CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

She said that Akpom is the priority, Doyle probably another loan with obligation to buy. All the free cash is going on Hamer and Akpom , thats if we can get Boro down a bit from 15 million , or conjure up some instalment deal for Akpom.Doubtful Boro will stoop lower or agree instalments so it looks as though it really would be coup to land him. They hope to unveil Hamer tomorrow at 2.45pm on the pitch ! (Provided he passes medical which hadnt finished at 6.15. However as shes come home for tea then going to make some calls so no update on the Akpom deal yet. Doyle deal is on. Will update if she hears anything this evening. UTB
News from Boro they’ve accepted a fee from Lens….. what’s the T

Ah, so they're going to run with just 20 players this season, compared to everyone else going with 25, got you. To be fair they could probably get away with it, but it's kind of silly to say that Doyle is surplus to requirements on account of him not being on the bench ahead of (checks notes) Kalvin Phillips and Mateo Kovacic
Points taken,but surely Doyle himself isn't gonna accept not playing..?
So....may as well loan/sell him ,so I'm sure if its reasonable ,we'd be first choice ?
I've sorts drifted off my first post,but I'm sure you get what I mean.

Get the Akpom cash on Archer then, get Doyle on Loan to buy. Pray McBurnie or Osula can be the striker we need
Exactly this, Akpom was an ambitious target. Akpom is also a 1 season wonder, personally i think it was a gamble. Would prefer Archer but Akpom was the number 1 target for united. However no idea what Archer would cost. However if Akpom doesn’t want to go to Lens or cant agree terms then we are still in that race

Having seen these medical / signing day film clips before, it' hardly gonna take an hour or so is it? There's the medical itself which I reckon probably takes anything approaching a couple of hours. Then there's the paperwork, the press stuff, the media stuff, editing etc. I'd be amazed if anything is out tonight, or it'll be late if it is.

Sure a player has said before the medical is just like 15 minutes long.

Take your trousers down
cough
Yep you're fine.

NEXT

Ah, so they're going to run with just 20 players this season, compared to everyone else going with 25, got you. To be fair they could probably get away with it, but it's kind of silly to say that Doyle is surplus to requirements on account of him not being on the bench ahead of (checks notes) Kalvin Phillips and Mateo Kovacic
To be fair, I think you've just made the exact case for why he is surpluses to requirements.

What City or Doyle get out of him sitting in the stands watching 4 top internationals okay instead of him?

To be fair, I think you've just made the exact case for why he is surpluses to requirements.

What City or Doyle get out of him sitting in the stands watching 4 top internationals okay instead of him?

He may well be surplus to requirements. The point I was trying to make is that you can't draw any inferences on City's opinion of him on account of him not being on a bench featuring multiple midfielders who are clearly superior to Doyle

Yep. He’s just had 2 seasons of playing regularly, he won’t want a season on the bench at this stage.

We need to tell Akpom that Lens have sold their best two players and will do well to finish top 4..... still a good move for him to be fair. But he may still reject them. If he only wants to sign for us then maybe Boro will end up accepting a lower fee

Pleased Doyle seems to be returning - and hopefully it is an obligation to buy

But I'm concerned it's quiet on OBrien, because we need that LCM option. I know he's likely to be a late one, but it's not clear there'll be space for him, in terms of loan slot and general midfield numbers

Just been in Dev, heard Timbertop have gazumped us.

We move on. UTB.

He may well be surplus to requirements. The point I was trying to make is that you can't draw any inferences on City's opinion of him on account of him not being on a bench featuring multiple midfielders who are clearly superior to Doyle
Agreed 100%. He's a good player, and I'm sure City think the same.

The best thing for both of them, is that he goes out to the prem, where someone pays his wages for a year and he proves he's worth a big juicy fee next season

We need to tell Akpom that Lens have sold their best two players and will do well to finish top 4..... still a good move for him to be fair. But he may still reject them. If he only wants to sign for us then maybe Boro will end up accepting a lower fee

Pleased Doyle seems to be returning - and hopefully it is an obligation to buy

But I'm concerned it's quiet on OBrien, because we need that LCM option. I know he's likely to be a late one, but it's not clear there'll be space for him, in terms of loan slot and general midfield numbers
yes it has gone quiet on obrien just wonder if hecky is going to play a slightly different system 🤔

Exactly this, Akpom was an ambitious target. Akpom is also a 1 season wonder, personally i think it was a gamble. Would prefer Archer but Akpom was the number 1 target for united. However no idea what Archer would cost. However if Akpom doesn’t want to go to Lens or cant agree terms then we are still in that race
Akpom a 27 Yr old one season wonder thanks mainly to Archer. Not for me.

Our beautiful wonderful gus , looks like it's all but certain now,. Whatever you think of Sky blues this is a massive blow for us, and could be the difference for you from staying up or going down.
You will be amazed at what he can do. I hope we have a massive sell on clause.

Our beautiful wonderful gus , looks like it's all but certain now,. Whatever you think of Sky blues this is a massive blow for us, and could be the difference for you from staying up or going down.
You will be amazed at what he can do. I hope we have a massive sell on clause.
1000 tennis balls, 500 whistles. And £50 sport's direct voucher 👍🏻

Our beautiful wonderful gus , looks like it's all but certain now,. Whatever you think of Sky blues this is a massive blow for us,
Letting you into a secret… we don’t actually think about you much at all… 🤷‍♂️

Where are United at with Akpom? Have we agreed terms with him? Are we negotiating with boro on the fee? If he’s PH’s #1 target I’d imagine we’ve got some room for manoeuvre?

Where are United at with Akpom? Have we agreed terms with him? Are we negotiating with boro on the fee? If he’s PH’s #1 target I’d imagine we’ve got some room for manoeuvre?

Lens have agreed a fee

Lens have agreed a fee

Looks like our offer was £8 million with our max set at being around £10 million
but Lens have bid £13 million and this has been accepted.

Remember he’s entering the final year of his contract, so like N’Diaye and Berge his value is now reduced.
Also he’s 28 years old, so if he’s sold in future you can’t expect a high price due to his age….so a poor investment re-sale factor.
Also his goal scoring record isn’t the greatest, he was brilliant last year but before that the Boro fans didn’t even rate him.
So he could be a one season wonder, it’s a risk and 10 million tops seems fair.
The Boro fans are obviously dissapointed but aren’t too disappointed to see him go and think £13 mill is brilliant for them as long as it’s re-invested.
Some of their fans are suggesting they use some of their new found wealth to bring back Cameron Archer.

Now it’s down to the player to agree the deal, which I assume he will, otherwise why let Lens enter the bidding.

Last edited:

If Akpom wants to play in prem he will force a move, if we really want him we will find out sometime soon I would guess

Back
Top Bottom