best player this season. I think slightly ahead of Wes. After that the only player this season that can hold their head high is Baldock

It’s his players that have been our best. Mcburnie has been our best player this season. I think slightly ahead of Wes. After that the only player this season that can hold their head high is Baldock

This spending money argument isn't going to carry much weight for much longer is it.

Wilder made 5 "big money" (and it's really not big money) signings over two seasons. One has been one of our better players this year, one looked brilliant for a spell that first season in the Prem and repaid his fee handsomely. Two are now at clubs with a far higher chance of staying up than us and we recouped the fee on them anyway. One has been an injury riddled disaster.

Heckingbottom has bought Souza, Hamer and Archer who currently have a worse record than Wilder's signings did in one of the worst seasons in Premier League history.

This spending money argument isn't going to carry much weight for much longer is it.

Wilder made 5 "big money" (and it's really not big money) signings over two seasons. One has been one of our better players this year, one looked brilliant for a spell that first season in the Prem and repaid his fee handsomely. Two are now at clubs with a far higher chance of staying up than us and we recouped the fee on them anyway. One has been an injury riddled disaster.

Heckingbottom has bought Souza, Hamer and Archer who currently have a worse record than Wilder's signings did in one of the worst seasons in Premier League history.
On a positive note, I assume he would have to give back his £4m pay off, we can put that back in the transfer pit!

i very much doubt any manager would keep us in the premier league this season the gulf in class yesterday was vast but it was newcastle although it was really dissapointing the way we folded so easily however the way the club approached the premier league it was obvious we had half an eye on being back in the championship next season i think its a cert that the 3 clubs promoted will go back down and think this will be repeated season after season from now on

Yes, he was a bit too “matter of fact” about it. Are we to expect 4 or 5 more drubbings like this, and have to accept it?
In the absence of a competitive squad or budget, yes.

That said, I think the half-time change of shape was the difference between keeping it down to 3 or 4 and total capitulation. Big error of judgement. But in terms of points on the board it makes no difference I guess.

I was very disappointed with his attitude in the post match interview tbh. Lots of 'you have to expect some results like that in the Premier League' and other attempts to normalise a totally unacceptable performance from pretty much the entire team. There are no excuses for the lack of focus and effort from the team last night. He should have just apologised rather than trying to pretend that it was in any way acceptable.

I was very disappointed with his attitude in the post match interview tbh. Lots of 'you have to expect some results like that in the Premier League' and other attempts to normalise a totally unacceptable performance from pretty much the entire team. There are no excuses for the lack of focus and effort from the team last night. He should have just apologised rather than trying to pretend that it was in any way acceptable.
I agree. It’s too easy to say our budget is too small. You still expect a degree of competence from the players, irrespective of cost.

Yes, he was a bit too “matter of fact” about it. Are we to expect 4 or 5 more drubbings like this, and have to accept it?
Exactly. We might well lose more by a lot of goals, but saying it’s expected suggests it’s ok.

Usually if you expect something that you have a degree of control over, it’ll happen. Sets the wrong mindset entirely and is just a losers mentality IMO.

Wanting Hecky is out is premature and although I don't want it to happen, I can see that the Prince will only go for 1 person if it does happen.

I just don't see how Wilder would keep this squad in the prem.
Just to add to this, If there is a change of manager, he will be brought in at a strategic time to maximise the 'new manager impact' (I'm not saying bounce 🤣)

So if Hecky is replaced, I can see a new manager's first game happening for the Wolves match. We have 4 very difficult games coming up:

West Ham (A)
Fulham (A)
Man U (H)
Aresnal (A)

Out points tally for these games is likely to be 0 - this is the time that Hecky might get the chop and someone else may come in for the Wolves match where that is the start of a batch of more 'easier' games with 4 from 6 being at home.

Wolves (H)
Brighton(A)
Bournemouth (H)
Burnley (A)
Liverpool (H)
Brentford (H)

A new manager and 3 points for the Wolves match at home could give this club the boost that it so desperatley needs.

I will say though, I don't mind Hecky staying for this season and next. He isn't a bad manager, it's just that his hands are tied with a limited squad and limited budget. If we can manage to stay up this season (which is unlikely) then I think we could kick on next season especially with a new owner in place.

Not a time to panic for now....

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom