Ground that one out

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not at our best, but still comfortably better than a very poor Hull team. If we'd taken one of those early chances you fancied us to kick on and get a couple more. We did look tired, and the break comes at a good time.

Not at our best, but still comfortably better than a very poor Hull team. If we'd taken one of those early chances you fancied us to kick on and get a couple more. We did look tired, and the break comes at a good time.

Hull were better than I expected insofar as they had proper go second half. As an Adkins team I expected the white flag.

First half they were indeed dirge.

It looks like we have gained another string to our bow this season, in that we can win games when not at our best, & I am happy about that. Far too many times last season any dip in our standards punished us with bad results & losing points, so the fact we can now win "ugly" shows as a club we are learning management of games. So far we have picked up quite a few points from games we lost or drew last season, & early days I know but we are top of the league & if we hit prime form that will send shudders through our rivals.
Great time to be a Blade, COYRWW.

It looks like we have gained another string to our bow this season, in that we can win games when not at our best, & I am happy about that. Far too many times last season any dip in our standards punished us with bad results & losing points, so the fact we can now win "ugly" shows as a club we are learning management of games. So far we have picked up quite a few points from games we lost or drew last season, & early days I know but we are top of the league & if we hit prime form that will send shudders through our rivals.

I credit Henderson and Egan with that. And the fella who signed them.

Looked very leggy after the first 20 but we were still the only side who set out to try to win the game.

The International break has come at a perfect time. I hope CW gives all those with out call ups a full week off.

Top of the League though hey?

Hull were better than I expected insofar as they had proper go second half. As an Adkins team I expected the white flag.

First half they were indeed dirge.

Hull looked instantly better with Dicko on, fuck knows why Adkins didn't have him on from the off.

That added with the absolutely horrendous set pieces from Hull just point to awful management.

There's a decent team in there though, pacey.

How is it that the players look tired?
Four games in an unchanged side too much for them?
Fucking hell, Aston Villa used 13 men in
1981 to win the Football league championship.

Teams will come and try and spoil the flow. But we were patient and deserved the win today. Another clean sheet after Wednesday night's. Teams that compete at the right end win 1-0" about 10 times in a season.small margins make all the diffrence

Didn't think we played poorly. Maybe they raised their game today but frankly Hull were a lot better than I expected. Did a good job pressing us in the second half and were braver than most sides to visit the Lane when it came to pushing up. Still, three or four times in the first half we almost passed it through them and right now it's only a matter of time before we get that final ball right. Maybe a bit lucky that it came through a penalty, but I didn't doubt we'd find a way through at some point.

Behind closed door friendly next weekend anybody?

Despite all the indicators, they didn’t actually park the bus, did they? Fair play to the Adkins Twat for having a go at us, within their limitations. We looked a bit weary, but we always looked in control. Good times to be a Blade :)

Hull came with a plan and it looked like they were set on a clean sheet and maybe pinch a goal

They were disciplined at the back and a lot more organised than I expected

But as Floyd Mayweather says:
Whatever you do, I’ll always find a way to win

Great result today and I expect a lot of teams to come and defend well at the lane this season for a 0-0 win

Hull came with a plan and it looked like they were set on a clean sheet and maybe pinch a goal

They were disciplined at the back and a lot more organised than I expected

But as Floyd Mayweather says:
Whatever you do, I’ll always find a way to win

Great result today and I expect a lot of teams to come and defend well at the lane this season for a 0-0 win
Couldn’t have said it better myself!!. A few teams are gonna come to the Lane with a similar plan.
It’s about grinding out the win no matter how you achieve it?. We’re top of the league. UTB

We've done the job, that's all that was required today. I'll forgive them for not being their usual fluid selves because it's been a gruesome week for players like Sharp and Duffy
Now it's a nice fortnights rest to recharge the batteries

Wasn’t pretty and we looked very laboured, but a wins a win.

And what a save from Hendo!

2 point gap ahead of 3rd, let’s make that 5 points at the next game.

Wizaaaaaaaards

UTB

You get games like that in a season. Both teams were pretty poor I thought. It was a boring game. But as you say, we won! And that's all that matters.

Hull looked instantly better with Dicko on, fuck knows why Adkins didn't have him on from the off.

That added with the absolutely horrendous set pieces from Hull just point to awful management.

There's a decent team in there though, pacey.

Always thought Dicko was a decent player. Pace, skillful and a good shot on him

He could be a player we could go for in Jan and at a more sensible price than the likes of players like Waghorn

He could be a player we could go for in Jan and at a more sensible price than the likes of players like Waghorn

What do his fellow pros call him? He's already got an O at the end. For that reason alone I don't think we will haha

Off-topic, but what was the minute's applause for on 23 minutes? I missed the announcement.

There's a reason he can't get in the Dull side. His goal scoring record is shocking.

Spot on lad

Yeh we did grind out 3 more points but this was on back of two impressive & hard fought away wins in a week . These were the games last season we couldn’t capitalise on and let points slip through our fingers . As I just said in my player ratings comments I think if we’d just had a bit more composure that first 20 mins we’d have probably been a bit more comfortable.
I’ll more that happy if we grind out a few more like this if the outcome is a 3 point return , we’re learning to be more professional in seeing out the result
Egan MOTM for me marshalled defence well

Back
Top Bottom