Hate Wednesday, hate Wednesday........

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And one of their owners products has an old man's flaccid cock on the front, in tribute to their new football team

232721011_0_640x640.jpg

They have started to make some decent signings tbf. Can see them doing well if they keep it up.

Theyve bid 4.25 mil for darryl murphy apparently

he had a very good season last season, but hes 32 and last season apart has been very mediocre ,
scored 11 goals in 4 seasons at celtic
and scored 4 and 7 in his first 2 seasons at ipswich
go on waste that money

He said, and I quote (!!!), "I'm not really a big football fan to be honest. Generally I don't like it so much. It's not something I'd really make a big effort to watch. Sheffield Wednesday - that's my team".

Legend.
heh.. he probably felt obliged to say something.. i think Banksy is a pig.. (sorry mate) but Russ is deffo a blade

Well, I didn't think I would enjoy another thread this week after the classic, "United Pubs" thread, but I have been laughing out loud at this one! some really funny stuff, well done lads!

My nephew is a pig, lovely lad, but a pig, tries to often catch me out, by doing things like serving me a cup of coffee in a SWFC mug, which I just don't drink, or by having his toddler son come running up to me, for me to pick up, dressed in a junior pig kit, I just bob down to his level, ruffle his hair and say hello.

How about the reverse of hating Wednesday, how about the joy of running into another Blade unexpectedly. A few occasions immediately spring to mind;

Taking the family on holiday to St. Lucia, arrive, unpack, have a quick stroll along the beach and then straight to the hotel beach bar, Mrs. Grappler nudges me and whispers, "can't believe this, we travel all this way and someone else from Sheffield here!", points to a lad with "made in Sheffield" tattooed around his belly button, stood with his hairdresser/beautician/manicurist type girlfriend and talking in a loud Sheff accent. I was just about to say something like "well don't worry, we will stick to our own company", when he turned to look at the sun going down and I spotted that holiest of holy symbols, at the top of his arm, a tattoo of the crossed swords and SUFC underneath. I pointed it out to the wife, who is also a Blade, and said, "we'll be fine", and promptly walked over, pointed to his tattoo and said, "well at least I know I can trust you mate, what's the local beer like?", cue two weeks of Blades talk.

Stood in a line at Manchester Airport, not moving, bloke behind with his family, complaining "why is this line not moving, what's bloody going on?", he kept going on and on. God please don't let me end up in a hotel with that whinging get, I thought. Sure enough we land in Mexico and him and his family get on our coach, and get off at our hotel. His son is checking text messages and suddenly says "Dad, looks like we are going to buy James Beattie!", to which I immediately started talking to them as if they were long lost relatives, great people. Cue two weeks of hanging about together, drinking beer and talking about the Blades.

In a business meeting in Sweden, in tricky negotiations over a deal, a sticking point on technology and man power available, they wheel in their IT expert, we talk, break for coffee, and he comes over and says, "you mentioned you flew to Sweden from Manchester, where are you from?", so I told him and he said, "me too, originally, so where do you go drinking on a Saturday afternoon........", so I said, "well it depends, I go to different places, but mainly London Road area.....", he smiles, shakes my hand and says, "thank god you are a fellow Blade, this will be fine, don't worry", goes back to the meeting and recommends that they meet all our objectives and throw extra people at the project, job done!

My father (rest his soul) used to work ont buses and sometimes he did the Football Specials to Hillsboro. He used to get a complimentary ticket to watch the match...needless to say he preferred to put his feet up and have a nap on the bus until full-time.

Well, I didn't think I would enjoy another thread this week after the classic, "United Pubs" thread, but I have been laughing out loud at this one! some really funny stuff, well done lads!

How about the reverse of hating Wednesday, how about the joy of running into another Blade unexpectedly. A few occasions immediately spring to mind;

First time I went to Le Mans for the 24 hours race, I got inside the circuit, found a great spot just below the Dunlop Bridge to watch the classic race prior to the main event (Stirling Moss, Jaguars, Alfa Romeos, etc..) ... 250,000 people in the circuit.... turned round to talk to my mate and the lad actually stood at the side of me was a complete stranger wearing a Blades Polo-shirt.

Went to Uni in 1980 and met 2 Brighton fans who (unnaturally) loved United because of Tony Currie and Alan Woodward... couldn't quite get them to drop BHAFC though... but they knew a spooky amount about us!

Went to Lloret De Mar when I was about 22.... laid on the (gravel/artifical sand) beach.. bored as fuck ... looked up, and two lads walking along the esplanade were the lads who stood on our right hand side every week on the West Terrace on John Street. Shouted to them.. went off to a bar with them, grabbed a beer and then 10 minutes later, three lads turned up in the bar who stood on our left hand side every week on the West Terrace, John Street. We were supposed to spend the week chasing women.... but we failed cos we just couldn't stop laughing at the spookiness of the Bladey-ness of Lloret!!!. (we might have been concerned about stalking too!).

I don't hate anyone personally, certainly not for supporting the wrong team.

I do however have this irrational thought that Wndesnesdedday supporters are maybe of a lesser sub species particularly when they gather in groups. Individually they are usually fine unless the subject of football is raised when I swear you can see them start to turn! :eek:
the wife and i was out one friday night and in the pub was a couple who used to be neighbours about 10 years back,he was a piggy fan BTW,so we went over to their table (being rude is not in my nature) so we get chatting blah blah blah,i will keep off the football subject,about half an hour later he starts with the "hows the mighty blades doing " fuckin wanker just could,nt keep his arrogant gob shut........and thats how i perceive these twats,aloof,arrogant pricks who talk bollocks !

I heard the other day the new pig boss has spoken to Mourinho in the past .......................... does that make him good or summat ?

I heard the other day the new pig boss has spoken to Mourinho in the past .......................... does that make him good or summat ?
Not really no. I take that as he knows Mourinho and could possibly get some players on loan from Chelsea, which could only bode well for them if they turn out to be good ones. Hopefully i'm way of mark mb like i usually am:)

Not really no. I take that as he knows Mourinho and could possibly get some players on loan from Chelsea, which could only bode well for them if they turn out to be good ones. Hopefully i'm way of mark mb like i usually am:)
but then again,remember when steve bruce brought the next big time players from man utd when he was manager michael twiss rings a bell

but then again,remember when steve bruce brought the next big time players from man utd when he was manager michael twiss rings a bell
Hence the words "if they turn out to be good ones" in my post sb. ;)

Back
Top Bottom