Great away performances

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
We have had some over the years, games where it's felt like we were the home team. Towards the end of 100 point season, had a few. Latterly QPR 2nd half last season.

My first away game ever wasn't bad Oldham 5-1 also recall us smashing Bradford 5-0 under Warnock.

Could do with one tonight.

Wasn't there one where we spanked Leicester at Filbert St, near end of season ( late 80's,early 90's) to get promoted. Four or Five goal thriller.

Latterly QPR 2nd half last season.
Been thinking about that game and our run-in a bit recently.
This time last year we were all moaning that the players were “chucking away the playoffs” before they got their arse in gear and stuck some big results on the board.
They’ve done it before…

And Vinnie Jones pulling a face to the Blades fans after a Sunderland effort went wide
The spirit that day epitomised the best bits of that era. Each player was completely committed to the cause, no passengers. Same tonight and we’ll win but the current players don’t have that mentality.

Beating Forest 5-2 on a foggy February day 1992 Lake, Bryson, Gannon, Bradshaw and Deane
Didn’t Keane score for the scabs that day too!! That’s when it was an open terrace and forest were still good, although clearly the signs were there.

Lake scored several stunners that season but gannon with his right foot!! What a strike,

Millwall 2005/06.
Boro in 97
Stoke in 96
West Brom under Warnock in one of our drab seasons. The ultimate smash and grab.

We have had some over the years, games where it's felt like we were the home team. Towards the end of 100 point season, had a few. Latterly QPR 2nd half last season.

My first away game ever wasn't bad Oldham 5-1 also recall us smashing Bradford 5-0 under Warnock.

Could do with one tonight.

My favourite was the Bristol city away game this season

Liquid football

Gritty hard-fought wins:
vs Fulham last year - Illiman wondergoal
vs Leeds - Basham's arriving
Another one tonight please :)

Been through this before, but for me; Bouncing Day 2-4, revenge to top off a perfect day.
After that Chelsea 2-2 . Poor first half performance but a great second half performance, enter the Moose. Enda second half performance was outstanding , looked every bit the International footballer he was.
" Your just a shit Derby County" priceless.

Promotion is far more important than the cup and if the team are saving their best for the FA cup, then the sooner we're out the better for me.... 👍 .

Last edited:
Been thinking about that game and our run-in a bit recently.
This time last year we were all moaning that the players were “chucking away the playoffs” before they got their arse in gear and stuck some big results on the board.
They’ve done it before…
Sort of hoping we chuck em again.....

For me a 3 1 win at Norwich in our 75/76 relegation season. It was our first away win and came the week after relegation had been confirmed.

Also remember a 1 1 draw in the 4th Division promotion season at Bury. Keith Edwards for the equaliser in injury time. Even though it was a night game I recall we had 3 sides of the ground.

That’s the home game. There were 13,500 at the away game.

I’ll Chuck in the 2-1 win at Anfield in 1994. An excellent display and still the most unexpected Blades win I have seen live. Only winning at Old Trafford 2 years ago was more surprising.
DOH , should have known that when I saw the line up , didn’t we have to make a lot of changes for the away game ?

I think the 1-0 away to WBA in the promotion season is another of those
A very makeshift team: Enda, Egan, Cranie as back three. West Brom hadn't been beaten at home in months. They scored in every game. We beat them with a header from Kieran Dowell after great work by Cranie. We might even have had Marvin Johnson at wing back. Oh and Egan came off at half time injured. Ridiculous result.

Back
Top Bottom