Good On Yer Paul H !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

We play better without Lundstrum, it's still shite, slow, lack of cutting edge, go backwards instead of forwards, no quality etc etc, but It's still better without him. Osborn tries his bollocks off compared to him. Ah well, we are down, hopefully the new manager will change a lot and we will again play exciting football. This season has been utter shite. Get the kids in now, Lunny, should not play again.
UTB, stay positive everyone, we have been shitter than this before!

Any criticism of Hecky seems harsh to me, he's not to blame for where we are and I don't see a change to any other formation as likely to make that much difference with our centre midfield problem and LCB lack of quality. He may be under instruction to persist with it as some have suggested, who knows.

We're not going to suddenly improve this season with the same players and a continued absence of Berge, Basham and O'Connell. But next season with a few signings in the midfield and LCB if JOC is still injured and this team will be a force next season. We have to accept a few more losses between now and the end of the season but really that's not going to matter, what matters is the board appoints and who comes in, there's real reason for optimism if the board get that right.

Any criticism of Hecky seems harsh to me, he's not to blame for where we are and I don't see a change to any other formation as likely to make that much difference with our centre midfield problem and LCB lack of quality. He may be under instruction to persist with it as some have suggested, who knows.

We're not going to suddenly improve this season with the same players and a continued absence of Berge, Basham and O'Connell. But next season with a few signings in the midfield and LCB if JOC is still injured and this team will be a force next season. We have to accept a few more losses between now and the end of the season but really that's not going to matter, what matters is the board appoints and who comes in, there's real reason for optimism if the board get that right.
Couldnt agree more Booker and exactly my sentiment just written on the 'complete overhaul needed' thread. Just wish others could see beyond the end of their noses.

It’s weird that PH gets criticised for the first team given the shitty hand he’s been dealt and powerless to change to any great extent, yet the academy teams get lauded even though they’re covered in PH’s fingerprints.
Quicker we get the new man in the better - let PH get back to work with the youth in the job he wants, and let the new manager start the plans for next season.

To be fair, I don't know what more he can do at this stage.. We haven't got enough quality, at least the effort is still there, and noticeable that we moved the ball around a lot better and quicker and played out from the back.. I don't think Pep or Klopp would get anymore out of them at the moment..Enda scores and we're 1 up, and would have probably won the game.
To be fair, Pep and Klopp probably wouldn’t have us driving towards the corner flags, with players outnumbering those actually in the box 4-1

Yeah maybe, but I’m disappointed he isn’t his own manager a bit more. Yes, we lack quality, but the tactics and formation are very similar to Wilder’s. Infuriating overplay out wide, rarely looking to create centrally, nobody willing to take anybody on etc. It absolutely isn’t his fault, but I’m surprised how little he’s tried to change.

I thought we got the ball in the box, much quicker last night, the only problem was that our strikers were heavily outnumbered by much taller defenders.
Anyway, it’s just a case of playing out the fixtures now and hopefully salvaging a bit of pride.

Have you noticed Heckingbottom spends the whole match on the touchline with his arms folded?
Showing as much passion as most of the players.
Wacthing that shit and the zero quality mentioned in another thread he should be watching it with his hands over his eyes.
🙈

Wouldnt be surprised now we are relegated that we get some Manager announcement news soon. Probably board waiting till we are definitely down. Even if said announcement is to start after season end. Not like the new manager can be blamed for relegation when we are already down.

Back
Top Bottom