Great Advert For Our Academy.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

10p

Fatty Foulkes' Lovechild
Reaction score
Euros have been great advert for our academy.
Two out of today’s back 3 came though OUR academy (and the other is from a few miles up the road).

Attracting youngsters must be easier if we can point out how many of our graduates have made it right to the top.

It’s interesting that quite a few of the England squad have come through from ‘smaller’ ‘unfashionable’ clubs rather than the ones who throw mega millions at their youth teams:

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Harry
Rice
Phillips
Shaw
Henderson (J)
Sterling
Rammers
Pope

Note; All the goalies!

I’m sure someone fill in the ones I’ve missed.

Euros have been great advert for our academy.
Two out of today’s back 3 came though OUR academy (and the other is from a few miles up the road).

Attracting youngsters must be easier if we can point out how many of our graduates have made it right to the top.

It’s interesting that quite a few of the England squad have come through from ‘smaller’ ‘unfashionable’ clubs rather than the ones who throw mega millions at their youth teams:

Pickford
Walker
Stones
Harry
Rice
Phillips
Shaw
Henderson (J)
Sterling
Rammers
Pope

Note; All the goalies!

I’m sure someone fill in the ones I’ve missed.

Pope was replaced by Johnstone, who came through the Man United academy, but other than that it's a great advert for 'smaller clubs'

I've been rooting around the house for 'Blades at Wembley' flags and stickers for the car for the next couple of days.

But seriously though. Although us lot have been going on about it locally, has the national media told the world about our brilliant academy success? Has the club done much ?
Its not often we are batting with and out competing the best, we should shout about it. We have 4 academy graduates in contention for the Euro final. 15% of the squad!

I wouldn' t be surprised if I have missed it of course, (pls post links) - tell me I've been asleep.

But if not, can some of you lot who know what to do, Instafuk, Whatsup, Tweet, TikTok, #somethinggarylineker

Calvert-Lewin - Sheffield United
Shaw - Southampton
Sterling - QPR (signed for Liverpool at 16 before debut at 18)

Mings - made his way from non-league to Bournemouth

I've been rooting around the house for 'Blades at Wembley' flags and stickers for the car for the next couple of days.

But seriously though. Although us lot have been going on about it locally, has the national media told the world about our brilliant academy success? Has the club done much ?
Its not often we are batting with and out competing the best, we should shout about it. We have 4 academy graduates in contention for the Euro final. 15% of the squad!

I wouldn' t be surprised if I have missed it of course, (pls post links) - tell me I've been asleep.

But if not, can some of you lot who know what to do, Instafuk, Whatsup, Tweet, TikTok, #somethinggarylineker
The clubs social media has been putting out pictures from the matches/training sessions of all former and current blades when the FA or welsh FA released them but other than that no.
I think it’s more something we shout about to prospective academy players come here because this is what we can do for you etc. There’s a reason we’ve picked up peck this summer who was very highly rated at arsenal and it’s not because he really likes Henderson’s relish he’ll view us as a good place to give him a professional career and maybe more. It’s something that definitely works in our favour but which goes on behind the scenes.

Back
Top Bottom