Good morning

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Aberdeen Blade

Reaction score
I have recently been following the fortunes of Sheffield United and thought I’d sign up on your forum.

I’m an Aberdeen fan but have got to the stage that I am truly sick of Scottish Football for a variety of reasons so have been looking to broaden my football supporting horizons. It’s not uncommon in Scotland to have an ‘English team’ but balls to following the fortunes of a Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea etc. I see people in the pub ‘support’ these teams week in, week out and it looks like one of the most boring, mundane, soulless activities you can take part in.

I’m not quite sure why I’ve landed on Sheffield United but hopefully I can make it to a game or two next season.

What else should I be aware of when following the Blades?

UTB

I have recently been following the fortunes of Sheffield United and thought I’d sign up on your forum.

I’m an Aberdeen fan but have got to the stage that I am truly sick of Scottish Football for a variety of reasons so have been looking to broaden my football supporting horizons. It’s not uncommon in Scotland to have an ‘English team’ but balls to following the fortunes of a Man Utd/Liverpool/Chelsea etc. I see people in the pub ‘support’ these teams week in, week out and it looks like one of the most boring, mundane, soulless activities you can take part in.

I’m not quite sure why I’ve landed on Sheffield United but hopefully I can make it to a game or two next season.

UTB

Misery and despair for starters.

Oh and welcome :)

Welcome,
You join us at a time where we are in turmoil....... Mind you whenever you join us we seem to be in turmoil

UTB

Welcome along!

You need to know:

• That the Greasy Chip Butty song references Magnet not maggots :)
  • That former players occasionally take on superpowers when they've left (ref Steven Kabba, Christian Nadé)
  • That we will never, ever score a goal in any game played at a neutral venue.

Despite all that you will also find Blades to generally be passionate about our team, even if the years have taught us that disappointment is more common than success!

Back
Top Bottom