Happy Birthday Paul Heckingbottom

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
First you brought order to chaos, picking up a broken, wounded and demoralised team and making them believe in themselves again.

Then you returned at a time when we were continuing to go in the wrong direction, and turned us around again.

Then you took us back to the top.

Nothing but love and admiration from me.

Have a good one sir, you've earned it.

Up Dem Wizaaaards, Forever and Always ⚔️

Happy Birthday Hecky. Have a good one.

I bet on Saturday talking to Radio Sheffield he must have been thinking 'do I have to put up with this crap again?' as Giddings just trawled out questions that were gathered from the Rumour Mill.

First you brought order to chaos, picking up a broken, wounded and demoralised team and making them believe in themselves again.

Then you returned at a time when we were continuing to go in the wrong direction, and turned us around again.

Hear hear👍

Here here

Do you know what's weird if you really think about it?

In celebrating Hecky's birthday, we're also actually low-key celebrating Mr and Mrs Heckingbottom doing it in roughly November 1976.

Weird.
I remember doing it roughly in Nov 76 - her name was Debora and she liked Trophy bitter and pork scratchings . I was only just 15 at the time and thought she was the most sophisticated being I had ever been in the company of .

I remember she watched 5 mins of the tv programme Roots whilst I was in action - I also managed to watch 3.5 mins out of that 5 mins as well

Wonder what she’s doing now ?

I remember doing it roughly in Nov 76 - her name was Debora and she liked Trophy bitter and pork scratchings . I was only just 15 at the time and thought she was the most sophisticated being I had ever been in the company of .

I remember she watched 5 mins of the tv programme Roots whilst I was in action - I also managed to watch 3.5 mins out of that 5 mins as well

She is probably up there with chicken George.

Do you recall?
Her house was very small....
With woodchip on the wall...
When you went round to call..
She didnt notice you at all...

Fallowfield has just self combusted reading this.

Gone to Luton.

I really thought it was a negative, cheap appointment when we gave Hecky the job.

From pretty much game one, he changed things for the better - got us playing positive football, got us back into our familiar shape (as Roy and Beans often say on blades pod we must be the only professional football team who is unable to play 4-4-2!) and it’s been an upward trend ever since.

I think the players love him, he’s down to earth and I personally find him more likeable than Wilder.

What a job he’s done given the shenanigans going on around him.

In celebrating Hecky's birthday, we're also actually low-key celebrating Mr and Mrs Heckingbottom doing it in roughly November 1976.

Weird.

Nothing weird IMO. I've just celebrated the event with a not-even-slightly-difficult wank.

Thankyou Mr and Mrs Hecky.

To my mind, he's already one of the best managers that Sheffield United have ever had.

He's dignified, speaks intelligently and is well respected in the game. He gets on with his job, where others would have been sulking, or having tantrums, causing chaos behind the scenes. Yes, I'm looking at you, Wilder!

He's literally performed minor miracles whilst he's been in charge, whilst at the same time possibly saving us from going into administration.

Up there with Sir David Bassett for me.

Weird.
I lost my virginity in November 76 "Doing it in roughly"😳.

Weird.
Picture the scene, a smoky disco somewhere in North Barnsley, a couple of Cherry Bs followed by a trip to the bogs for platforms off, flares off, tank tops off.

Magical innit?

Picture the scene, a smoky disco somewhere in North Barnsley, a couple of Cherry Bs followed by a trip to the bogs for platforms off, flares off, tank tops off.

Magical innit?
And how grateful we all are. 😍 Proper Romeo and Juliet stuff. Rumour has it, it inspired the Arctics writing Dancing Shoes...

Get on your dancing shoes
There's one thing on your mind
Hoping they're looking for you
Sure you'll be rummaging through
Oh and the shit, shock, the horror
You've seen your future bride
Yeah, but it's oh so absurd
For you to say the first word
So you're waiting and waiting and
The only reason that you came
So what you scared for
Oh, don't you always do the same
It's what you there for, don't you know
The lights are flashing
Down in here tonight
And some might exchange a glance
But keep pretending to dance
Don't act like it's not happening
As if it's impolite
To go and mention your name
Instead you'll just do the same
As they all do, and hope for the best

Back
Top Bottom