Great away performances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

And Vinnie Jones pulling a face to the Blades fans after a Sunderland effort went wide
I recall when YorkBlade interviewed Vinnie Jones.

He has a slightly different recollection of his career than the rest of us. I think at one point he referred to himself getting man of the match every week.

I seem to recall him being at best motivational and someone who got stuck in and could do the basics, at worst he was a glorified catapult and a liability in terms of discipline.

Just saying like.

I seem to recall we won 6-3 away at Luton i the mid-90s.
Horrible memory that.
Drove up from Kent where I lived didnt know that away fans couldnt buy a ticket on the door (was a new thing as Millwall Fans had smashed up Lutons ground a few months before.
Thought, stuff it Ill just go int e home end then. Bloody Luton had given 2000 seats away to schoolkids to boost the crowd and me and some other fans ended up not getting in.
Driving back down the motorway to Kent when that score came in was seriously F-d off!

Portsmouth 1-2 Sheff Utd Jan 2003

Michael Brown ran the fucking game. Pompey couldn't get past him, and he scored the winner. A real 10/10.

pommpey
Definitely one of my top away days, Browny was sublime. Bricks flying over from the passage behind the Milton end 😆
Nestled in second behind Pompey and ahead of the freshly-administrated and cheerfully unsanctioned Leicester City, I was certain we were getting promoted after that performance...

In 1968, we were relegated, got through to the 6th round of the FA Cup and beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield on Good Friday.

Oh, and me and Cooky from Donny hitched all the way to Anfield and hitched a ride back on the team coach all the way back to Sheffield.

Now that's what I call an away day to remember 😁

Definitely one of my top away days, Browny was sublime. Bricks flying over from the passage behind the Milton end 😆
Nestled in second behind Pompey and ahead of the freshly-administrated and cheerfully unsanctioned Leicester City, I was certain we were getting promoted after that performance...
Ii recall watching that with the London Blades, of which I was a part for a good few years.

Might have been at the Green Man and French Horn on a Monday night?

Brown was immense.

In 1968, we were relegated, got through to the 6th round of the FA Cup and beat Liverpool 2-1 at Anfield on Good Friday.

Oh, and me and Cooky from Donny hitched all the way to Anfield and hitched a ride back on the team coach all the way back to Sheffield.

Will post the Liverpool report in the 1967-68 thread in 4 weeks time!

Always thought that the links between our last 2 wins at Anfield are eerie:

• they were both on an Easter weekend (1994 was Easter Saturday)
  • they both finished 2-1 to us
  • they didn't help us avoid relegation, as we went down on the last day of the season both times, losing to Chelsea on both occasion.

Always thought that the links between our last 2 wins at Anfield are eerie:

• they were both on an Easter weekend (1994 was Easter Saturday)
  • they both finished 2-1 to us
  • they didn't help us avoid relegation, as we went down on the last day of the season both times, losing to Chelsea on both occasion.
White shorts seasons too despite that we wore black shorts v Chelsea in May 1968 (only time we wore black shorts in a home game that season)

Portsmouth November 1985.
Their home record read 7-0-0 ; goal difference 21-0
Blades won 3-0 I recall Foley & Withe scoring.
There were a few bricks coming over from home fans leaving early.

I recall when YorkBlade interviewed Vinnie Jones.

He has a slightly different recollection of his career than the rest of us. I think at one point he referred to himself getting man of the match every week.

I seem to recall him being at best motivational and someone who got stuck in and could do the basics, at worst he was a glorified catapult and a liability in terms of discipline.

Just saying like.
He was motivational, but crap IMO. One of the most limited footballers I've watched at BDTBL, and it's a pretty low bar

Back
Top Bottom