Have i missed something re Archer?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derfblade.3

Reaction score
I keep seeing posts on him going back to Villa next season. Thought we had signed him on a permanent and not a loan.
Not sure what to make of it but after seeing him so far i don't think he would be a big miss should he go back next season.
I reckon Jebbo could step up and with Brewster hopefully getting fit then we should be ok for a promotion push.

The commentator the other day said "archer on loan from villa". 😉

Yeah they were wrong I heard that too. We bought him but Villa put in this really stupid buy back clause I think it was one way to knock off a couple of million on the price tag. So if he scores like 25 goals this season they can have him back and we cant stop them.

So he will be a SUFC player next season.

Yeah they were wrong I heard that too. We bought him but Villa put in this really stupid buy back clause I think it was one way to knock off a couple of million on the price tag. So if he scores like 25 goals this season they can have him back and we cant stop them.

So he will be a SUFC player next season.
I thought if we are relegated he goes back, and if villa want to buy him if we do stay up, they also have a buy back clause too.
It's not on loan, but its as close as it gets.

I keep seeing posts on him going back to Villa next season. Thought we had signed him on a permanent and not a loan.
Not sure what to make of it but after seeing him so far i don't think he would be a big miss should he go back next season.
I reckon Jebbo could step up and with Brewster hopefully getting fit then we should be ok for a promotion push.
Archer has barely seen the ball, and has proven himself at championship level. Jebbison probably wouldn’t start for league one club, and Brewster has been utterly shite, and is made of glass.

I've not seen the relegated clause being mentioned so sorry must have missed that. I cant see them wanting him back if we go down anyway.

Think the details were only from ITKers. Not sure we've seen anything from a reliable source? Did the Star parrot the ITK stuff or claim to know? Who knows.

Does anyone know if this type of buy back clause has been used before? Are they actually enforceable? If Villa decide they don't want him back, e.g. he has a bad season, gets a long term injury, or banned for gambling etc, who would have the authority to force them to pay us money?

He’s got an automatic relegation buy back clause in his contract, paid 18m, think the buy back is 20m

Maybe try looking at some of the household names that are starting for League One clubs then re-evaluate your statement?
How many households outside Sheffield and Burton is he well known in?

He’s got an automatic relegation buy back clause in his contract, paid 18m, think the buy back is 20m
So if we go down we make £2m on him?
Or is the relegation one a like for like, but the normal buy back worth £20m (£2m more than we paid?)

Maybe try looking at some of the household names that are starting for League One clubs then re-evaluate your statement?
I don’t understand your point? He hasn’t established himself here, and looks way short at championship level. What’s he done to suggest he’d be a regular in league one?

I’m sure he’d start at a few clubs, but by no means guaranteed. He really hasn’t progressed at all recently.

I don’t understand your point? He hasn’t established himself here, and looks way short at championship level. What’s he done to suggest he’d be a regular in league one?

I’m sure he’d start at a few clubs, but by no means guaranteed. He really hasn’t progressed at all recently.
He scored a tap in at Everton away 3 years ago.

El Accounto said Villa have a buy back even if we stop up.
Lot more money if that happens.

Our official instagram said when we signed him he’s here on a 4 year deal

Agree with a buy back clause if where relegated, so we're protected financially and Villa keep their highly rated player.

Maybe the commentator see us as 100% relegated already, so it effectively becomes like a 1 year loan.
Been disappointed with Archers body language, reminds me abit of when Sharp played for us.

You have to play the ball to his feet or link up with him, so he can run into space.
However most of the time we're just lumped it front and saying "chase that", we used to do the same with Sharp and he didn't stand a chance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom