CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

“I still can’t believe it, playing in the Premier League is every little boy’s dream and I’m going to be doing it with Sheffield United, a massive club.

"Tomorrow (Saturday) it will be real. I’ve played here before with Coventry and I remember the song when the players walk out, it’s amazing, thrilling.”

Hmmm, did we maybe register him in time to play v Palace?

“I’m going to be doing it with Sheffield United, a massive club.”

Hasn’t he got the wrong team here, it’s the other Sheffield team that is the massive one! ;)

I’m going to be doing it with Sheffield United, a massive club.”

Hasn’t he got the wrong team here, it’s the other Sheffield team that is the massive one! ;)
He’s not the only one if these signings keep coming 🍆⚔️

The highs and lows of being a Blade eh. Can't explain how shit I felt when Ndiaye went but this is such a massive boost. What a signing and all credit to everyone at the club. Hopefully more to come. A little early to say I told you so but some people on here need to have a little bit more faith and stop throwing dummy out at first opportunity all the time.

Good things come to those who wait! Great signing! A top quality striker next and we’re sorted!

Best signing we’ll make this season. What a player. Everything we need. Stick him straight in ⚔️

Coventry fan here. Hamer should be a really good signing for you. His form towards the back end of last season was fantastic, he was a huge factor in our run to the play off final. Superb passing, great energy and not afraid to put his foot in. He has been with us for 3 seasons and has steadily improved. Disciplinary issues he had when he first arrived have been ironed out.
He was always going to leave when we missed out on promotion and deserves his shot at the Prem. He’ll be a big fans favourite with you as he’s fully committed and always has time for the supporters.
Not the first central midfielder we’ve sent you following in the footsteps of John Fleck and Michael Doyle. Don’t worry his passing is better than Doyle’s!
All the best for the upcoming season.

I watched the odd game of yours 2 years ago. Saw Hamer, thought he was good but nothing special.
It makes sense now...if he's steadily improved I must have seen him at the beginning of his journey.

Mentioned this earlier, we've suffered the same fate loads of times.

It's good to have a promotion run, we were almost promoted every season we were in league 1.
However the problem is.....when you're involved in a promotion challenge your best players stand out and are ripe for the picking.
We've lost Kyle Walker, Harry Maguire, Dominic Carvert-Lewin, Che Adams.
We just missed out on the play-offs
It's like a sliding doors moment, if we'd have won the play-offs we'd have kept those players for much longer.

We had a really talented player here called N'Diaye, for many of our fans it was a joy to see him play, as he could produce rare pieces of skill.
He was a bit of a secret and we were convinced he'd really impress and take the Premier League by storm
but he received word (probably tapped up) from the team he supported as a boy, Marseille, so he was desperate to go there and we refused to stand in his way.
Also like Hamer, our star player N'Diaye was entering the final year of his contract, so next year he could have left on a free.

Anyway thanks for cheering us up, we needed it.
Check out this forum over the next few weeks as we give player ratings, so you'll see what we think of him.

strange time for an unveiling when alot of fans will be in bed. although seeing the "midnight" i was me thinking twitter admin was a big fan of taylor swifts last album. it would make in the space of 5 days the prince has gone from an anti hero to a mastermind. which is a relief to hecky, as he was feeling like for the last fortnight you're on your own kid

but if he's good as im hearing im looking forward to seeing him play. no pressure but we were in dire need of quality & creativity

Feels like we’ve signed a more skillful and better tackling prime John fleck who can also bag double figure goals and assists.

Absolutely everything to love about this signing

“I still can’t believe it, playing in the Premier League is every little boy’s dream and I’m going to be doing it with Sheffield United, a massive club.

"Tomorrow (Saturday) it will be real. I’ve played here before with Coventry and I remember the song when the players walk out, it’s amazing, thrilling.”

Hmmm, did we maybe register him in time to play v Palace?

He’s playing

Is he Brazilian or Dutch? Or both? Who cares I'm buzzing 😅🤣

Born in Brazil but moved to Holland when he was a kid.....so he has dual nationality.
So being brought up in Holland he's speak better English than 90% of Blades fans.
He played a few games for little clubs in the Dutch league before joining Coventry.

Seeing these videos must make Cov fans feel like crying, his goodbye video actually seems genuine and heartfelt
but no player is ever bigger than than your club.

Last edited:
We need McBurnie back now Hamer's corners will be a dream for McB

If he's in the starting XI tomorrow, UNREAL.

Slimane - Souza - Hamer

what a midfield! If we keep adding, maybe a Doyle alongside an Archer....
If that happens, I'll start to believe... I'm already thinking twice which wasn't the case before... 🤣🤣

I know some people said he can’t play but in that interview 15 minutes ago he said tomorrow is going to be real and he is ready to play so i’m a little confused? Can he play?

Back
Top Bottom