Heckinbottom charged for having an opinion

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

It’s only took Paul 18 months to have an opinion in his post match interviews

There was nowt wrong with the advantage vs Boro that’s not how it works you don’t get the free kick back if you take the advantage and play on

"My frustration isn’t with that moment in that game, my frustration and anger is that we see that every game and I’m having conversations with the referees all the time. Emails backwards and forwards.

"Look back at every game and you see it happening. This is the perfect example. Macca [James McAtee] goes past, gets dragged down, stays on his feet, has another go, stays on his feet. There’s an advantage played, we lose the ball in less than four seconds, Boro get the ball and score.

"I’m not moaning about this game but if Macca goes down we get the foul and the lad gets booked. We see this against us all the time. I just hate the way the game is going with that. They’re my frustrations. It’s not just this moment in the game, but it’s a great example of what we’re talking about. The referees agree with me from the emails back and forward."

I see nothing wrong in what PH has said above but apparently not only is he being charged by the FA for kicking the fourth officials board, rightly so in this instance, he's getting hauled over the coals for expressing his opinion on the problems with players diving in the game. Managers are no longer allowed to question the interpretation of rules that are being applied by refs who it seems are agreeing with PH.

Little old SUFC aren't allowed to do this but Arteta in the EPL can go ballistic about VAR leading to Mason leaving his job. Double standards. Odds on we get nothing from officials for the rest of the season. As a club we should just shut up shop in post match interviews and limit them to yes/no answers.
In the main I don’t think referees are biased against us. That said, those players that fall over tend to get the decisions. One example, against Millwall around the 44 min mark (if I remember correctly) Sander goes for an header. Opposition player puts two hands on his back and manages to deflect the header into the air. Jebbo goes up to contest for the ball. Slight touch on the opposition player who falls to the floor and wins the foul. Very frustrating.

Someone needs to call Dave Wilson, he seems to be an expert in the "dark" arts. He looks familiar though.

Quick to charge him no one was hurt….So why haven’t Scabs been charged people were injured that night ….mmmmmm

The crowd ‘booed’ Marriner when his name was announced at the start of the game. I said to my dad and son that the prick would be determined to give Boro as much as he could at that point.

Intimidation comes by making noise when their players foul ours, go down to easily or otherwise act like pricks.

Like when we boo an oppo striker they invariably score or play well, same with refs. You boo them at the outset and even if they don’t blatantly do it they are against you from the start.

Sharp always goes down with minimal contact, but now rarely gets a free kick, so the refs have sussed him out
It’s embarrassing at times

247xry.jpg

I thought he was charged for booting the subs board?
Minor point but Heckingbottom has been charged for "improper and/or violent conduct" for the sending off and "improper" behaviour after being sent off. Nothing to do with his post match interview. I'd imagine he was forthright in his opinions to Marriner on his refereeing.

The "improper and/or violent conduct" charge relates to kicking the fourth official's board. The other charge relates to the 'conversation' Heckingbottom had with Marriner after being sent off. Neither has anything to do with his post-match comments.

Minor point but Heckingbottom has been charged for "improper and/or violent conduct" for the sending off and "improper" behaviour after being sent off. Nothing to do with his post match interview. I'd imagine he was forthright in his opinions to Marriner on his refereeing.
He sarcastically clapped after being shown red didn't he?

There was nowt wrong with the advantage vs Boro that’s not how it works you don’t get the free kick back if you take the advantage and play on
It's been said that McAtee should have gone down to get the free kick. But the referee agreed it was a free kick offence, that is why he signals advantage when the ball still reaches Jebbison.

Jebbison gets away from the first two challenges and then this is the situation:

1677060736951.png

Jebbo seems to have passing options in Lowe in space on the left, and also flicking it through to Berge centrally. It doesn't look impossible to get something out of that situation and the question is, does his failure to do so mean there was no advantage in the former situation?

To be fair that's not what he's saying entirely.
But yeah when I watched it back last week MacAtee passes to Jebbo and he loses the ball. Had the pass not find Jebbison then ref should deffo pull it back.

General point but wouldn't be surprised that because we have the EFL embargo/charge that everything is being done by the book regards this and Sharp's comments.

As in they aren't using any thought process or interpretation. Strictly speaking we can't complain that 1 the player and manager have had these charges and that 2 if they are being made sure to be enforced because of our EFL embargo...

To be fair that's not what he's saying entirely.
But yeah when I watched it back last week MacAtee passes to Jebbo and he loses the ball. Had the pass not find Jebbison then ref should deffo pull it back.

General point but wouldn't be surprised that because we have the EFL embargo/charge that everything is being done by the book regards this and Sharp's comments.

As in they aren't using any thought process or interpretation. Strictly speaking we can't complain that 1 the player and manager have had these charges and that 2 if they are being made sure to be enforced because of our EFL embargo...

I think sharp deserved to be charged from what he said any other player would get charged because of that

I dont think its that deep its our own fault we dont pay our bills and the EFL didnt force sharp or hecky to kick off anyone else it would be the exact same

His players tried on Saturday and were ribbed by Andy Hinchcliffe for throwing themselves to the ground under minimal contact. We can't win.
We're amateurs at it. It'll take a while to perfect, but then we will be good at it and can join all the other shithousing teams.

Something to look forward to 🤔🤔🤔

Back
Top Bottom