Greetings and thanks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

DerryCity

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

Just signed on here to get an idea of how y'all are getting on after the Wigan game. I didn't think you'd have lost that match :(

Also a word of thanks. The colours of the team I support, Derry City FC, were introduced because of you guys...

Wikipedia said:
...the now-traditional red and white "candystripes" with black shorts for the 1934–35 season. The style derived from Sheffield United, who wore the pattern and, specifically, Billy Gillespie,[5] a native of Donegal.[58] He played for Sheffield United from 1913 until 1932, captaining them to a 1925 FA Cup win. The club's most capped player with 25 for Ireland,[58] he was held in such high regard in his home country that when he left Sheffield United in 1932 to become Derry's manager, they changed their strip within two years in reverence to him and his time in Sheffield.

Our league operates during the summer so I get football all year round. :D

Keep an eye our for us in the Champ. League Qualifiers.

I hope you get promoted to the Prem. instantly. I'll be keeping an eye out for yez.

Hey, welcome to the forum :)

As soon as I saw your name I thought of Billy Gillespie.

We're all a bit gutted around here but looking forward to next season in the Championship... this Premiership lark isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Keep us updated on Derry, it's nice to hear from fans around the world :) Their trials and tribulations make us feel like we're not alone in our problems!

Come on you Red and White Wizards (all of 'em!)

Derry City - Yes, hi! what about ye? Glad to see a fellow derry mucker has followed the candystripes into blades world! (I'll can the derryisms now:) )

A great post Derry City which makes the forum a more interesting place.

I will indeed keep a watch out for your results in the future.

Welcome and I hope you stick around.

:)

Thanks for welcome and good will messages everyone. Much appreciated. :)

welcome derry boys!!

Up the red and white striped!!

Back
Top Bottom