Great Post

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

In hindsight, probably so. I'd have to agree.
But right now I still feel the players and management have severely under-performed and let themselves, the club, and its supporters down.
Relegation, I can take. Done it before, no doubt, will do it again. But the capitulation of this season is embarrassing.
Next season, we need OUR UNITED back. Fight, be brave and give everything, win, lose, or draw. Fuck the defeatist shit of Wilder and United of 2020/21.
utb

If you told me when Wilder was appointed what the future held to today, I’d have bitten your hand off. But it all seems to have turned pretty toxic now and unless that gets sorted pronto we might end up back where we were when Wilder walked in.

It's from Steve Cowans.

To put in context if offered you'd have accepted.

It is a bit United in the attitude of "well, we'll always be a bit shit, won't we?"

Though I do hope we can approach the next season with the clear direction Norwich took, and not cutting our cloth to ridiculous levels but there are not many teams that get relegated that don't have to do some adjustment.

For me it's like a period in your life when you were down in the dumps and feeling shit about yourself. Then along comes this beautiful girl and sweeps you off your feet. You have the best few years of your life and things really are fantastic. But then, alas, things turn to shit and the relationship crumbles. None of it is your doing but you realise it's over and you are sinking into a deep depression. So what do you do? Do you let yourself slip into the darkness and sorrow. Or do you look at it for what it is/was. Take stock of the situation. Take the positives out of what you had. Look at yourself as a person and dust yourself down, sort yourself out and get the fuck on with it.

Onwards and upwards! We are Blades, we go again!
💪💪💪💪

I agree (although it obviously shouldn’t have to be a trade off).

Apologies for singling out Gimli as an example here, but there were plenty (me included) at the time who felt the same, e.g.:

So proud of every single player and the management.

It’s a brilliant achievement!!

I honestly don’t care if we lose every game next season!!!

For me it's like a period in your life when you were down in the dumps and feeling shit about yourself. Then along comes this beautiful girl and sweeps you off your feet. You have the best few years of your life and things really are fantastic. But then, alas, things turn to shit and the relationship crumbles. None of it is your doing but you realise it's over and you are sinking into a deep depression. So what do you do? Do you let yourself slip into the darkness and sorrow. Or do you look at it for what it is/was. Take stock of the situation. Take the positives out of what you had. Look at yourself as a person and dust yourself down, sort yourself out and get the fuck on with it.

💪💪💪💪
Yes,you dust yourself down, get rid of your old clothes, go out and buy yourself a complete set of new clothes and strut your stuff. Or in the case of SUFC bin the old players,go out and buy new set and get the (as you said) Fxxk on with it.

I agree (although it obviously shouldn’t have to be a trade off).

Apologies for singling out Gimli as an example here, but there were plenty (me included) at the time who felt the same, e.g.:
No problem at all mate, i can’t believe we’ve actually managed to pretty much lose every game but in the grand scheme of things would I accept a season like this as punishment for the epic journey we had before it? (let’s face it, we’re blades, there’s always got to be some slap in the face at the end)

Yeah probably, although now we’ve experienced losing pretty much every game in a season I don’t think it was correct of me to say ‘I don’t care if that happens’ because I definitely do, it’s been an absolute dog turd of a season. Although ironically losing every game has caused loads of us (me included) to stop caring and just want the season over and done with.

Sorry for ramble...

I'd agree but it's so depressing that as Blades we almost expect that after the highs, there will be a massive low to follow.

There's a lot of talk of grit and determination and all the usual cobblers associated with us when we do well, but that team played great football, it wasn't backs to the wall stuff. I also disagree about this notion now that we over-performed last season. Those players were playing like that in the promotion season and they just carried on playing the same way and without fear of who they were playing.

There's just so many of them who's form has dropped off a cliff this season.

I'd agree but it's so depressing that as Blades we almost expect that after the highs, there will be a massive low to follow.

There's a lot of talk of grit and determination and all the usual cobblers associated with us when we do well, but that team played great football, it wasn't backs to the wall stuff. I also disagree about this notion now that we over-performed last season. Those players were playing like that in the promotion season and they just carried on playing the same way and without fear of who they were playing.

There's just so many of them who's form has dropped off a cliff this season.

Yes, this is correct. And if Wilder had not had a mental breakdown it would have carried on this season as well.

You could just tell with Wilder, those last few games before lockdown in March 2020 is where I noticed a couple of differences in him, something had gone wrong in his head which just escalated through lockdown.

Our players and manager were very much an "all in it together" mob.

Isolation and training at home killed everything that Wilder had built.

And I've said it before, we all knew something unbelievable that would only really affect Sheffield United was brewing on the horizon.

Things just aren't allowed to be good for us, every so often God falls asleep for a while and we do ok while he's not looking

But as soon as he wakes up he fucks us, and I hate the cunt

💪💪💪💪
How naive, Snakers.
In that situation it’s allus your fault.

💪💪💪💪
...or just pay for a stream of hookers for a few years ?

It's from Steve Cowans.

To put in context if offered you'd have accepted.

It is a bit United in the attitude of "well, we'll always be a bit shit, won't we?"

Though I do hope we can approach the next season with the clear direction Norwich took, and not cutting our cloth to ridiculous levels but there are not many teams that get relegated that don't have to do some adjustment.
knowsnowt , you're going to have to go and tell Steve it was a crap post. 🤔

I'd have took those highs too. It's just such a pity we just threw it away so easily. Ok, there were major setbacks, but we just didn't fight hard enough for the dream this year.
It feels shit, but in a way like losing a pet that that you've known for weeks is going to die.
Our consolation is we can come back again. As others have said, if the Blades we love come back, well be ok.

Now that we are relegated I am pleased that we won,t have to kick off at strange times. normal Saturday 3 pm kick-offs and Tue/Wed 7.45 kick-off.
Get rid of that bleeding pink kit and Lundstrom Norwood as well for starters.

Back
Top Bottom