Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Heckingbottom Out, Wilder In

• Good Idea

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • Bad Idea

Votes: 797 90.7%

• Total voters
It is only a rag story if the Prince was about to sack Hecky the paper would only know after it was done. The only way this would happen is if a new owner brought in his own manager

What did Hecky do to get a championship job? Sacked by everyone and yet it works.

Just clicked on your profile, half-hoping you'd have half a dozen posts and just be a rival fan on the wind up. Alas, not the case...

Kind of shocking to see we have fans that are anti-Heckingbottom. Always interested to hear opposing points of views though, even if in a clear minority.

Do you not think He's doing a great job?
What's arrived you to the view that you'd trade Heckingbottom and co. for Wilder?

Just clicked on your profile, half-hoping you'd have half a dozen posts and just be a rival fan on the wind up. Alas, not the case...

Kind of shocking to see we have fans that are anti-Heckingbottom. Always interested to hear opposing points of views though, even if in a clear minority.

Do you not think He's doing a great job?
What's arrived you to the view that you'd trade Heckingbottom and co. for Wilder?
I don’t think he’s doing a great job. He’s doing okay.

I wouldn’t sack him now. But he will be in trouble in a few weeks. Look at the next fixtures I don’t see us picking up any points.

I don’t think he’s doing a great job. He’s doing okay.

I wouldn’t sack him now. But he will be in trouble in a few weeks. Look at the next fixtures I don’t see us picking up any points.

Do you think we, with our limited resources, really have the rights to be picking up many points in the PL?

Wilder actually got us to 9th. Unless he’s better than both put together.

Staying up in the PL is possible. If Hecky fails then his job will be up for discussion.
Of course its possible but the gulf gets bigger financially year on year.

Burnley have spent far more than us and look shocking. Everton will probably kick on now with the new owners. Without investment and a takeover it will be a miracle to stay up.

Yes Wilder did amazingly our first year back up but I'm not one for returning to old managers. He was poor for boro and poor for Watford. His transfer record wasn't exactly great and he didn't like playing any of the youngsters. If Wilder had stayed its unlikely Ndiaye would have ever even played more than 5 games for this club.

Heckingbotham has earned his chance to have at least this full season. If you disagree then i don't know what else you think he could be doing or have done?

I loved Wilder, but he fucked up and he fucked off and in the end he left us in the fucking shit. He left us and he said fuck all. It hurt.

We’re still picking up the tab for his judgements.

Hecky stepped in, never moaned and has done a fantastic job. He’s honest, unassuming, caring, unflappable, he gives kids a chance. He’s a bloke you want in the trenches.

Hecky in for me.
This^^^

If Hecky does go we should throw everything at Hans Flick not Wilder. Proven manager and Sheffield and Munich are very similar cities so he should feel at home

I don’t for 1 minute think Wilder should replace Hecky and Hecky should stay as number 1 regardless of whether we go down this season. However, if Wilder didn’t think a big job was coming his way I could see him doing a good job as a number 2/ 1.5 and joining the coaching team. Whether his ego would allow him to be anything other than ‘manager’ is a different matter.

Rumour doing the rounds.

Probably worth letting the club know what the fans think in case it's under serious consideration...
Nope. Wouldn’t want it. One bloke will make mistakes along the season but admit them and bring the young ens along for the ride and the other will make mistakes, blame everyone else and leave the young en’s in the 23’s.

I love Chris. Leave him in the past.

We‘re absolutely fucked if Hecky leaves, there’s also no way we’re going to get rid of him with the shackles that the board have put him in to make us competitive.

Hecky is doing a great job considering.

How many times does a relegation threatened team change managers and how many times does it work?

Our advantage this season is stability imo. We keep the same XI (fingers crossed for injuries) and the same manager in place…

While we watch other teams around us flounder with a new manager every 4 weeks… we start turning those narrow 2-1 defeats into 1-1s and nick the odd win… we start looking at survival or going again next year with a great young squad and one of the EFLs longest serving managers

Not now, but Heckingbottom's days probably are numbered and I doubt he'll see the season out. When that happens I don't see a better candidate than Wilder.

Yes to Wilder but not now.

Wilder would be insane to take this on. If he waits 10 games we will turn on Hecky if we are in a bad position.
Two posts that cry out for a “You’re pulling my pisser” emoji

I don't know of many people that dislike Heckingbottom of the people I know.

Most Blades fans that I go to matches with have always said that we just need a good manager that stays the course, no matter what happens on the field.

Fans have also been crying out to see more academy players pushed through to the first team for donkeys years. Heckingbottom is the only manager I can recall that is even bothered about the U21s etc. Yeah he came from the U21s originally as far as our club is concerned and has a bias towards them, that's not a bad thing. Maybe that is how we should appoint future managers.

Heckingbottom is good. Not great. But he is a thinker. Intelligent.

I'm not bothered if we go down. It's probably our plan B let's be honest. Emulate the likes of Norwich (shudder). Least we can try and win that elusive Championship title and keep trying to build a sustainable club in the top tier, probably not aiming for Europe or the title (and going bust in the process). We should aim for the likes of the F.A. Cup, which United have done well in numerous times over many years. And also aim for mid to mid-lower half of the table. That is what I see as potentially realistic for our club.

I don’t think this is far fetched at all from what I heard back in late July. I’m against the decision personally.…

This is a piss take right ? He performed miracles to get us up then has had a ridiculously truncated pre season to get us ready for the PL

If he did go there's no way Wilder is in the top 10 candidates to take over

Absolute nonsense , hecky had one of the best squads in the championship and we rolled over the line eventually

Name me 9 more better suitable managers then

Wilder has been shown up to be exactly what he is a bang average manager. We were just the right club at the right time for him. Heckingbottom isn’t without his faults at all and some off his team selections and subs leave a lot to be desired but overall he’s a better man manager (no question) better communicator and the players definitely like him more. He’s a better fit for our football club at this time no question. As other people have mentioned these whispers have been going on for a while and I know that the Prince and Wilder have met several times in the last few months which I think is a bit suspicious. I’ve got a bad feeling about this whole thing and if it happens it will be a massive mistake.

Honestly if this was to happen this would be the most ridiculous f*cking decision this club of ours has ever made and that is the polite version.

Hecky has done so much great work on a shoestring compared to CW and deserves to manage is through he has earned that right.

Back
Top Bottom